Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

At board joints the rail is held in place by being soldered to brass rod embedded in the board ends. Here we see cosmetic chairs being added to hide the brass rod where a turnout straddles the board joint.

post-6675-0-01356900-1511091076_thumb.jpg

Board joint location shown by the razor saw...

post-6675-0-16563600-1511091124_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Chris,

The layouts coming on a treat, and that's one of the benefits of building your own track you can put in a checkrail in where ever it's needed. I mean we all have some troublesome wagons not just Thomas..... : )

Martyn.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris,

The layouts coming on a treat, and that's one of the benefits of building your own track you can put in a checkrail in where ever it's needed. I mean we all have some troublesome wagons not just Thomas..... : )

Martyn.

Thanks Martyn.

Decided to have a little tidy up and see what it looks like with the building mock-ups back on now I've moved the rear siding.

post-6675-0-02702600-1511114998_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-20396200-1511115010_thumb.jpg

It's really nice just listening to the Pannier simmering away and going through its sound cycle - blower, injector, coal etc. Not at all annoying unlike the AC Railbus ticking over...

• Like 11

Thanks Martyn.

Decided to have a little tidy up and see what it looks like with the building mock-ups back on now I've moved the rear siding.

attachicon.gifrps20171119_180825.jpg

attachicon.gifrps20171119_180838.jpg

It's really nice just listening to the Pannier simmering away and going through its sound cycle - blower, injector, coal etc. Not at all annoying unlike the AC Railbus ticking over...

The Pannier certainly brings it to life, and the sound project is superb.

The whole layout is looking great, I love your attention to detail and the clever way of holding the rail at board joints with brass rod.

How's the grain store coming on, have you finished it?

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman

• RMweb Premium

OK, so I couldn't resist digging out the DCC control unit and bodging up a connection to the rear siding. Here's a few more videos of the Pannier with me playing with the sounds...

Just flicked through the dozens of channels including the freeview offering and the pannier is better viewing

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Thats what I like to see a man who cannot wait to run a loco. Listening to that I realised it has been some time since I heard a steam train. Normally I hear the WSR several times a day but I don't think anything much has run since half term. I saw today they are relaying or at least reballasting the track through Watchet station so nothing much could run here.

Don

• Like 1

• 1 month later...