A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob, well I've become so used to leaning back and "watching the trains go by" on your thread. Almost like being there!

Those shed scenes are really nice, I like how the locos have been positioned in the way we often see them in prototype photos. 

You may laugh at this, but....any chance of a close-up shot of the scarecrow? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You may laugh at this, but....any chance of a close-up shot of the scarecrow? 

No problem my friend except everytime I try to take his photo for some reason he sings 'We're off to see the wizard...' I don't think he has a brain. :jester:

Photos now added but not brilliant I'm afraid.They're a Monty's figure from Dart Castings.

ps I've just asked him what he does if a bird craps on his head. His reply was 'I don't take her out again !' :jester:

post-126-0-37190500-1368553989_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-39445400-1368554100_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the scarecrow, Robin (Odd sentence!). I just wanted a closer look. It looks good, usual quality from Montys.

That second photo of the disappearing train above is just brilliant!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Robin, looking at that tail photo - is the layout portable or permanent? - Looks like a baseboard join ....

Back on topic, what model is the Full Brake?

Thanks as ever for sharing.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robin, looking at that tail photo - is the layout portable or permanent? - Looks like a baseboard join ....

Back on topic, what model is the Full Brake?

Thanks as ever for sharing.

It struck me as very permanent on the occasion I attempted to manoeuvre my arthritic knee through the duck-under ;)

• RMweb Gold

It struck me as very permanent on the occasion I attempted to manoeuvre my arthritic knee through the duck-under ;)

Quite right Mike but it wasn't planned to be that way as originally I was going to have a removeable section to make access easier.The boards were laid and the track joins were soldered onto copperclad strips.I never cut them as in the end I didn't mind the hop under.Being a youngster and the right side of 50 I thought it would be ok until I had 'elderly' visitors that is. ;)

• RMweb Gold

It an overcast day in the South Hams as small prairie 4575 class 5525 comes along with a short train of vans heading for Hackney Yard sidings.

post-126-0-43973000-1368637960_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-38862900-1368637983_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-19044300-1368638004_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-17518600-1368638030_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 11

Have you any plans to model a short rake of LMS coaches to represent the Manchester/Liverpool services or something stolen for a quick trip up the Kingsbridge Branch?

I suspect that, if they are on the "to do" list at all, they would be a looooooooooong way down the list?

I have read somewhere that a diet based on chocolate and cream can be bad for you, although I have to concede that you are getting plenty of "greens"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Eventually yes but I have a shortage of GWR coaches first and foremost so they take priority.Having said that are the correct LMS coaches available rtr for my needs ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A few more of 5525 and a poor quality photo that shews my Comet K42 side on.This was one of the first brass kits I'd ever attempted.

post-126-0-59640300-1368642047_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-52239300-1368642067_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-57675400-1368642144_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-25638800-1368642157_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-99551200-1368642498_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Hi Robin, I do like the open aspect at this end of the layout... particularly the cottage below the embankment.

K42 looks great!

Edited by Neal Ball

• RMweb Premium

Eventually yes but I have a shortage of GWR coaches first and foremost so they take priority.Having said that are the correct LMS coaches available rtr for my needs ?

Having looked at some pics yes I think some are, however that's not very detailed advice is it?

There will be a whole host of folk on here that will be able to provide stock details for the 'famous' Plymouth Manchester/Liverpool and other long distance trains (was there a Birkenhead?) at times relevant to your layout. There used to be an overnight Plymouth Newcastle (took about 12 hours I seem to remember) that was mostly a mail train, but I only ever saw that with Mk1s. I wonder if that ran in GWR days? (We need Chris F to chip in)

P

Edited by Mallard60022