A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

And register for the site, seemingly

No registration is required.  As other said you can't follow the links, but instead you note which year / month / day the shed info was posted, and then you go to the Blog Archive section on the right hand side of the page and navigate to the appropriate date.

• RMweb Gold

Is there a photo of 6018 King Henry VI anywhere on the Kings Cross - Leeds service.

The man of the cloth to the rescue as ever.Bishop ( then Canon ) Treacy....being a local Leeds lad at the time ( Wakefield actually ) snapped 6018 at Beeston Junction on the 7:50 pm Leeds - KX. G #W clearly on tender.No actual date. My copy of his "Steam Up" is open at page 53.....

• RMweb Gold

Anyway I've repainted the Hornby Anderson shelter using Lifecolor acrylics , the corrugated texture made it easier to dry brush,and placed where I think it looks best. I also have a shed for this scene.

post-126-0-67067200-1529604319_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-88052000-1529604341_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Anyway I've repainted the Hornby Anderson shelter using Lifecolor acrylics , the corrugated texture made it easier to dry brush,and placed where I think it looks best. I also have a shed for this scene.

attachicon.gifDSCN3706 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3705 (2).JPG

Very nice.

How many are you going to do because I believe every garden would have had one!

• RMweb Gold

Now you tell me !

I found the remains of an Anderson Shelter when I was digging the pond many, many years ago (they were usually much closer to the house than you've positioned your's).

There was a Brick built Shelter at the bottom of the garden as well dating from WW1 :P

• RMweb Gold

Nice vans, no trees required.

A Southern Utility van is a very nice thing to have. I shall be weathering one of mine in due course.

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A Southern Utility van is a very nice thing to have. I shall be weathering one of mine in due course.

Rob

They are a good tree substitute IMO, green and do a reasonable job of hiding other lesser objects behind them. ;-p

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifDSCN3706 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3705 (2).JPG

The only thing missing from that photo, is Spitfire's nemesis - the Messerschmitt BF109  :jester:  :jester:

post-7000-0-02940900-1529606971_thumb.jpg

Attacks by friendly fire did happen, in the case of this particular 109 :P

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

They are a good tree substitute IMO, green and do a reasonable job of hiding other lesser objects behind them. ;-p

Have to agree on that. Even came in different lengths. They also popped up all over the country so did a good job of hiding lots of different things. In a bid to be seen a certain company fitted their locos with copper tops to their engines chimneys. More of a cry for help really.......

• RMweb Gold

The only thing missing from that photo, is Spitfire's nemesis - the Messerschmitt BF109 :jester: :jester:

ME109E-3_22.jpg

Attacks by friendly fire did happen, in the case of this particular 109 :P

Absolutely love that model, very different! It has made me think of a question, when the RAF were testing these captured enemy aircraft, were the armed?

• RMweb Gold

I found the remains of an Anderson Shelter when I was digging the pond many, many years ago (they were usually much closer to the house than you've positioned your's).

I would expect quite a few got used as sheds in the post war period and beyond and perhaps my house owner has moved his since the end of WW2. ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There was a Brick built Shelter at the bottom of the garden as well dating from WW1 :P

Luxury.All I had to protect me was something my mother called a "Moses basket" ( Contrary to popular belief I am no prophet...Heljan 47 XX excepted ) into which I was unceremoniously thrust when the air raid siren sounded and placed in the cupboard under the stairs.Teflon safe of course......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely love that model, very different! It has made me think of a question, when the RAF were testing these captured enemy aircraft, were the armed?

I think they did test the armament as part of the evaluation process.

• RMweb Gold

Rob

A beautiful model.

post-126-0-28134000-1529608055_thumb.jpg

• Like 12