GWRPhil

• RMweb Premium

My todo list never ends!! just like yours Phil :no:

Yeah its a bit like the layout. It's never finished. I just hope my track layout mods are finished now. Porthcressa as it now is is the fourth major version of the layout that I started on the boards in current use.

• Like 1

Yeah its a bit like the layout. It's never finished. I just hope my track layout mods are finished now. Porthcressa as it now is is the fourth major version of the layout that I started on the boards in current use.

Lol, at least you've got track laid on your boards ;)

• RMweb Premium

up at peterborough model railway show this weekend relly enjoying it so far. met biffo this weekend. really nice chap.bought a class 57 sound chip off of him and a big base reflex speaker to put in my fgw 57. looking forward to getting them in the loco and running it for first time with sound. have got inspiration here for some new ideas for porthcressa. must remember to get tosee the Ten Commandments guys today as i need more station platform planters

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Have spent the evening fitting a Legomanbiffo sound chip to my Fgw 57. Sounds great. Looking forward to giving it a real good run up. Must weather it soon so that it looks prototypical. Then just gotta source some no 3 sleepers. To repaint into Fgw dynamic lines so I can replicate the night riviera service.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Here are a few pics of today's progress in the permanent part of my fiddle yard. The board is only 2ft by a ft but will have no less than 7 sets of points on by the time it's finished.

post-17016-0-35443200-1382905419_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-20997400-1382905437_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-09861500-1382905456_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-21071700-1382905481_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hoping to get the track fixed down this weekend and get on with some of the power system reconstruction. Should get to it Sunday. Saturday I'm off to Wycrail with the wonderful Warren Lane exhibition layout. Give some of my locos a run. Busy month November won't have much time for modelling.

• RMweb Premium

Hoping to get the track fixed down this weekend and get on with some of the power system reconstruction. Should get to it Sunday. Saturday I'm off to Wycrail with the wonderful Warren Lane exhibition layout. Give some of my locos a run. Busy month November won't have much time for modelling.

the best laid plans of modellers and men......

sunday didnt quite turn out as i had planned steph (long suffering wife) wanted to go out. so we ended up doing al those practical things i probably should have been thinking about anyway (according to her) rather than me concentrate on the layout. so instead of re-wiring sunday consisted of shopping at sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) followed by cleaning of the hallway carpet by hand and then by bissell as my nearly three year old toddler thought it would be a great idea to open and pour a bottle of fairy liquid over our beige hallway carpet.

some advice i now know and so will pass on - fairy liquid is a sod to get out of a carpet and the kinda quantity involved makes for an awful lot of bubbles.

ah well back to the more important things of modelling. having been to wycrail on saturday as part of the warren lane crew (winning best in show) and the disaster of sundays carpet incident modelling has had to take a back burner this week. also with the nights drawing in so early it mean that modelling, well electrics under the layout, becomes more of a challenge due to the lighting in my railway room.

still i mean to find some time even if it is at first light in the morning before work. will probably not end up with much progress on the layout due to commitments of work and exhibitions (warley and portsmouth) so there probably wont be much progress and so many updates on the feed for a few weeks. i will make sure i get time to video the fgw 57 i mentioned a few posts back so that i can post it on here as i said i'd try to do. hopefully december will provide more time for modelling (no exhibitions), if nothing else theres two guarenteed free days at the end of december and as there are no relatives coming over i may get the chance to do some modelling on xmas day - now that would be a good xmas present from my wife.

heres is a recent pic of my weathered 70

well there would be if the image upload fault had been fixed. will resize picture later on and repost

• Like 1

the best laid plans of modellers and men......

sunday didnt quite turn out as i had planned steph (long suffering wife) wanted to go out. so we ended up doing al those practical things i probably should have been thinking about anyway (according to her) rather than me concentrate on the layout. so instead of re-wiring sunday consisted of shopping at sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) followed by cleaning of the hallway carpet by hand and then by bissell as my nearly three year old toddler thought it would be a great idea to open and pour a bottle of fairy liquid over our beige hallway carpet.

some advice i now know and so will pass on - fairy liquid is a sod to get out of a carpet and the kinda quantity involved makes for an awful lot of bubbles.

ah well back to the more important things of modelling. having been to wycrail on saturday as part of the warren lane crew (winning best in show) and the disaster of sundays carpet incident modelling has had to take a back burner this week. also with the nights drawing in so early it mean that modelling, well electrics under the layout, becomes more of a challenge due to the lighting in my railway room.

still i mean to find some time even if it is at first light in the morning before work. will probably not end up with much progress on the layout due to commitments of work and exhibitions (warley and portsmouth) so there probably wont be much progress and so many updates on the feed for a few weeks. i will make sure i get time to video the fgw 57 i mentioned a few posts back so that i can post it on here as i said i'd try to do. hopefully december will provide more time for modelling (no exhibitions), if nothing else theres two guarenteed free days at the end of december and as there are no relatives coming over i may get the chance to do some modelling on xmas day - now that would be a good xmas present from my wife.

heres is a recent pic of my weathered 70

well there would be if the image upload fault had been fixed. will resize picture later on and repost

Looking forward to this picture now Phil :locomotive:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Network rail shed or colas?

network rail shed.

since this picture was taken dan has added all necessary warning flashes etc and has numbered the loco. as it is not known yet what class network rail might put there 66's in i have had to go with a bit of artistic license so after chatting to some friends about what they thought i have decided to model it as if network rail will have put them into tops class 96. so it'll be numbered 96602. dan is going to weather it for me to so as soon as i have more pictures i'll post them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And here are the post weather pics. Another really brilliant weather by my good mate dan of dans dirty dieselS. Once I get the body I'm fitting it to an existing chassis I have which has already been weathered by dan. I'll then post some pictures if the complete loco.

post-17016-0-22518300-1384898014_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-66475600-1384898034_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-10165100-1384898128_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Looking.....interesting!

Those pictures remind me though: Ask/remind Dan About the DB Schenker transfers he wanted. And the back ground of the second picture above, is he after some RES transfers too or is he going to paint the logo on?

I shall try and remember to remind you to ask/remind dan about transfers at Portsmouth. With regards to res I'm not sure he hasn't said anything to me about it.