A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

And . . . . . ?

Paul.

As predicted by some they are going to do the steel panelled 57’ type and are currently in the design stage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

As predicted by some they are going to do the steel panelled 57’ type and are currently in the design stage.

Anything further on the Mainline and City carriages?

Presumably the 57ft are ages away yet....

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Glad you asked, I didn’t get enough time away from the stand…

I did end up buying a Dapol 43xx (GWR) with minor damage before the show opened though…

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Apologies in advance for the quality of all the photos I took today of various products of interest to this thread.

DSCN8526.JPG.df59e91693f6d4303730869ed1547f91.JPG

With third rail shoe beams too . . .

Hat, coat etc.

Paul.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Various Accurascale Manor shots. Would you believe that I bumped into Mike @The Stationmaster on their stand.

Did he have the envelope with him?

More importantly, did he still have the envelope when he left their stand? I feel we need to know :D

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, gwrrob said:

Talking of things of beauty and here we have 4133 joining the roster after @toboldlygohas weaved his magic on her. This was in the British Railways livery previously, hence the smokebox door change. Inspired by a Totnes taken photo in 1945 with no GWR insignia.

DSCN8527.JPG.f088c34d6156002d3962ee9a48140b7b.JPGDSCN8528.JPG.92ab245111124f242ba5b9ace912b5cd.JPGDSCN8529.JPG.a0a0830850ac62a728995d12cefcb590.JPGDSCN8530.JPG.ea60387102ebf087eea8ee338cdfa7c8.JPG

Looks really good there Rob.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for those Manor Pics Rob. Fully justifies the pre order for the diverted one for Seaton Junction.  It looks proportionally excellent, especially the BR Chimney version.

You lot must be excited about the Siphon and the Toplights? (Sounds like a 60's band that does).

P

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 18/03/2022 at 17:52, gwrrob said:

I'll be too busy drooling over the Manor and siphon to notice.;) 

Plus the fact that it had already been handed over, and the contents discussed, before you arrived.  So you missed the other part of the deception operation because what I actually handed over was in a white envelope which, in turn, had been hidden inside a brown envelope.  :jester:

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Plus the fact that it had already been handed over, and the contents discussed, before you arrived.  So you missed the other part of the deception operation because what I actually handed over was in a white envelope which, in turn, had been hidden inside a brown envelope.  :jester:

Ever thought about going into the secret service Mike? MI5 would be proud of your subterfuge :sungum::sungum:

When can I ply you with Beer to discuss such secret operations :boast:

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Ever thought about going into the secret service Mike? MI5 would be proud of your subterfuge :sungum::sungum:

When can I ply you with Beer to discuss such secret operations :boast:

In a few months time you'll have an excellent opportunity to ply me with a Root One all-day breakfast ;)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for all of the updates on forthcoming models, looks like an expensive year coming up.

The weathering certainly brings models to life, I have just started to experiment myself with some older models.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

In a few months time you'll have an excellent opportunity to ply me with a Root One all-day breakfast ;)

Root one all day breakfast sounds good…. :sungum:

Hopefully washed down with a drop of local ale

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, brianusa said:

Sorry team, but 'weathering'  doesn't do it for me!:unsure:  Perhaps it's just this example, it does appear overdone a bit!

Brian

But when it’s based on photographic evidence then it’s fine…. Of course we are also talking about post WW2 when things were generally grubby.

For my layout set in the 1930’s generally the locos and stock were a lot cleaner and on that basis I don’t weather the locos.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Cue the fairly well documented story (I think) of the cleaner who was told to have a bash at doing something with this very class of prarie and after 15 minutes work realised it was green, not black as everyone supposed. Was that Reading shed? 

Regards 

Alastair M

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

But when it’s based on photographic evidence then it’s fine…. Of course we are also talking about post WW2 when things were generally grubby.

For my layout set in the 1930’s generally the locos and stock were a lot cleaner and on that basis I don’t weather the locos.

Except for many shunting tank engines which photos indicate were pretty mucky even in the 1930s. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 20/03/2022 at 08:39, The Fatadder said:

That was certainly one of the highlights of the show for me, going to be a stunning model!

Agreed. 

I have several, unbuilt David Geen detailing kits, which will not be used on the ex Lima Body now. I will use them on the Airfix. Just watch someone announce an improved outside frame siphon now. I have packed several years worth of coach kits, so maybe I may leave building any more siphons, just in case.

Ally Pally was my first and last UK show for a few years, so it is good to see, with my own eyes, what is up and coming.

The stand was busy but I do not know if it was Mike or anyone else from RM Web as I have no idea what they look like (nor anyone what I look like to think of it).

Dapol non corridor toplights look good, but I am struggling to justify, at the moment. I know I will give in at some point. I need a train for my large Metro tank.

Mike Wiltshire