A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Yet another bland shopping centre.  I don't know what  old buildings are left but some ingenuity could be applied to integrate  a similarly themed shopping area.  Its been done before quite well and no reason it couldn't be done here if someone cared enough.

Brian.

To think that it's supposed to be an Aldi store as well, that's just the pits.

W.A.Itroseshopper

Dear Mr Itrosehopper,

Our nearest stores to ANTB are situated at Torquay (17.1 miles) at Plymouth (20.8 miles) and Teignmouth (24.0 miles).

Pleased to be of service

The Waitrose Team

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

People of Newton Abbot here's what you could have won:

attachicon.gifAldi-store-22.jpg

I hope the signal gantry survives with all arms intact

If that strange American looking object is the signal gantry they're proposing I sincerely hope it doesn't survive.  Only goes to show the lack of research by the architects and their total lack of interest in developing a quality built environment  - I wouldn't let that lot loose 'designing' a garden shed.

• RMweb Gold

Just for completeness today I received the outstanding birdcage composite.

post-126-0-45903200-1518103138_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-47265200-1518103154_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-30273800-1518103174_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-24301400-1518103187_thumb.jpg

I'm going to try and get a decent close up as the livery application is exquisite.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

If that strange American looking object is the signal gantry they're proposing I sincerely hope it doesn't survive.  Only goes to show the lack of research by the architects and their total lack of interest in developing a quality built environment  - I wouldn't let that lot loose 'designing' a garden shed.

No doubt they wear Stetsons and Spurs at the week-end.  :jester:

C.O.W.Boys

• RMweb Gold

Beautiful.

If you'd kit built and painted those to that standard you'd be incredibly skilled.

A professional painter would probably charge around £300 to do that livery.

• RMweb Premium

Beautiful.

If you'd kit built and painted those to that standard you'd be incredibly skilled.

Oh and the bit people forget, if you'd paid for the kit and for it to be painted it would cost you a good deal more than £100.

A professional painter would probably charge around £300 to do that livery.

Snap.

• RMweb Premium

Oh and the bit people forget, if you'd paid for the kit and for it to be painted it would cost you a good deal more than £100.

Snap.

I'd have charged around £200 just for soldering the thing,unless it was a Roxey kit then it would be £400 :O  :mail:

C.H.Allange

Snap.

That's what I would probably have done with the kit - snapped it!

H.A.M. Fisted

I was rather hoping that this splendid gantry, which is already in situ very near to the entrance to the proposed supermarket, would be retained intact:

post-9751-0-08813800-1518115477.jpg

Come to think of it, if Aldi are as parsimonious with parking spaces as they usually are, the gantry could be re-purposed to signal available parking spaces as it has plenty of arms.

• RMweb Gold

Oddly enough, someone once contacted me, in a work capacity, a few years ago, enquiring as to whether NR had anything to do with the signal gantry. Unfortunately I had to advise that it was no longer our responsibility. I believe the lady was concerned about the condition it was getting into.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dear Mr Itrosehopper,

Our nearest stores to ANTB are situated at Torquay (17.1 miles) at Plymouth (20.8 miles) and Teignmouth (24.0 miles).

Pleased to be of service

The Waitrose Team

Yes, and I was completely underwhelmed by the choice of items in the Teignmouth branch a year or so back, when calling by to pick up something that CTMK had asked me to get.

Yours etc.

T.E. Scoloyalist.

• Like 1