A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob ditto with the renumbering not sure weather to replace the Great Western like for like on the tank sides as it seems a bit naff, or the roundel I'm searching at the moment to see if it ever carried them. 

81C

7200 was lettered 'Great Western' on the side tanks on conversion and in its early years so it really depends when it was shopped and what amount of work was done on it but I doubt it would ever have acquired the roundel (which should at least encourage someone to produce a pic to prove me wrong  :O )

If you replace the lettering, you could put it in the correct position. For some reason, Hornby have yet to work out that the GWR avoided lettering over vertical rivet lines on tank and tender sides wherever possible :nono:

Nick

• RMweb Gold

Ahmm, I hate to mention this - but where's the side lamps on the brake van?

I know Mike.Are they the same as the one on the rear in being red bullseye in white case.Facing me.

• RMweb Premium

I know Mike.Are they the same as the one on the rear in being red bullseye in white case.Facing me.

Sadly no Robin! 

Black lamps, red to rear, white to front.

Regards,

• RMweb Premium

Rob, somehow I acquired 'Operation Cornwall' as mentioned elsewhere and it has some interesting info on train formations. However it does not identify the individual Diagrams of vehicles I'm afraid (re. our LMS coaches chat earlier).

P

• RMweb Gold

Rob, somehow I acquired 'Operation Cornwall' as mentioned elsewhere and it has some interesting info on train formations. However it does not identify the individual Diagrams of vehicles I'm afraid (re. our LMS coaches chat earlier).

P

Thats a shame.So we're in the dark my friend.What info have you gleaned from it relevant to Brent post war.

post-126-0-95137000-1369503921_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-33693700-1369503933_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-85148400-1369503944_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

The private owner wagons are a mixture of both kit built and rtr.Some have three links and most are weathered and have coal loads.

post-126-0-19790400-1369515727_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-51849400-1369515736_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-25893300-1369515745_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-99575000-1369515754_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Thats a shame.So we're in the dark my friend.What info have you gleaned from it relevant to Brent post war.

Robin I'll try to remember to bring the March 1947 through coach working with me tomorrow so you can see what it looks like and how difficult it can be to identify vehicle types from it.  And I can watch to see if you buy any sidelamps ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Robin I'll try to remember to bring the March 1947 through coach working with me tomorrow so you can see what it looks like and how difficult it can be to identify vehicle types from it.  And I can watch to see if you buy any sidelamps ;)

Thanks very much Mike and yes you did watch while I bought some lamps from the Rural Railways stand for anyone else who wants some.Something regal coming later by the way after I've recovered from the Railex show ...

• RMweb Gold

.....................................after I've recovered from the Railex show ...

You didn't go back to the Lionheart stand did you? :D

• RMweb Gold

Anyway whilst at Railex ,a great show,I picked up this kit built beauty which is on loan from Mallard60022 of this parish.Very nice even with its double chimney.An apology here for a blatant anachronism of BR 1955 and Great Western coaches but I couldn't resist putting them together.Mk1s tomorrow perhaps.Thanks Phil.Nice to share some time with Mike [stationmaster] and meet some of the members like 46444,Captain Kernow and Chris F who contribute to this thread.

Anyway its King class 6015 'King Richard Third' on the 730 train Wolverhampton to Penzance.More to come from this Wills beauty...

post-126-0-63257400-1369586838_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-58807900-1369586851_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-20230900-1369586863_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-20623000-1369586875_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

We had a long chat with Richard Webster but it was mainly about the 64XX and Rob and I saying how poor we are and how committed we are to 4mm - I think.

He can be very persuasive that Mr Webster ;). Thankfully I resisted owing to my continuing support of 4mm as well! :D

Well that's what I convinced myself! :D

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thats one hefty lump of coal in the tender Rob nice model though, I've a Richard III it was one of the faster ones, see her belt through Greenford at speed once the old lads nick named it "Poo" don't know why!.

81C

Richard the Third , lose the h and i , replace with u .      :sungum: 

• RMweb Premium

He can be very persuasive that Mr Webster ;). Thankfully I resisted owing to my continuing support of 4mm as well! :D

Well that's what I convinced myself! :D

The dark side calls Rob, resistance is futile...