"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Dunno what happened there but the pictures have doubled up on themselves !Bxxxxy technology...

It's probably the alcohol fumes being emitted from them !

Mines a pint :)

Grahame

• Like 1

There used to be an area in Blackburn known as the Barbary Coast because it had the highest density of pubs in a small area. (Imagine Newcastle on a Saturday night compressed into half-a-dozen streets!). I think Allan's just outdone it! :scratchhead:  Mind you! They weren't half as posh as these! :declare:

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 1

"Creating Model Buildings in 4mm and 7mm scales" by Geoff Taylor...punch that into Amazon. He also has another follow up volume. There are several other good titles which will come up on that search, too, but I think Geoff's book is very thorough and readable.I'd better admit that he's a mate, so I have an interest there :-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=making+model+buildings&sprefix=making+model+buildings%2Caps%2C264

There you are, there's even a link to Amazon for you. David Wright's two books are on there and well worth the money as well.

cheers

Iain

Six new pubs in as many weeks appearing in Immingham? I hope the Blue Ribboner's don't get to hear about it or we're all in for deep doodoo! Are they tied houses Allan or do they sell proper Real Ale? :drink_mini:

Ray

You might also want to look for Paul Bason's 'Scratch-Built Buildings'. An excellent step-by-step guide to scratchbuilding and published by BRM so it should be available from the website (www.model-railways-live.co.uk) or from Ian Allan bookshops! It even shows you how to set out hip roofs which could potentially save Iain a fortune in card! :angel:

Regards

Bill

Quote: "

Ray

You might also want to look for Paul Bason's 'Scratch-Built Buildings'. An excellent step-by-step guide to scratchbuilding and published by BRM so it should be available from the website (www.model-railways-live.co.uk) or from Ian Allan bookshops! It even shows you how to set out hip roofs which could potentially save Iain a fortune in card! :angel:

Regards

Bill"

I'm on Amazon now buying it :D !

cheers

Iain

ACTUALLY...don't buy it from Amazon, they want £22 for it. Has to be cheaper somewhere else...speaks the Scots skinflint.

Edited by Iain C Robinson

Pub number 5 finished and pub number 6 started.

Didn't hip the roof after all cos the wife said so - or said not.

As you do - or as you don't

Cheers

Allan

attachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 004.JPGattachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 005.JPGattachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 006.JPGattachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 007.JPGattachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 009.JPGattachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 010.JPGattachicon.gifPUB 5 OUTSIDE FINISHED 011.JPG

Allan I think you are getting the hang of the pub thing now...this is beautiful and the best one. I couldn't build five in a row and retain my sanity, such as it is :-).  This one is very like a Cheshire pub...really lovely, I would like to see it in a setting, but I expect you are selling these off to rich dot com millionaires before the paint dries...

cheers,

Iain

These pubs. They are amazing! The consistency and cleanness of construction- this is what craftsmanship is all about. I like that 5 panel bay actually. I don't know where all this is going with the pubs, I am just content to look on at a force of nature at work...as they say in Glasgow, "gaun yersel', big man!"

yours humbled,

Iain

(weegiespeak translated as "Keep calm and carry on building pubs...")

Edited by Iain C Robinson

Quote: "

Ray

Regards

Bill"

I'm on Amazon now buying it :D !

cheers

Iain

ACTUALLY...don't buy it from Amazon, they want £22 for it. Has to be cheaper somewhere else...speaks the Scots skinflint.

Blimey! And I thought that lot on Ebay were scurvy knaves. I got my copy from Ian Allan in Manchester for £9.99 (the cover price!) last year, and they still had a few copies when I popped in last weekend! £4.99 has to be a bargain (speaks the Lancastrian skinflint as he kicks his padlocked wallet across the room!)

These pubs. They are amazing! The consistency and cleanness of construction- this is what craftsmanship is all about. I like that 5 panel bay actually. I don't know where all this is going with the pubs, I am just content to look on at a force of nature at work...as they say in Glasgow, "gaun yersel', big man!"

yours humbled,

Iain

(weegiespeak translated as "Keep calm and carry on building pubs...")

Think this might be the beginning of Allan's new empire Iain? A pub in every town, each featuring Real Ale and autographed beer mats with a picture of 'Mine Host' on the front? I'll keep my eye on the eastern skyline for the first signs of encroaching Tudor!

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

Another masterpiece Allan - do you have any of those Scalelink frets with the pub signs around (on the clock fret I think?) to add some names?

I do, if I can find them amongst all the chaos that now dominates my workshop after building all those pubs in a desperate attemp to keep ahead of Robinson !

Cheers.

Allan.

That's number six finished and now thinking about having a shot at a London knees up pub - all saw dust floors, spitoons,  pillistars, panels and green paint !

Off now to surf for a prototype so that I can change it beyond all recognition and paint it blue !

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-16121600-1427102185_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-10398300-1427102198_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-54336000-1427102210_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-11468100-1427102225_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-36933200-1427102246_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-03438700-1427102269_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-67206100-1427102289_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-53051300-1427102306_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-98040300-1427102327_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-68572100-1427102345_thumb.jpg

• Like 5