Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

The old cogger figure detailing is just mint work there jaz. but did he push the balloon clown over the edge in pic3 as disappeared in pic4 ? (wont tell on him ;) )

self note on last page :

pipes / pots /dragons & fair maiden ..... I`ll take the latter please hehe

The old cogger figure detailing is just mint work there jaz. but did he push the balloon clown over the edge in pic3 as disappeared in pic4 ? (wont tell on him ;) )

self note on last page :

pipes / pots /dragons & fair maiden ..... I`ll take the latter please hehe

oh a certain person is scared of clowns, so if there is no need, i don't like to give him the collywobbles.......and scare him off :angel:

...so the clown jumped....... :jester:

....either that or the balloons carried him away......... :scared:

Edited by Jaz

must have a bladder size of a whale ..........  don't wanna know what he been drinking..

I`m sure AV rail be seeking rail flooding  compensation & damages ..

plus the peeved off passengers for service delays  :rtfm: 

.pls clarify?                      Seagull, oops  Blackheaded does have red legs.......

Ah yes your very southernly British seagulls, my birdie reference book has a little map of Britain against each entry and is marked green for where they can be found, so I can check if it covers appropriate areas. Although Port Lynn Cove is only imaginary so rule one applies LOL. Was in such a hurry doing yours.....did I get them right? If not return and I will update.

At the Peterboro show one of the exhibitions had a seagull attached to a wire attached to a motor that swung in circles with the seagull in question circling overhead, the mechanism well hidden from view...you need to look into this along with the seagull noise. 

• Like 1

Probably   ........................

oh a certain person is scared of clowns, so if there is no need, i don't like to give him the collywobbles.......and scare him off :angel:

...so the clown jumped....... :jester:

....either that or the balloons carried him away......... :scared:

........................................    went down like a Lead Balloon   .....................      :jester:  :jester:

Somewhere on the circuit  ........................

I am certainly contemplating it.

......   there is a Layout with a Station scene and at the right hand end there is a boy, looking at a tiny model railway  ...   1:76 / 1:76  [eerr ..  maybe O / O?  :scratchhead: ] .......  

and the train on the railway does go round the mini Layout   ...   :O     :scratchhead:   :sungum:

Edit: Seen about 4/5 years ago, probably Calne Rail show or Bentley Show [Melksham] 

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

Somewhere on the circuit  ........................

......   there is a Layout with a Station scene and at the right hand end there is a boy, looking at a tiny model railway  ...   1:76 / 1:76  [eerr ..  maybe O / O?  :scratchhead: ] .......  

and the train on the railway does go round the mini Layout   ...   :O     :scratchhead:   :sungum:

Yes seen somewhere. .??......

• Like 1

We have been fighting it out with more insulation. And the house is definitely a lot warmer, and it is much more pleasant in the loft, and there are still areas of the first layer to go in and still plenty of the second layer. Am really glad we decided to do insulation instead of solar panels.

• Like 4

We have been fighting it out with more insulation. And the house is definitely a lot warmer, and it is much more pleasant in the loft, and there are still areas of the first layer to go in and still plenty of the second layer. Am really glad we decided to do insulation instead of solar panels.

You both,should be finished, by the 14 th November........... :drag:

You both,should be finished, by the 14 th November........... :drag:

That weekend the builders will probably turn up to do the velux windows.....it might a bit cold...best bring a duck down sleeping bag with you :jester:

in fact we don't known when  they will turn up, but you'll be snug as a bug somewhere.... :butcher:

• Like 2

Having done the fans and vents from Unit Models

med_gallery_17883_3149_359574.jpgrmweb3257figure18

you can tidy this with a fine file, but tidying might go overboard..so be careful...i cleaned some and not others to see if the finished results make a difference

and tried this silver paint directly on to the resin (I had not washed them do you need to?)

anyway the pot did not adhere, and looped in to small masses, luckily a quick tissue wiped off the mess!

med_gallery_17883_3149_254582.jpg

• Like 3

I used Revell 47 mouse grey as an undercoat, and did not do it to any competent level, just slapped it on, sometimes thickly sometimes thin as it came...

med_gallery_17883_3149_446975.jpgrmweb3259figure20

and let it dry...

I had a headache...and did not realise the pictures were so fuzzy....hope you don't get one too trying to look at these!!!

then I popped the Humbrol 11 on top, and it was much better

med_gallery_17883_3149_314295.jpg

• Like 8

The loft is where your efforts are being put.....

It is becoming much more pleasant place to work.

The flooring all bar one last sheet which we need to buy - typical - we'll have to pay over the odds to get just one ;( 

Is all in place and all the rock wool insulation under it in place. 

Some all offcuts of carpet are doing a worthwhile job, so it is comfortable to walk and kneel / crawl on....although it does involve a lot of hoovering.

On the North side we have all the first 50mm layer in place, and a lot of the second 50mm layer, and the uprights 100mm which close the gap between the roof and the new floor.

Kal and my younger son, also rerouted all the wires, including phones and electricity lighting. The fluorescent lights had sat on the joist but are now on a new wood support bringing them horizontal, and the silver encourages more light to spread throughout the whole area.....Extra fluorescents have been added. So this should be a nice area to work.

Especially once the vellums get put in place.

med_gallery_17883_3178_91956.jpgrmweb3261oldloft1

in this picture the new wood for the lights is viewable

med_gallery_17883_3178_370682.jpg

and here the far left roof which is lower than the standard has now got both 50mm layers, just needs uprights at the end and some insulating sealing tape......

and just a small percentage of the mess involved is still in evidence.

I clean up between jobs, to try and make it less dusty to work in, and its not just breathing , the dust gets in your clothes, and you really want a bath after..... med_gallery_17883_3178_377417.jpg

but when you remember we were doing well to get to this stage

med_gallery_17883_3178_40338.jpg

FYI In order to cut the PIR to fit there were a lot of triangles left over, we used those to fill the later areas and just put in rectangles to top up. So we have been really frugal with the PIR....not much left over for modelling to date)

the smaller areas being finished first allow us to move stuff into them for a good period of time, leaving access to the larger area, and once the builders have the veluxs done, only 2 larger ones so it should be a quick weekend process.....we will finally be at the stage of having the room to start building the rest of the layout. This tends to be the area Kal gets most excited about, the planning stage.

We did look into getting rid of the two large wood beams, but just a quote for the drawings and workings proved....the return value was not good, so we shall be climbing under them for a good time yet. 

Regardless, we plan to build this in sections, so if we get older and are still doing this, and climbing under gets to be too much of a pain, we can move it downstairs. Theres a 20x20 foot garage which could be nabbed if really necessary........

Still the insulation is having positive effects, the rooms below are noticeable warmer, the kitchen especially where the porcelain tiles have always been cold during the colder part of the year are no longer so noticeable.....but we are experiencing a decent Autumn....so things might change. Anyway the radiators are rarely on, and I will be monitoring the heating bills to see just how much of a kick back we get from all this work.

I do vaguely remember we did the Granny annexe and two years later did the loft above it (also adding flooring,rock wool under it and rock wool to the joist...the PIR should be better) and my dads area was noticeable better, and soon with no where for the heat to escape, we should get a double hit. And if that reduces the heating bill as well...which i recorder since we replaced the boiler year before last, we are n a position to make accurate evaluations.

Oh and because we have two open fireplaces, which we don't burn fires in often, I block them with newspaper in the colder weather to stop the heating disappearing. When we want the ventilation back, or to actually burn some coal I am VERY CAREFUL to ensure I have removed ALL the newspaper and avoid a chimney fire :O They do sell proper chimney balls for this purpose, but I have neve got around to sourcing them. Newspaper works fine.

So we are nice and toasty at Chez Arboretum Valley........ :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Although Father Xmas has little chance of making down these chimneys.... :butcher: ..... :jester:

And if we seem quiet.....it's for a good cause............

• Like 9

How.....de you reply to someones post on your own/ on another  thread??????????

model-trains has been having some issues with signals, which I am interested in because we have to get around to them also......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83539-rael-dale-valley-railway-building-modelling-signalling-and-more/page-6&do=findComment&comment=1626950

I have added this link to his thread RAEL DALE , in case any of you have any input.  :sungum: 

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

I am sure you will not have this problem as your chimneys are not permanently blocked.  In our house before the last one for various reasons the chimney was removed.  We found out that this prevented the circulation of air and so we began to experience damp problems.

Just something to watch out for.

Well you might try   ........................

How.....de you reply to someones post on your own/ on another  thread??????????

model-trains has been having some issues with signals, which I am interested in because we have to get around to them also......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83539-rael-dale-valley-railway-building-modelling-signalling-and-more/page-6&do=findComment&comment=1626950

I have added this link to his thread RAEL DALE , in case any of you have any input.  :sungum: 

................   Copy the Post in your thread    ......    go to their's   ..........    [ - I know, desperate measures ]  ............   Paste and highlight to use the "Quote" button  .........   then answer under the quote  .......    :sungum:  :sungum:  :locomotive:

Eeerrr    .....     yes I know it is really late - but I must dash   ...   yes right now  .....  and buy some milk   .........     :senile: