RMweb

Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

Jim in the secondman's seat on 6J37 Carlisle-Chirk today - taken from outside my back door..

attachicon.gifJiim.jpg

A nice sunny day over the S&C......

Cheers,

Mick

Isn't it funny how you build up a mental picture of someone then when you meet them or see a picture of them they're nothing like you imagined them to be.

• RMweb Gold

just a few pics from the last few days, not really been in a position to get pics!

sunday i travelled from wigton back south

156 entering the station

DSCF9761.jpg

voyager in carlisle

DSCF9763.jpg

then this snuck in behind a pendolino as i waited for my train, if i knew it was coming i'd have gone to the platform end for a few more pics!

DSCF9762.jpg

and one from today, in canton for my rules

DSCF9764.jpg

tomorrow night is assessing a driver over the eastern side of the country which i'm looking forward to, a nice ride on a 60 between immingham and preston 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

just 3 from last night, had to assess someone so met up with him on the immingham to preston tanks

a long night, the road trip to immingham took me the best part of 3 1/2 hours, even at 21:00, road to the A500 shut, A50 shut, M1 2 long traffic jams, then the sat nav sent me to the wrong gate, got there in time though!!

60021 in immingham

DSCF9769.jpg

DSCF9768.jpg

and on arrival in wakefield where we got relief, and then had to drive back to barnetby for my van!

DSCF9778.jpg

now i'm off to bed!

• Like 16

Popped into Sawyers Models in Earlestown today and who should be in there but Jim, chewing the fat with Andy, the owner.

He was killing time before going to Warrington to collect the log train & take it to Chirk.
Had a chat about model railways and real railways with him. Nice bloke. :-)

Good to meet you Jim.

Pete

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You've overdone the airbrushed weathering on that 66!

Had 20 mins while they were unloading the train at chirk so managed to clean one side of it with a yard brush and 'fireman sam' type hydrant hose, that was great fun!!

EA00705F-66EB-485C-9342-86FD06C3BBAE.jpg

It wouldnt reach round the other side so thats still filthy, i wonder if the driver on it monday will do it for me (the loco changes direction with every trip!)

Popped into Sawyers Models in Earlestown today and who should be in there but Jim, chewing the fat with Andy, the owner.

He was killing time before going to Warrington to collect the log train & take it to Chirk.

Had a chat about model railways and real railways with him. Nice bloke. :-)

Good to meet you Jim.

Pete

Yeah, good to speak to you earlier, i may make sawyer models a regular stop if im running early, nice shop and very competitive prices Edited by big jim
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Had 20 mins while they were unloading the train at chirk so managed to clean one side of it with a yard brush and 'fireman sam' type hydrant hose, that was great fun!!

EA00705F-66EB-485C-9342-86FD06C3BBAE.jpg

It wouldnt reach round the other side so thats still filthy, i wonder if the driver on it monday will do it for me (the loco changes direction with every trip!)

Prototype for clean one side/weathered the other then...............

Thats soem 'carwash' :sungum:

How are you going to do the ends??

Is that the deluxe wash or the standard wash?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cracking shots as ever Jim. Those telephoto shots really do emphasise how much the track gets kicked around in point work. Anything other than the main running lines is really up hill and down dale and complete with kinks. I'm not going to spend so much time smoothing out my trackwork anymore!

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

only a couple from today, water eaton again, this time with a pair of 70s which once the train on the left cleared out of the way i worked to hinksey where i detached the lead loco onto the rear of another train and continued on to bescot with the single loco and 10 ballasters

DSCF9814.jpg

crack of dawn pic in the current dead end line with the new platform buildings on the right

DSCF9828.jpg

and shunted over ready to depart

sinfin tanks tomorrow

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Not my pic but 60002 is heading the logs to hellifield today then heading back l/e to carlisle, makes 66849 look a right mess (on that side!)

88A73B96-D43B-4FC4-8D4D-B90503340FF0.jpg

And just as I get home in time to see a possible appearance of a 60 on the logs, it's b*gger*d off back to Toton....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1