RMweb

Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

yeah i noticed the new link road the other week while we were looking at a caravan in morecambe, it should bring a lot of relief to the road through lancaster (the old trackbed one) when it opens, causing chaos at the white lund end at the moment though!

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, I guess the kiss of death was putting a new DBs sign on it.

Sad to see, as I always had a look at the locos there whilst going up the M6

I hope that was as a passenger and not a driver.

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. passed there at 1750 tonight and tried not to look at a couple of 08's near the former shed........

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

then this came on to the wheel lathe

DSCF8716.jpg

Thanks for considering me Jim!

TBH, the pic of 37402 with PLPRV 1256 is the winner for me - I wasn't certain if it had lost a toilet window on one side (at the far end) - your pic confirms it - Ta!

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

Evening Jim, great thread this, any idea what 47 727 is up to running from donny to neville hill via poppleton and harrogate? saw a path on monday bt missed it just saw it coasting through pannal whilst waiting for my train home a minute ago!

cheers

james

• RMweb Premium
newbryford, on 28 Nov 2014 - 23:44, said:

One of my RVEL moles told me it's due to go into the works soon.

Cheers,

Mick

Who's bought it, Mick? Any idea?

670's claim to fame was ofcourse its use on the very final booked Burngullow to Irvine silver bullets in 95, nearly 20 years ago!!!! :O

Where the hell does the time go!

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure 670 was bought by DRS a good while ago (many months) now from EMR Kingsbury. Been over at Derby awaiting its turn for overhaul.

Edited by Andy7

• RMweb Premium

There have been a pair of Colas 47's sitting at Doncaster for nigh on a week now doing nothing - just south of the station.

Hasn't one of them been doing Doncaster-Preston route learning for when Colas take over the Lindsey-Preston bitumen traffic soon?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Hasn't one of them been doing Doncaster-Preston route learning for when Colas take over the Lindsey-Preston bitumen traffic soon?

Cheers,

Mick

47727 has been doing the honours this week, although it didn't run today.

Seen earlier this week on 2nd December at Ravensthorpe approaching Thornhill LNW Junction working 0Z94, 10:00 Doncaster - Preston.

• Like 10

Isn't that an emergency coupling on the front of 08899? What happened to the original?

Removed so a drop buckeye can be fitted to move hst vehicles. Although it isn't fitted at the moment.

Unlike our one...

http://rickinghamphotography.co.uk/site/images/phocagallery/other/rail/2014/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_img_7711.jpg

Edited by modfather

• RMweb Gold

a few from last night, camera phone pics this time, all the good pics are on the proper camera that i'll upload when i get home tomorrow

waiting to leave gavray drive in bicester

E40ECDAC-2E7D-4C70-8A59-F5E762288FA8.jpg

changing ends in princes risborough at 02:00

E4D5B019-228B-4177-8FB8-913E2496D52F_1.j

CAE145E4-FCEF-4DF6-97A5-F7B7E1F5B1EB.jpg

bicester north, stopped to drop my trainee off before carrying on to bescot via coventry and stetchford

49057E2B-B688-42D4-B400-53E2002477EE.jpg

it was such a clear night last night that i managed to get a few pictures at claydon jn which is normally pitch black so i'm pleased about that, also managed a few pics from a new footbridge that stradles the new chord at bicester, not open to the public yet but once it does it will open up some good photo opportunities for stuff going along the chiltern line and onto the chord

one more train to do tonight from bicester to bescot then onto the coal for a couple of days

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

a few from last night, camera phone pics this time, all the good pics are on the proper camera that i'll upload when i get home tomorrow

waiting to leave gavray drive in bicester

E40ECDAC-2E7D-4C70-8A59-F5E762288FA8.jpg

Another model picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Another model picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cheers,

Mick

Ive got a better one than that on the proper camera!!

High up vantage point and zoomed in, almost like looking down on a layout, i'll upload it tomorrow

• RMweb Gold

One from tonight, 1/2 hour early at coventry so time to stretch my legs, then when he finally let me into the station i ended up following a late running stopper between there and stetchford, had i got in front of him he wouldnt have caught me up, lost 9 mins because of it!!

EF656EFC-B559-414B-AC7E-2410986F8826.jpg

I dont often get all excited by 'thrash' but tonight the 70 sounded amazing pulling out of aylesbury towards risborough, it only had 400 ton behind it so when i opened it up it absolutly flew up the bank and the exhaust note bouncing off the houses and the traction motor whine sounded superb!

• Like 19