Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Hi Jim

Just caught up on your thread. I have loved the pictures from around Fort William. My wife and I spent our honeymoon up there. The first day was spent on the Jacobite wth 45321. Your pictures of Glenfinnan Viaduct are stunning.

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see 37099 is still going strong! Back in January 1985 I went on a rail tour from St.Pancras to Cornwall via Birmingham and 099 featured, paired up with one of the local tractors (207) to top and tail on the Parkandillack and Fowey branches. I think she was a March loco then and was sent west to provide a bit of heat.

• RMweb Premium

grab it while you can in blue!

Jim

099 looks great do you know and can you say if it will be named needs a name and a leaping Salmon! Would love to see Clydebridge again

Dave

As Jim hints above, it's mentioned elsewhere on the web that it's to be repainted into Colas colours in a week or two..........

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

Blimey, can't I even have a weekend off!!

Job was cancelled Thursday and I've been to Tenby with the family (DJ'd on the same bill as Black Lace!), nice and refreshed now, first full weekend off for months

Back to it tomorrow morning though

• Like 5

Thanks for posting these photographs, I've been following the thread and enjoy seeing the great variety of places and locomotives.

Interesting to see 56302 at Derby - it was on the RHTT based at Gloucester for a couple of weeks and not looking nearly as clean as it does now.

Since it has been mentioned, how does a "lodging turn" work? I travel a great deal and as a rule of thumb, oil and gas jobs it is all booked for me, usually (though not always) on account, civils and onshore pipeline jobs I am usually, pretty much left to my own devices with a fixed sum "in lieu", windfarm work varies but usually "flat rate" at my cost with no arrangements.

• RMweb Gold

Some from tonight

37025 on a UTU train

IMG_9015.jpg

And a video

https://youtu.be/USJoszxj98M

Some stills from the video, hence a bit blurred

IMG_9022.png

IMG_9023.png

IMG_9025.png

In this final pic you can see the laser that shoots out from the SGT on the side of the bridge, as I was in range I would have been captured too!

IMG_9026.png

Edited by big jim
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

The thing I enjoy about this thread is that it is written by someone who enjoys what he does. I still enjoy the big boys toys too.. couldn't do the job, if I didn't

You have to enjoy it or getting up at stupid o clock in the morning or driving vans all over the country would drive you mad!