Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Good job you're modelling UK and not USA    .....................      

they got Sooooooooo   many cows to model   .................        :scratchhead:

MD saw her first freight [coal] trains the day before yesterday    ........   the first made her jump, as it came from behind   ......  

.......   and sounded the Horn, right next to the car  .......    :jester:  

.........    just a small one [because of the weight I expect]    ...............    only about 3/4 mile long  ...   :O  :O  :O

Saw a Restaurant where the menu was all about Sasquatch Steaks, Burgers   .......    and they had 3 life size wood-carved Sas in the window   ....     awesome  .....    :sungum:

• Like 4

Good job you're modelling UK and not USA    .....................      

they got Sooooooooo   many cows to model   .................        :scratchhead:

MD saw her first freight [coal] trains the day before yesterday    ........   the first made her jump, as it came from behind   ......  

.......   and sounded the Horn, right next to the car  .......    :jester:  

.........    just a small one [because of the weight I expect]    ...............    only about 3/4 mile long  ...   :O  :O  :O

Saw a Restaurant where the menu was all about Sasquatch Steaks, Burgers   .......    and they had 3 life size wood-carved Sas in the window   ....     awesome  .....    :sungum:

no pictures????

• Like 2

Tooooooo   BIG for the camera  ...............    :O  :O

Just off for the first mountain of the day   ...............    then, after the restaurant - we will get in the car and drive to the next ones  .....    :jester:  :jester:

ttfn

med_gallery_17883_3112_155495.jpgrmweb2630kalboro69

med_gallery_17883_3112_9159.jpgrmweb2631kalboro70

these two were painted some time ago

med_gallery_17883_3112_478807.jpgrmweb2632kalboro71

some might say I have an affinity for painting cows....being a somewhat mad cow myself..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

cows.jpgfree stock photos.biz

how do you explain these shadows??? Perhaps there are trees nearby....but it is supposed to be out in the middle of the USA

Low angled evening sunlight, the shadows are cast by the cows themselves?

med_gallery_17883_3112_155495.jpgrmweb2630kalboro69

med_gallery_17883_3112_9159.jpgrmweb2631kalboro70

these two were painted some time ago

med_gallery_17883_3112_478807.jpgrmweb2632kalboro71

some might say I have an affinity for painting cows....being a somewhat mad cow myself..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

I was going to tick the AGREE box but I thought better of it, hahhhaha..

There really good, not over done,

I tried painting a Horse once, :O

BUT IT RAN AWAY,

boom boom, hhahahhaha :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P

I was going to tick the AGREE box but I thought better of it, hahhhaha..

There really good, not over done,

I tried painting a Horse once, :O

BUT IT RAN AWAY,

boom boom, hhahahhaha :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge

I'm surprised someone couldn't resist pressing the agree button....maybe J and dt have not yet looked.....LOL.

I always say don't put it out there if you can't take the heat.....

edit...I'd bet money Newbryford Mick will consider putting agree....and even if he unagrees....it will show up on my notifications LOL. I have a number of undecipherables playing that game LMAO.

.........Yes yes it is true...some people have kindly pointed out they have NO idea what so ever what I am going on about and have left an undecipherable and ran.......I think there was 17 last count on my profile.....so even excluding the joke ones....theres several genuine ones... :angel: trouble is you can't locate them easily....and I write so much all over the place...they could be anywhere!!!!1 And even if I got back edited and they then made sense what is the chance that the confused person would bother to go take it off......LOL

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Low angled evening sunlight, the shadows are cast by the cows themselves?

Im wondering if I repaint part of the cows and replace some of the white with grey...whether I could emulate the picture....you would have to align the plastic cows ever afterwards to the sun....and the angle might prove difficult, and you could not check the time and re do at that time again, because of course through out the year the length of the day differers. You MIGHT just once get away with it in natural light. I could paint em photograph em....them paint them back to white. Hang on what about the other colour!!!! Oh hang it....too complicated.

But I think a patch of long grass a la Westerhamstation might be in order in the not too distant future. Then theres the seed heads....a dab of glue and dust perhaps.

.....OMG....even I am tempted to put an indecipherable.......

Maybe another cow picture....

med_gallery_17883_3112_529906.jpgrmweb2633kalboro72

med_gallery_17883_3112_290424.jpgrmweb2634kalboro73

still I got one good picture

med_gallery_17883_3112_165369.jpgrmweb2645kalboro74

young heifers learning to come in for milking.

• Like 8

while i was taking the pictures of the cows....I had a quick update of some other areas...just to see how the light effected them

Goathland Village

the graveyard

med_gallery_17883_3001_251298.jpgrmweb2636kalboro75

the local bad boy and his mate....apparently he is suspected of being the nefarious graffiti artist!!!! And you all thought it was a woman.

med_gallery_17883_3001_682181.jpgrmweb2637kalboro76

The waterfall.....with the light in this direction it looks like

the sun is shining thru the water spray...

med_gallery_17883_3001_470157.jpgrmweb2638kalboro77

med_gallery_17883_3001_266943.jpgrmweb2639kalboro78

and the base of the waterfall....theres a gap behind the waterfall which bleeds light....but nicely lights up the 'water'

• Like 4

There's more AV pictures but whilst I was up there I received a PM from Anotheran.....he has been doggedly working his way thru the back posts of AV...braver man than me.....

I had said such dedication brought its own rewards...and I would add him to the wall. He is a rugby supporter and as CWR has his beloved tea up...I decided if we have the Irish might as well have the Welsh.........

So the Welsh flag is white over Green and a dragon, and his team are the Scarlets.

I have space near my dragons eye....its green not red.....remind me of a story about the Welsh dragon and the Chinese dragon...... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2760_597423.jpgrmweb2646kalboro85

I just pencilled in the lines then using the brush went for it

med_gallery_17883_2760_104540.jpgrmweb2647kalboro86

the top half of the flag

med_gallery_17883_2760_487069.jpgrmweb2648kalboro87

the bottom half of the flag

• Like 1

And then I thought in for a penny in for a pound....

And having a small space in the left...I decided to add the Scarlets as well

med_gallery_17883_2760_166770.jpgrmweb2649kalboro88

med_gallery_17883_2760_583229.jpgrmweb2650kalboro89

each section is the equivalent of 2ft

med_gallery_17883_2760_171777.jpgrmweb2651kalboro90

med_gallery_17883_2760_634745.jpgrmweb2652kalboro91

• Like 5

Looking back over the last few pages some great work both with the road and the cows. I don't have much time for catching up on AV these days  as a result of long working hours and a lengthy commute. The newly introduced ban on using the work internet for personal use is also a pain. It used to be fun to spend my  lunch hour browsing rmweb.

• Like 1

Some more snaps

Port Lynn Cove

med_gallery_17883_2806_415523.jpgrmweb2640kalboro79

back down the beech.....

purposely just out of focus

med_gallery_17883_2806_40380.jpgrmweb2641kalboro80

had i been serious I could have a dded a little water to the sand at the wages edge....but this was off the cuff...and the tide is going out!!!!!!

@Jc and Pastel, taken a quick break from work\

med_gallery_17883_2806_107509.jpgrmweb2642kalboro81

• Like 6

Isn't that   ..............................

young heifers learning to come in for milking.

...............................................    going to put them off the idea of having Calf's    .................................

One good go with a Bull - Yippe  ..   :sungum:    ...........    months getting bigger until it drops   .......................    :O  .....

Before long the little blighter is taken away [maybe a mixed blessing?]   .....................     then  ..............    years with some mechanical teat sucker before they let you at the Bull again   ..........................     :triniti:  :triniti:  

• RMweb Gold

...I received a PM from Anotheran... he has been doggedly working his way thru the back posts of AV...

I'm still going... I've reached page 233, so not far to go now, as I should start encountering pages I've read before! As I've said in the PMs, I'm honoured to be asked to be a part of the wall. It's been a pleasure going through the thread, but this just makes my day!

And then I thought in for a penny in for a pound... And having a small space in the left...I decided to add the Scarlets as well

Fantastic. That's great work Jaz. I'm going to see if I can get this one to work as my avatar...

med_gallery_17883_2760_171777.jpg

Thank you so much for making me part of AV!

Neil

• Like 1

You see cows, Jaz...  I see rare steak!

N.B.  Jersey = dairy - cows, right?  So not really steak on legs. You'd need Angus or Belted Galloway for that - I think...  (Many, many, moons ago, I dated a diary farmers daughter for a few years...) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have to say... I'm happy with the new avatar! You may not recognise me at a show from it, but it says me :)

Thanks Jaz. I wonder how many avatars on RMWeb are your doing?

Now for some sleep me thinks. Well... maybe a few more pages of AV first!

Neil

Edited by Anotheran

Oh dear  ...............  

(Many, many, moons ago, I dated a diary farmers daughter for a few years...)

...............     was that when you met the Beef farmer's daughter?   ........    and thought you would ditch the Udder one   ........      :nono:  :nono:

...............     or perhaps just the the Milk Market began to sag   ............      :O

..............      sadly, some things are just not destined to go on for heifer   ........    you can't always have the Cream of the pack   .......   good job she wasn't the daughter of another trader in the products of livestock  ...

She was only a Fishmonger's daughter

but she had Crabs on her Plaice, poor Sole.   ...    :swoon:  :swoon:

• Like 1

Isn't that   ..............................

...............................................    going to put them off the idea of having Calf's    .................................

One good go with a Bull - Yippe  ..   :sungum:    ...........    months getting bigger until it drops   .......................    :O  .....

Before long the little blighter is taken away [maybe a mixed blessing?]   .....................     then  ..............    years with some mechanical teat sucker before they let you at the Bull again   ..........................     :triniti:  :triniti:  

your so out of touch.....artificial insemination.........

I have to say... I'm happy with the new avatar! You may not recognise me at a show from it, but it says me :)

Thanks Jaz. I wonder how many avatars on RMWeb are your doing?

Now for some sleep me thinks. Well... maybe a few more pages of AV first!

Neil

It's really nice to see people like my work enough that they take them as avatars. :sungum: 

The mini-me s were very popular...The britfarmer, ChrisN the mad scientist and Sasquatch all liked theirs so much they adopted them. My own tiger was taken from a 30 year old Esso advert copied from a Sunday paper supplement and used as the basis of an A3 picture that I have framed at home.Some of the graffiti is taking a good Avatar for reference so people have the original Avatar already.

You were lucky you missed the clowns, it never occurred to me some people might be scared of them....I attributed one to Andy P and it turns out he has never liked them since childhood. I did offer to rescind his....wiping out the posts as it apparently gives him the creeps....but he kindly said it was ok to leave it.....I always PM people now and check they are up for being involved in any of stunts I am doing. 

And people often give me ideas of their own when asked. Al sent me a great picture of himself pixelated in the colours I used ....but I knew straight off reducing it would change the face too much, so he sent a real picture, and I mixed his original idea with the picture to come up with his. RSLR sent me two ideas and I used the ever popular Spock. I like to incorporate something of the person, their interests or general build or favourite clothes. ChrisN asked me to add the readybrek glow as he is in real life a scientist who has worked with radioactivity...so that was quite fitting. Both dt and marcus37 have come to stay.Thats why I added Marcus' wife and son. Having met dt and Jcredfer several times they were easy to do and J sent me a facial picture of mini driver to work from. I had one previously for her mini me.  I did post him her original mini me and her dog, but it got lost in the post. We had hope to do a skit where her mini me wandered around Arboretum Valley then turned up home at his thread .....but the post lost them ....so the skit sank. I will redo her dog at some time. But won't be posting anything out again. We should meet again some time and I will give him the second mini me.....

Brass0four changed his avatar so I could use his RedCrane which has significance for him. Castle is involved with the restoration of Penderric Castle at Didcot, he kindly sent me a picture of the real castle the loco is named for ....which I would have loved to do but the size would not have allowed much detail, and doing a loco on a Railway Forum ...I did not think I could do it justice at that size so used his Avatar which is cut down from the original engine. 

Anyway any artwork I do for rmwebbers is welcome to be used by those individuals.......I did put a picture up of some of the work on peoples threads. Some don't have threads so I can't pass them a copy. I should pop the rest up on those people who have 'homes' of their own.

It's a nice process, you get a feel for people as well as you work on them.Luckily we have met several people in real life at shows. It is nice to meet people who you chat to. We are off to Wreccrail this week end and ess1uk is hoping to go as well. Which will be nice. Geographically he lives quite close. There are many people we have met as they exhibit at shows. We have met Newbryford / Mick several times and often joke on his thread.....some poor soul was concerned about me threatening his work with a rubber hammer... :O ......and I suppose when you think someone shot a football player after a commentator said he deserved to be shot (poor soul has to live with that) I should be more careful. I would be horrified if Micks work was damaged...he has been a great inspiration to us after chatting to him last year at Wrecrail. 

Anyway I am droning on now.......

• Like 1

Jaz, on 31 Jul 2014 - 07:43, said:snapback.png

"Pen Friend's"....... :no:

poor litre 'offers' so uddderly adorable.....the farmers near us all doing cropping....so we rarely see field animals... although there are the small llamas up the other side of the village and some donkeys. Horses are the only 'stock' really in this area. Except for one small group of sheep.There are some rare pigs luckily a good 5 miles away of so. And thankfully no chickens....chicken poop reals worse than anything when put out on crops. We had our old house for sale AFTER they did that locally and we were right in the middle of a built up area...the pong was atrocious.

• Like 1