"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Quote of the week."Does anyone produce a Fred Dibnah figure? - it would make a change from a bus on a bridge!"SP1

If anyone does model Fred then it'd have to modified for a true likeness.......it'd need a pint of Guinness in his hand !

Speaking from experience, he put away two pints to my one years ago when we met in Manchester, what a character and sorely missed :)

• Like 2

Alan is that oversize hedgehog next to the factory door and prominent in picture 7 above, a piece of natural moss, or something you have created? It looks great by the way!

Tony

I'm not quite sure Tony whether it fell off the roof or fell off me - but it does look good whatever and whoever it fell off !

Cheers.

Allan

Derelict factory finished ( except for forgotten drainpipe )

This will probably be the last build for a while as I might be taking on a massive commission about which I cannot discuss at the moment

But I will be keeping a check on Robinson every now and then so don't worry folks, the thread won't loose any credibility !

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-86192400-1429001901_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-73219600-1429001915_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-23169000-1429001928_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-82682900-1429001941_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-52556000-1429001973_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-70243200-1429001996_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-32971200-1429002031_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-05807100-1429002056_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-89506400-1429002089_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-01018800-1429002110_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-64554900-1429002135_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Great photos, Al- really atmospheric. It reminds me a little of the deserted Porth Wen brickworks on Anglesey. Top work as always, maestro!

Went and had a look Iain and it would make for a great model so, why don't one of us have a shot at it preferably you cos I've just taken on a load work and won't be around much with anything of my own built to give you a hard time

So cheers mate and I'll be looking in every day so behave yourself by claiming to be  the founder of all my inventions magnificent or otherwise, otherweise or magnificent !

Allan

PS. See if you can hit the 200,000 mark on your own - we all know you can do it mate.

Went and had a look Iain and it would make for a great model so, why don't one of us have a shot at it preferably you cos I've just taken on a load work and won't be around much with anything of my own built to give you a hard time

So cheers mate and I'll be looking in every day so behave yourself by claiming to be  the founder of all my inventions magnificent or otherwise, otherweise or magnificent !

Allan

PS. See if you can hit the 200,000 mark on your own - we all know you can do it mate.

The brickworks is on my list of things I'd like to model one day, but my customers might have something to say about it if I started that now! :O  I'm glad, though, that you have a big commission on the go, I just hope you haven't been poaching my Aberdeen customers...I will find out, you know... :triniti: I have just heard a report that DIY stores in the North east have experienced an unheard of rocket in sales of Colron wood dye ...I wonder why? :jester:

cheers,

Iain

The brickworks is on my list of things I'd like to model one day, but my customers might have something to say about it if I started that now! :O  I'm glad, though, that you have a big commission on the go, I just hope you haven't been poaching my Aberdeen customers...I will find out, you know... :triniti: I have just heard a report that DIY stores in the North east have experienced an unheard of rocket in sales of Colron wood dye ...I wonder why? :jester:

cheers,

Iain

Possibly....

Hummm! Veerry interesting! Thinks! Aberdeen's first ever Colron-powered Windmill? :dontknow: :secret:

Watching with anticipation

Bill :scratchhead:

Edited by Mythocentric

Hi all, I love Alans disused factory very much. I would love to know from where you get the brick paper you use?

Well done

Thanks

Ray

Hi Ray.

The brick paper is from Model Railway Scenery who do a considerable range of papers and scenic items - the owner, Justin Noble, is a member on here.

Cheers.

Allan