Brute Trolleys - where are they?

Redford73

I know Bachmann often take a long time to release products but does anyone know when the BR Brute Trolleys are due out or did I miss a batch and now there aren't any left?

Also anyone any idea of price and how many in a purchase?

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Cat no 44-517. RRP  £7.95 Listed as "Brute Trolleys" so I assume there will be at least two per pack.

Mine haven't arrived yet to confirm, but before ordering I checked with Bachmann direct and was told there are four per pack.

Hattons seemed to have sold out already, despite charging above the RRP (£9.00 compared to £7.95)

• RMweb Premium

In stock (at time of writing) at Kernow MRC for £7.50.

The image shows a very coarse mesh, several moulding depressions on the base and what might be described as a "cheap and cheerful" representation of the once ubiquitous BRUTE trolley.    

I bought 4 packs (BTW each contains 4 BRUTEs) from Rails of Sheffield at £6.25 each (how on earth are Hattons charging £9.00 ?), who have also sold out. They are indeed 'cheap and cheerful', but in my opinion they actually look better in the flesh than in the pictures. At less than £1.57 each, as a representation of an absolutely essential part of the BR 1970s/80s scene they will do for me.

I have been waiting to see the Bachmann ones come out, not seen any in the flesh yet but from looking at the image on the following website looks like a plastic moulding

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/30292/44517_Bachmann_Brute_trolleys

I previously purchased the pack of the brass etches from Ten Commandments these need a little folding but this is relatively straightforward and produce a very fine model , does of course need painting but the overall results are excellent.

£7.50 for a pack of three so a bit more expensive than the bachman ones

Has anyone found any good model parcels/mail bags to put in the Brutes yet? I know Peco Modelscenes do some.

I have bought 2 packs of Brutes and I'm in the process of filling some with Modelscene mailbags,coalsacks (these have been disguised by painting brown and grey to represent wrapped articles, and then laying them horizontally),and various shape parcels.I'm also going to try to replicate newspaper stacks.

The final job will be to make the straps that held everything in whilst the Brutes were moved.

These really are a great addition to any platform /parcel depot scene.

Now all we need is the platform tug to go with them. I have seen them in the flesh now and wil be sticking with my shirescenes etched version as they look a lot better but the Bachmann one scores for durability and robustness.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally succumbed and purchased half a dozen packs. Completely agree with some of the above comments that they look better in the flesh compared to the 'official' photographs.

Very pleased with them. Looking forward to getting two or three tractors!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Yes - I have a pack - they come in pairs.

Also - they look weathered to my eye which is a shame.

I always think those who want weathering can apply easily enough, but those like me who like pristine cannot 'unweather' a model.

Not such an issue with these little gems though when a full sized locomotive (or other rolling stock) model is only ever available weathered, it is a problem and very frustrating as one knows they were in the factory pristine before they were all weathered and shipped (Eg. Hornby 'skinhead' Class 31 only ever done in BR Blue, as a weathered version).

Sorry - rant over.

Sure you'll love your little tractors! 

Archived