RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, gwrrob said:

@Gilbert and I think this threads @Oldddudders have made this rather nice cask/barrel load for the 5 plank which fits a treat.

52548305527_9382892ac7_z.jpg.dab86f58abebad32a21efb07662e5463.jpg

If only! I am grateful for your present theme, Robin, as I now have at least a dozen Rapido opens, and some of them need loads. Ideas here are welcome. After all, Halwill Junction didn't even have a coal merchant!

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, gwrrob said:

@Gilbert and I think this threads @Oldddudders have made this rather nice cask/barrel load for the 5 plank which fits a treat.

52548305527_9382892ac7_z.jpg.dab86f58abebad32a21efb07662e5463.jpg

if the barrels are a resin casting you don’t need too close a fit in the wagon, the resin can expand and contract with temperature change quite a lot.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Northroader said:

if the barrels are a resin casting you don’t need too close a fit in the wagon, the resin can expand and contract with temperature change quite a lot.

You can also get metal ones like these. https://skytrex.com/collections/oo-gauge/products/4a-008-medium-wooden-barrels-metal-x10

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

28 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Indeed, over six years ago now I believe and the one where you went to the trouble of lining the cabside numbers.

Oh yes, I was having some fun with my bowpen. I think it turned out okay-ish, but I should have applied more weathering to the bright piping under the cab definitely.

One day I might get my railway room back!

• Friendly/supportive 5

4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Here she is in action.

6022.jpg.6dc2396f5906b1e6001c2e5bac7c3020.jpg

6022a.jpg.e57f192be247d6465f77d65f4f7a912c.jpg

6022.jpgb.jpg.3fc4473cf6c120201a534efd7568cb2e.jpg

You may not be able to have too many Panniers, but then nothing beats the majesty of a King at speed. No wonder the Signal box keeper is looking on.

My present plans preclude anything with a red dot operating any time soon but I keep my King and Castle JIC. "On sait, jamais

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Mallard60022 said:

I have received electronic notification of pending arrival.

P

Manners? 

I couldn't possibly think why you would want a Manoir (even a Manoir aux Quat'Saisons).  I know they was green....

Baffled of Bath

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Manners? 

I couldn't possibly think why you would want a Manoir (even a Manoir aux Quat'Saisons).  I know they was green....

Baffled of Bath

Look, get out of the bath dude! You will become a Prune.

My manners is OK for most company I was told in Court last week.

The Manor, wot I have failed to ignore, is to run on a diverted WR 'thing', due to the frequent failure of that 'secondary route' on very many occasions in 1960 and 1961. 

Any excuse to run shiny Green and Brassy stuff

L.O.L. Ar$£

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

Manners? 

Baffled of Bath

The day we popped in there hoping to get lunch the bloke on the door asked about or reservation - we didn't have one - looked at the lack of a tie round my neck and then duly directed us to another place a few miles down the road.

Despite his rather frosty look he'd actually done us a good turn and we;ve been back here (see below)  on numerous occasions since theneven if it's only been to visit their farm shop (where you can also see what is being bred and nourished to provide your future pork chops or leg of lamb)    -

https://crazybeargroup.co.uk/stadhampton/

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I delivered wine (fine) there on a number of occasions when I worked for Great Western Wine.  Of course they tidied me up a bit before each delivery but it didn't really matter as the sommelier was an ok down to earth sort of chap, unlike some I encountered on my rounds.

• Like 2