RMweb

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Wolseley said:

Spotted in Montague Street, Goulburn.  An old car enthusiast who obviously does not believe in angle parking:

20160325_092244.jpg.1a8b2dbfee8a867d4fbda9abf3ddfe4b.jpg

Perhaps no reverese

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJI said:

Perhaps no reverese

Dunno if that would be an excuse. I used to run a sidecar outfit which had no reverse and was hard to push. It didn't take me that long to learn to read slopes and Chambers to the extent that I could get gravity to do maybe 90% of my reversing and/or parking brake duties for me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, PatB said:

Dunno if that would be an excuse. I used to run a sidecar outfit which had no reverse and was hard to push. It didn't take me that long to learn to read slopes and Chambers to the extent that I could get gravity to do maybe 90% of my reversing and/or parking brake duties for me. 

Maybe it’s a new owner and he hasn’t had your experience yet?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, MJI said:

Perhaps no reverese

The car is a late 20's Austin 12* and does have a reverse gear. There might be a very good reason for parking that way but we can omly speculate as to why the car is parked so. *It could be a 14 or a 16. Austin produced more than 20 different models at any one time rangeing from the 7 up to luxury limousines.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

The car is a late 20's Austin 12* and does have a reverse gear. There might be a very good reason for parking that way but we can omly speculate as to why the car is parked so. *It could be a 14 or a 16. Austin produced more than 20 different models at any one time rangeing from the 7 up to luxury limousines.

There you go......the owner is just proud and wants to show it off :D

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

There you go......the owner is just proud and wants to show it off :D

There could be many reasons. Possibly it was being loaded/unloaded from a transporter that is out of picture.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Addison Place, West London, 1970...

LONDON addison-place-15-173-south-side-1970-ks924.jpg

I was in college in Glasgow around when that picture was taken and I too had a Consul 375. Massive (by then current standards) front bench seat and column change, not going to admit to more of what happened in it :rolleyes:.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Some more West London nostalgia... Lexham Mews in 1976 with a 1969 / 70 registered Rover 'Three Thousand Five' V8...

LONDON lexham-mews-3-6-looking-south-1976-ks4102.jpg

Have you access to my motoring history Nidge? I had one of those on a 74 M plate, the 3500S with manual transmission.

• Like 2

Hard to believe this was fifty years ago - Tony Curtis steps out of a chauffeur driven Bentley S2 Continental (with James Young Coachwork) outside Uxbridge Magistrates Court on 27th April 1970, he was charged with possession of cannabis when he arrived at Heathrow Airport in February to start work on 'The Persuaders' and fined £50...

TC Uxbridge Court 270470 fined £50 with JG Bentley S2 Conti JY coachwork.jpg

• Like 10

Chatting with a TVR owner elsewhere prompted me to dig out this photo, taken when I nipped down to see how the resto on my Cooper S was getting on back in 2014, the Tiv' sounded fantastic just being driven into the paint booth...

WMU 211G J KING & SON 2014.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, rocor said:

Bromley in Kent 1920's.

The man with the beard is my Great Grandfather.

If the bloke in front of the car in the 1st photo was a mechanic, I would have probably avoided that garage.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3