• RMweb Gold

Greetings all, just a quick note to say that i worked from home on Tuesday afternoon and saw a single Arbel set head south from Crewe behind a class 92.

Best, Nik.

Unless things have changed these wagons used to be maintained at Allerton depot in Liverpool, so it may have been a recently serviced set being returned for duty.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Aaaaand it's thread resurrection time!

Ordered a set of these from EPs web shop as the price is terrific, far undercutting Shapeways since their price hikes on WSF a while ago.

Happened to see a significant rake (not sure how many, the traffic lights changed, but at least 6 sets) behind an EWS 66 at Winchester last week, they had badly applied "DB Schenker" logos in white rectangles on them. Wish I'd got a picture as I can't find any online of them in that guise. Must get around to badly building mine!

• RMweb Premium

That's my issue! I've now got 3 sets to build, but already got more stock than fits on the layout. That, and a 6 week old baby meaning time spent playing is limited.

Apparently a paint fume filled garage isn't an appropriate environment for him!

I do like the ingenious construction though, I was presuming they'd need some additional weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived