Bachmann New Arrivals

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

The latest information from Barwell  (Today 13 June ) indicates an avalanche of new goodies on its way. Just like waiting for a bus.....they all arrive at the same time. Some of us will be filing for bankruptcy,I fear.After a long drought,the rains come. Mustn't grumble. We now have something tangible to look forward to at long last.  Hallelujah !

• RMweb Gold

The latest information from Barwell  (Today 13 June ) indicates an avalanche of new goodies on its way. Just like waiting for a bus.....they all arrive at the same time. Some of us will be filing for bankruptcy,I fear.After a long drought,the rains come. Mustn't grumble. We now have something tangible to look forward to at long last.  Hallelujah !

I think it seems to have been a 'false dawn'.Latest view of their website shows many of the items have mysteriously vanished. Boat sunk?

• RMweb Gold

Puzzling. Last week there were lots of items showing in the "expected within 60 days" section, including the much awaited Porthole coaches. Now they are gone - presumably they missed the boat?

• RMweb Gold

Just occurred to me...

Bachmann is made in China, it then gets shipped to UK...

Does it then get re-shipped, back to Oz?

If it does, its ready for a heavy general. That's a lot of miles!

"Sorry, you can't have a new 'hall' just yet. It's cashing in its air miles in Honolulu...."

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Could be they were expected at Barwell, having arrived they are not now expected?

In which case they should be listed under 'Arrivals during the last 30 days' - and they aren't. However Bachmann's 'expected' details aren't always correct as stuff has turned up in the past that wasn't on their list.

I'm not sure exactly what you gents are looking at.

On the 00 Locomotive pages,

• the S&DJR Jinty shows " § " meaning they're not committing a date, yet it has arrived in shops.
  • the Earl says " Nov/Dec ". Is this stale from 2012, or are we now not expecting the Dukedog until the end of 2013? As of May 31, 2013. it was at "livery sample" stage.
  • I notice the 57xx and 45xx in early Collett liveries are now Jul/Aug.
There seems to be four sets of delivery estimates for steam locomotives: Jun/Jul, Jul/Aug, Nov/Dec, and Dec/Jan.

This appears to be a significant delay to earlier expectations.

In which case they should be listed under 'Arrivals during the last 30 days' - and they aren't. However Bachmann's 'expected' details aren't always correct as stuff has turned up in the past that wasn't on their list.

Like the S&DJR Jinty?

If you scroll down the page you see first items that have arrived in the last 30 days, then items that are expected in the next 60 days

Thanks. I had looked at that page. I didn't notice this:

Branchline OO Scale Arrivals due during next 60 days

By my calculation 60 days from June 13 is well into August, yet none of the items on the "00 steam locomotive products" page showing a Jul/Aug availability are in the "next 60 days" list. Presumably Jul/Aug must mean late August then?

EDITED to be more specific about steam locomotives.

Thanks. I had looked at that page. I didn't notice this:

By my calculation 60 days from June 13 is well into August, yet none of the items on the "products" page showing a Jul/Aug availability are in the "next 60 days" list. Presumably Jul/Aug must mean late August then?

These are due Jun/Jul 

Class 47 47190 'PECTINIDAE' BR Petroleum Sector - DCC Sound

Class 55 D9011 BR Two Tone Green

57ft. Ex-LMS Composite Coach BR Departmental Olive Green

So falls into that class. 

Are you sure you are looking at the same page as everyone else? We don't have a date when these items were added just when the page was last modified. Jun/Jul is 60 days. 

Are you sure you are looking at the same page as everyone else? We don't have a date when these items were added just when the page was last modified. Jun/Jul is 60 days.

Sorry, I should have said "00 Steam Locomotives" products page. I will edit the post to suit.

But I wasn't talking about the Jun/Jul items - they are in the 60 day window.

The Bachmann New Arrivals page was updated on June 13. 60 days from June 13 is mid-August. It is the Jul/Aug items I was referring to.

Some products are slipping. That happens. Bachmann Branchline is providing updated data as it becomes available. Some of their estimates (like "Jul/Aug") are a bit optimistic sounding given the 60 day forecast, but theoretically these items could arrive in August.

On the 00 Locomotive pages,

• the S&DJR Jinty shows " § " meaning they're not committing a date, yet it has arrived in shops.

First batch of the S&DJR Jinty sold out very quickly, but Bachmann are going to do a 2nd run of these. Hence what appears to be a contradiction.

I did hear at the Bristol show that the porthole stock was going to be delayed - Shame for LMS fans - as soon as a maroon version is available I'll be able to justify a  couple 

• RMweb Premium

First batch of the S&DJR Jinty sold out very quickly, but Bachmann are going to do a 2nd run of these. Hence what appears to be a contradiction.

So they can do a second run of this Jinty but not of the SECR liveried C Class, which is/was equally popular, surely. Hmmm...

• RMweb Premium

Or is just the rest of the batch of the Jinties that are coming. Bachmann have always said they will not rerun a model exactly as previously produced.

I haven't noticed a lack of Jinties (S&DJR version)

It seems to have been available continuously since it first arrived. maybe it's only a few box shifters that "sold out"

Keith

Given an interesting story by my local model shop today, regarding delays to Bachmann production, that may link to the sudden disappearance of so many items from the 'Expected in next 60 days'. According to Bachmann trade rep, Bachmann UK production has been delayed at their factories in China to free up capacity to produce Hornby items as a priority.

If true, this tends to indicate that Hornby production is more tied to Kader and Sanda Khan than they've indicated, it could also be a ploy to try and maintain credibility by Bachmann with their retail customers and end users. We'll probably never know but an interesting 'official' statement

• RMweb Gold

Given an interesting story by my local model shop today, regarding delays to Bachmann production, that may link to the sudden disappearance of so many items from the 'Expected in next 60 days'. According to Bachmann trade rep, Bachmann UK production has been delayed at their factories in China to free up capacity to produce Hornby items as a priority.

If true, this tends to indicate that Hornby production is more tied to Kader and Sanda Khan than they've indicated, it could also be a ploy to try and maintain credibility by Bachmann with their retail customers and end users. We'll probably never know but an interesting 'official' statement

Might also be an attempt by Kader to hang on to business from Hornby who are planning to leave a much smaller percentage of their output with them in the coming year, or maybe they've heard that Hornby have not been happy with their performance (both true), or maybe the Bachmann rep couldn't come up with anything better (pure guesswork).  

What is known is that Kader have a lot of stuff in the pipeline at various stages of development and they have fallen behind for whatever reasons and presumably that is also affecting Bachmann's UK product?

We'll hopefully know it's here once it arrives.

I suspect the Hornby Maunsell SO and later this year the TO are being made by the former Kanda San plant which would account for a lot of the uncertainty and delay.  They are the same quality as the earlier Maunsell coaches and show no evidence of the no frills design philosophy of recent Hornby offerings.   Again, this is a suspicion, no known facts other than the quality of the finished product and the above statement.

• RMweb Gold

Puzzling. Last week there were lots of items showing in the "expected within 60 days" section, including the much awaited Porthole coaches. Now they are gone - presumably they missed the boat?

All this reference to boats - hope as Adrian pointed out its not this one

Phil

Archived