GWRPhil

• RMweb Premium

Now that's my level of convoluted :)

How's the layout itself coming on?

In terms of where my brain goes some times that's simple compared to some statements I come out with some times. Lol

On the subject of the layout not a whole heap really. Have had to spend time since wycrail redoing bathroom once that's done its onto the kitchen so not had/having a lot of time.

Once I get a bit of time it's rewiring time and the final fiddle yard construction time. I hoping that Christmas Day I'll be able to have a running session.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dairy milk, flowers, and a voucher for a 'pamper day'. She'll never know what you got up to while she was out relaxing.....

Trouble is with that much bribery she'll know what I've been up to. Several new locos and four or five sound chips

• RMweb Premium

Theres talk of Network rail buying up some of the DB class 60s which are forsale :sungum:

Be interesting if they do!! and paint them network rail yellow :scratchhead:

Now that's really putting ideas in my head I feel yet another loco repaint coming on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Its hard to trying to picture 60 in bright yellow colours though?? :scratchhead:

this is true it would be one of the more bright liveries the class has worn. it'll be cool to see. only thing is i dont have 60 i can repaint currently and wife has now put her foot down and said no more loco purchasing before i complete kitchen

this is true it would be one of the more bright liveries the class has worn. it'll be cool to see. only thing is i dont have 60 i can repaint currently and wife has now put her foot down and said no more loco purchasing before i complete kitchen

My wife doesnt mind what locos i buy :no:  must be lucky realy... :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

My wife doesnt mind what locos i buy :no:  must be lucky realy... :locomotive:

My wife is normally much more amenable when it comes to loco purchasing. I think she just wants me to get on and finish redoing the kitchen. It'll be a very effective ultimatum for her to get the kitchen done. Lol. She's a wonderful woman, she just wants a finished kitchen. I've been doing it over weekends in my spare time so it's taken a little while. No locos will help speed the progress

• RMweb Premium

It a good little size will easily fit my 08 may even fit a larger gwr pannier tank. Just got to ballast up to the front of the shed and put in the retaining wall behind the track up to the shed then that section will be finished.

• RMweb Premium

This week I'm going to start working on a pond next to the house to the right in the last picture. To the very right if the pic you can just see what is now a gap in the baseboard. This will be under covered by 9mm mdf so that I can create a sunken pond

• RMweb Premium

For the future. When I get time and money and the necessary skills I want to try and create the gwr pacific 'cathedral class'

This is a photo of a version created by nick parsons as featured in the November 2008 railway modeller

post-17016-0-97530500-1386528229_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Done realy good job with that corner part Phill :paint: makes big differance... :locomotive:

It's getting there. Gotta put in the back garden next for both houses. Gonna start with lawn then will add vegetable plot and chicken house.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

here are some more pics of the corner im working on. today was the start of the landscape gardening of the area. it involved grass laying. my method for doing that is to put down a layer of pva glue and then cover it with fine scatter which is a mix of c6 and c8 in equal parts from "The Model Tree Shop" and then remove excess once dry.

here are a few shots. i'm going to be doiung more over the weekend and when i get chance ill post some more pictures

post-17016-0-73377300-1386976546_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-67962600-1386976617_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-62846700-1386976655_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

For the future. When I get time and money and the necessary skills I want to try and create the gwr pacific 'cathedral class'

This is a photo of a version created by nick parsons as featured in the November 2008 railway modeller

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Reminds me of a Stanier "Princess Coronation" class 4-6-2. Hang on though, where was Stanier before he joined the LMS?

• RMweb Premium

Stammer was at the gwr before being head hunted by the lms. The cathedral class was one of the last designs he started on under gwr but it was newer made. It appears his ideas for the cathedral class heavily influenced his design thought processes for the lms princess coronation class.