A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, 46444 said:

Is that young Robin's?

Didn't 4564 work on the Kingsbridge branch? Or am I mistaken and have eaten too much Blue Vinny? 

Cheers,

Mark 

Nope, not Robin's. Would be a bit big (7mm) to run on Brent...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

It'll look great on that 7mm ex-GWR branch line terminus you're building. All those Panniers running about with their nice Toads. Yum. 

2ManyPanniers has finally seen the light methinks. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

A landmark moment in the building of Pencarrow in my opinion and I look forward to seeing it running . It will be an emotional sight for this old softie.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

A landmark moment in the building of Pencarrow in my opinion and I look forward to seeing it running . It will be an emotional sight for this old softie.

Just remember the accident that the 1366 had on Polsarrett...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m going to be on my best behaviour and shan’t be my usual facetious self on Sunday. In a quiet moment I might be able to ask Simon Kohler a question or two if anyone has anything specific they want me to put to him.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

......In a quiet moment I might be able to ask Simon Kohler a question or two if anyone has anything specific they want me to put to him.

Please can you ask Mr Kohler about the progress on the new GWR 10xx County Class? 😉

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I’m going to be on my best behaviour and shan’t be my usual facetious self on Sunday. In a quiet moment I might be able to ask Simon Kohler a question or two if anyone has anything specific they want me to put to him.

So is this event worth a jaunt down the M40 ?  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, 46444 said:

Please can you ask Mr Kohler about the progress on the new GWR 10xx County Class? 😉

Maybe progress on any new GWR item…. A full brake perhaps…. A new Saint…. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

So is this event worth a jaunt down the M40 ?  

The admission includes entry to the motor museum too so yes if you haven’t been before Ian.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, gwrrob said:

The admission includes entry to the motor museum too so yes if you haven’t been before Ian.

Is there a TR7 or Allagro on display? 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 46444 said:

To be a McEnroe,they do have some seriously good stuff in development …well they did have at MK anyway.I’m assuming Rapido to be the bearer of the urn containing my ashes to be incarcerated with,  an OO  rtr of a County.Hornby can provide my eternity with,appropriately enough,as befits my worth 🤪 a Saint..preferably Cefntilla Court.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Maybe progress on any new GWR item…. A full brake perhaps…. A new Saint…. 

Given up on all this might be stuff. Build my own or do without has been my mantra for a while now. Having done a stock check before being down under, I came to realise, if I never bought another item, ever, I still have too much stock for the layout. 

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Coach bogie said:

Given up on all this might be stuff. Build my own or do without has been my mantra for a while now. Having done a stock check before being down under, I came to realise, if I never bought another item, ever, I still have too much stock for the layout. 

Mike Wiltshire

Given I am enjoying my various carriage builds at the moment, I guess I am now in the same camp.

I was going on about new restaurant carriages for ages…. Now with 2 x Comet rebuilds, I don’t need any more. Next I need to look at some full brakes then!

A Saint loco is outside of my build skills I think though…. But again I have plenty of locos without it.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I would love to know why Hornby haven't produced a modern Saint. How many would they sell compared to let's say an A2/3, the 2-8-2 etc? A massive gaping hole in the range of top GWR locos. Then there's the Bulldog.........

I am a convicted GC modeller these days, but if they made a Saint, I would buy at least one. 

Cheers

Edited by A Murphy
  • Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, A Murphy said:

I would love to know why Hornby haven't produced a modern Saint. How many would they sell compared to let's say an A2/3, the 2-8-2 etc? A massive gaping hole in the range of top GWR locos. Then there's the Bulldog.........

I am a convicted GC modeller these days, but if they made a Saint, I would buy at least one. 

Cheers

I assume they were regulars on the Joint Line, anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, 46444 said:

Is there a TR7 or Allagro on display? 

Ah ,everyone’s best car joke. Rechristened the Andante in its time IIRC.  TR…..the magic letters conjuring up the gleaming sports roadster. I was once the proud owner of a Triumph 6 -cyl Vitesse. This came to a sad end when its front n/s wheel literally disintegrated leaving just the wheel nuts and a piece of jagged metal in place.   The glorious era of metal fatigue and body rot. And we talk of Hornby’s lax approach to QC ?  Nothing new there….as introduced by Longbridge,Dagenham,Cowley etc.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Robin,

If you do happen upon Mr Kohler, please do ask about a 100% new Saint.  It's the biggest gap in the GWR fleet in RTR terms - the early 80s mouldings are prehistoric.    Everything else has been re-done at least once by everyone since the Hornby Saint first hit the shops, so it'd sell for sure, in every livery from early Edwardian to early Diesel.

I would take two without thinking and then perhaps a third.

Thanks.

Edited by M.I.B
spellink
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, M.I.B said:

If you do happen upon Mr Kohler,

Is there any particular reason for the lack of questions from everyone regarding the newly announced TT120.🤣

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5