RMweb

Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

....been busy or nattering elsewhere. Kal is still laughing at one of my purchases. I saw this oxford mini, and thought Twiggy? Mini? Sure add it to the list.....

Nice! And....a chance for me to flaunt my CV

I once fixed Twiggy's Mini - it was early one morning in Princess Road, Camden Town, simply suffering from damp in the distributor as all Minis used to do.

I went off to work in Brixton walking tall :sungum:

dhig

• Like 8

I once fixed Twiggy's Mini - it was early one morning in Princess Road, Camden Town, simply suffering from damp in the distributor as all Minis used to do.

dhig

............      :you:   .................                   ..........................   ............................       :swoon:  :swoon:  :swoon: .....................

dhig

how cool, I daresay we have all had meets with the greats. I wa in the back of our VW beetle as we drove thru Windsor Great Park as we drove along a policeman waved at us, my mum waved back.....moments later Princess Anne came down the long drive which you see from the building at the top.....it was a close enough shave.....to rattle my parents. Obviously the nice policeman had NOT been waving. Could you imagine.....crashing into the Princess Royal!!!!!!!!

oh she was in a car...scimitar I think......

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

Could you imagine.....crashing into the Princess Royal!!!!!!!!

This earlier bit of my CV is just about still 'on topic' - provide you think of the Princess Royal being 00 gauge (and probably back in the tender drive era)......

I once got pressured into taking Miss Hornby to a dance just off Edge Lane L'pool. All I got was a %&$£#*%£$ for crashing into her and being a crap dancer. :cry:

dhig

On reflection   .....................

dhig

............................      there can't be many people who can claim to have had their hands inside Twiggy's Mini    .......................    and not be vulnerable to latter day legal problems    ...............     :jester:  :jester:  :jester:   

come to think of it      .............................     there are simply not many people who can claim to have had their hands inside Twiggy's Mini   ...   full stop    ........      :angel:

Oh   .......    well now   .............

On reflection   .....................

............................      there can't be many people who can claim to have had their hands inside Twiggy's Mini    .......................    and not be vulnerable to latter day legal problems    ...............     :jester:  :jester:  :jester:   

come to think of it      .............................     there are simply not many people who can claim to have had their hands inside Twiggy's Mini   ...   full stop    ........      :angel:

.........   please forgive my Devonian innocence    ..........        :angel:  :angel:

It must have been a Friday Car    ..............      :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Oh   .......    well now   .............

.........   please forgive my Devonian innocence    ..........        :angel:  :angel:

It must have been a Friday Car    ..............      :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Do not be fooled by his statement............... :O  :no:

please forgive my Devonian innocence    

oi you lot ......you'll get the thread in trouble for being age-ist. ...and....being ignorant like.......I had to go look up Devonian......I thought it was going to be some Darwinism.....so finding it was a reference to a period in time from about a Million Years Ago.....have to say I don't think either of you are quite that old........yet.... :jester: 

...............Although........I can recommend some modelling creams/putties to fill in the crags / wrinkles..........

hat.....coat......running if required........(can't think of an equally appropriate Jcredfer joke)

• Like 1

How can we possibly be age-ist   ...........   on a railway modeling thread      ..........................     :jester:  :jester:

oi you lot ......you'll get the thread in trouble for being age-ist. ...and....being ignorant like.......I had to go look up Devonian......I thought it was going to be some Darwinism.....so finding it was a reference to a period in time from about a Million Years Ago.....have to say I don't think either of you are quite that old........yet.... :jester:

...............Although........I can recommend some modelling creams/putties to fill in the crags / wrinkles..........

hat.....coat......running if required........(can't think of an equally appropriate Jcredfer joke)

we are probably amongst the youngest around        ......................    and you 2, barely out of nappies   .......    :O     ..........................................      [actually, I'm not sure I want to go there ...  !   :acute:  ]

........    anyway   ..................   I'm not sure what you are implying about people who live[d] in Devon      .......     

Ok - time for a walk .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. on water  ... :angel:

Yours, - JC redfer   .......    :jester:  :jester:

OK we did Peterborough, and I took some pictures, but we did not return Sunday after all, so I do not have a good selection of those on offer. 

As you went in the building on the left was

med_gallery_17883_3195_46851.jpgrmweb3182pertershw.1

It may be larger than 00, but I found it had some nice elements in in.

med_gallery_17883_3195_844639.jpgrmweb3183peterbshow.2

I like the track here

med_gallery_17883_3195_297320.jpgrmweb3184peterbshow3

and some nice texturing

med_gallery_17883_3195_426567.jpgrmweb3185peterbshow4

• Like 11

Still on Kendal MRC

med_gallery_17883_3195_239992.jpgrmweb3186peterbshow5

med_gallery_17883_3195_748756.jpgrmweb3187peterbshow6

med_gallery_17883_3195_481685.jpgrmweb3188peterbshow7

the larger size allows for some lovely detailing

med_gallery_17883_3195_180397.jpgrmweb3189peterbshow8

edit=I have to say, it was a good welcoming layout.

On the other side of the main entrance was The Great Train Robbery, there appears to be some controversy about this layout, but I queued to go inside and listen, the spotlights picking out pertinent parts  in another wise darkened area,as a recorded talk walked you through, I found interesting.....and well conceived. Outside a display of facts and a charity donation box. In my opinion I thought it was in good taste, others may have a different opinion.  Something of interest for history buffs.....

edit= being 'inside' I did not take any pictures.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 7

Still in what might be termed the welcoming foyer area there was also another piece of history.  A diorama work by David Shakespeare was on display and is being offered for sale.

med_gallery_17883_3195_116040.jpgrmweb3190peterbshow9

med_gallery_17883_3195_350674.jpgrmweb3191peterbshow10

med_gallery_17883_3195_452816.jpgrmweb3192peterbshow11

• Like 11

Some lovely photos there Jaz, particularly of Dave's diorama, you really picked some good viewpoints.

Thanks Al, I do like to get 'in' the layout if at all possible....Although on the last one I would have to be a trapeze artist hanging from a gantry perhaps? I also wanted to show the end of the area hence the track not being cropped.

Wellbridge....OO gauge, and some lovely diorama areas

med_gallery_17883_3195_195457.jpgrmweb3193peterbshow12

and their fiddle yards not too shabby

med_gallery_17883_3195_191352.jpgrmweb3194peterbshow13

the only way to get a good picture of this area was to stand back

med_gallery_17883_3195_253160.jpgrmweb3195peterbshow14

I had to wait ages to get a spot to take pictures......so others clearly liked this one too

med_gallery_17883_3195_581586.jpgrmweb3196peterbshow15

• Like 7

Wellbridge...cont'd....

I almost didn't get the next pictures because two people were stood in front of the area i was interested chatting, and not about the layout.....but i waited and finally got these...

med_gallery_17883_3195_267763.jpgrmweb3198peterbshow17

med_gallery_17883_3195_119915.jpgrmweb3197peterbs16

med_gallery_17883_3195_177049.jpgrmweb3198peterbshow18

med_gallery_17883_3195_273079.jpgrmweb31990peterbs19

• Like 12

cont'd..3...

med_gallery_17883_3195_158272.jpgrmweb3206peterbshow25

I compromised the focus...to see into the distance

med_gallery_17883_3195_181689.jpgrmweb3207peterbshow26

I would have loved a close up of this one, considering what I am building at the moment....but this was the closest i could get

med_gallery_17883_3195_473289.jpgrmweb3208peterbshow27

Something to strive for......

• Like 10

Here's one that will probably appeal to ChrisN

med_gallery_17883_3195_492850.jpgrmweb3209peterbshow28

med_gallery_17883_3195_39021.jpgrmweb3219peterbshow29

med_gallery_17883_3195_253256.jpgrmweb3211peterbshow30

med_gallery_17883_3195_174940.jpgrmweb3212peterbshow31

med_gallery_17883_3195_129500.jpgrmweb3213peterbshow32

med_gallery_17883_3195_287218.jpgrmweb3214peterbshow33

med_gallery_17883_3195_113589.jpgrmweb3215peterbshow34

• Like 8

The police house

needs a top light...I was going to scratch build on, and was looking for how to best to go about it....when it occurred to me a window might be a good basis

med_gallery_17883_3113_666739.jpgrmweb3216policehoudse48

window on left from a wills kit

window in place

and you can see i am adding some green putty to try and disguise the appalling join

med_gallery_17883_3113_327016.jpgrmweb3217policehouse49

one i had put the window in place on its side....it seemed pretty pointless to make one. I may or may not cut out the bits that divide it into 3 ....because i think they look smart.

What with the fancy lintel tops, and the top light....it is getting less and less like the thing i was supposed to be modelling.....ah well....I like the result and i will apply rule one....LOL.

Am still looking for the evasive pack of evergreen to sort out the dodgy window.....

• Like 3

Hello There

Some nice pictures there Jaz of both the exhibition and your latest project. Lovely work on the stonework. Really does look superb.

Must admit Kals link to Playschool took be back. not saying how far though........LOL.

Must have a browse back through your pages as I'm sure there's plenty to catch upon.

See you soon.

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Jaz

Have been catching up on the thread (again). The photographs with the pylons in the background are superb (I can recommend EZ Line if you ever want to string them with cables). The police station is coming along really well - you have enhanced the stone work beautifully. I particularly liked the bowling green and back gardens from Wellbridge.

Cheers John

Hello There

Some nice pictures there Jaz of both the exhibition and your latest project. Lovely work on the stonework. Really does look superb.

Must admit Kals link to Playschool took be back. not saying how far though........LOL.

Must have a browse back through your pages as I'm sure there's plenty to catch upon.

See you soon.

Marcus

Read your thread, glad you friend is on the way to being on the mend.