GWRPhil

headf and tail motive power brings problems of its own in that two locos never truely double head and also can create other problems.

in terms of my curves. major corners are third and fourth radius settrack but most of my points due to space considerations are settrack points and so second radius. also i have many crossovers in terms of upline to down etc which due to light nature of the rhtt wagons has lead to some practise issues on Porthcressa-on-Sea.

in relation to Warren Lane. The rhtt needs to works as flawlessly as possible on the exhibition circuit. so to ensure this i will run it in both situations Porthcressa and Warren Lane in the cmx right behind the loco configuration.

in terms of running top and tail thats something i need to work on and see if i can improve on matching the performance of my two chosen locos. both Bachmann 66 colas but repaints from different models which i know run at slightly different rates.

my preference for now will be a single headed configuration of doubleheaded as though one of the locos has failed and the other has run around to complete the rhtt circuit.

Hi Phil,i to have had few problems with my 97s on top n tail,ive found best result is to alter the cv speed setting,or match them for both locos... :no:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil,i to have had few problems with my 97s on top n tail,ive found best result is to alter the cv speed setting,or match them for both locos... :no:

i'll have a go when i get some spare time see what i can achieve. thanks for the help.

i agree with your comments about the new Bachmann chips. i bought one thinking great theyre back in stock (the chip range not tht particular one) then received it. even with a single loco i dont think they run the loco as well as the previous one did. new ones are by soundtraxx the old ones were esu chips. im gonna be sticking with esu chips. the lokpilot basic which is what the old Bachmann 21 pin chip was is still available if a little intermittantly from esu suppliers both here in uk and abroad (more regular supply in europe) of if that fails i'll just bite the bullett and buy lokpilot v4 chips. more expensive but i'd much rather have a chip i'll know will perform well. also someone i know who has bought more than one of these new chips has found that whereas with the esu based Bachmann one they could take a bit of punishment and would still keep going maybe with the odd failure these new ones are much more sensitive and the chips blow an awful lot more easily.

• RMweb Premium

Its not the camera it's something to do with the iPhone when you take picture with it 'upside down' on the phone itself its orientation sensor turn it the right way up. Rmweb just seems to invert it again when you upload it.

Its not the camera it's something to do with the iPhone when you take picture with it 'upside down' on the phone itself its orientation sensor turn it the right way up. Rmweb just seems to invert it again when you upload it.

So you were holding the camera phone the wrong way up and hoping technology would correct it for you?......Try holding the camera the other way up :rofl:

I remember when phones used to be for phone calls and i couldn't talk to people on my camera.....damn i sound old!

Any more layout progress? Try taking 2 picture of your layout with your phone, one with the iphone one way up, then another with it the other way up and see what happens when you upload them to here.

• RMweb Premium

If I get it right would look like mirror under layout. Cool idea.

Since last photos no unfortunately. I'm waiting on Hattons delivery so I can replicate kennaway tunnel entrance as scenic break and waiting till shenfield to get some more ballast for the extension.

I've installed the rest of the head shunt siding that'll house the stations shunter and its shed. But other than that not much.

It's been busy work week and the spare time I've got this weekend (tomorrow am) is going to re coupling the cmx ready for shenfield and final testing locos and stock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

had a great afternoon today. spent the afternoon with my great friend michael. together we managed to get my two Bachmann colass 66s speedmatched by tinkering with the cvs so they doublehead perfectly now for use on rhtt duties. also he had a spare kadee coupling of the right type so that the coupling on the cmx is now exactly the right height for the coupling on the colas 66. which meaqns they pair tows the cmx rhtt set perfectly. all ready in time for there first run on warren lane.

once all the work is done on porthcressa they can get a run on it too. also spent this morning checking couplings on locos and wagons and sorting some problems

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

here's some progress on the scenic break on my layout. i have started to install the tunnel entrance that will as close as i'm able replicate the entrance to kennaway tunnel.

first off i marked up where the footprint of the tunnel entrance would go. i then sawed some 2x1 to an appropriate height and screwed it the the baseboard just behind the tunnel entrance footprint.

post-17016-0-34805300-1379441979_thumb.jpg

i then test fit the tunnel entrance

post-17016-0-45177300-1379442164_thumb.jpg

next i then cut flexible wills brick plasticard to make the tunnel brick lining and stuck it to the tunnel entrance using bostik universal glue. to enabl it to stick to the curve i used some g clamps ive got as shown in below pictures

post-17016-0-79312400-1379442226_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-55676700-1379442249_thumb.jpg

finally again using the bostik glue i attached the tunnel entrance construction to the baseboard and support 2x1 and held in place with the g clamps to allow it to stick together.

post-17016-0-04932600-1379442346_thumb.jpg

tomorrow or when i next get time ive got to cut the secondary tunnel arch and fix that in the same way. as soon as i get chance i'll upload some pictures

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Getting there bud, should look good when it's done. Nice use of ready-to-plonk tunnel mouths to create it.

i figured it would make the process easier and quicker. whilst not flexible in terms of making more accurate to prototype it has made the whole process so much easier and more satisfying. im happy with the look ive got

i figured it would make the process easier and quicker. whilst not flexible in terms of making more accurate to prototype it has made the whole process so much easier and more satisfying. im happy with the look ive got

If you're not trying to model the actual prototype location, then it doesn't have to be 100% prototypically accurate ;)

• RMweb Premium

If you're not trying to model the actual prototype location, then it doesn't have to be 100% prototypically accurate ;)

i wanted to get the general look but getting it 100% was never on the plan as if nothing else ive had to have the tunnel bore square on where the prototype base is at an angle.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

tonight have managed to fit the sife wall coming away from the 'blocked' tunnel arch. down towards where the headshunt and engine shed will be. will take some pics on sunday to put here. it was way to dark tonight once done to take any kinda decent shot.

• RMweb Premium

The new tunnel looks good Phil... :paint:

have made some additions since those pics yesterday. have been at shenfield exhibition today with warren lane crew. i will take some more pictures tomorrow. i will take pics of it in its current state and also once i've weathered it if i get chance tomorrow.