RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

1 hour ago, petethemole said:

I reckon Bernard Bresslaw would have been a great comedy Vader.

Every time someone mentions the Afghanistan cricket team i always think of Bernard Bresslaw bowling the bombs at the end of Carry on follow the Camel

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

35 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Every time someone mentions the Afghanistan cricket team i always think of Bernard Bresslaw bowling the bombs at the end of Carry on follow the Camel

His finest performance though was in Up the Khyber. :yes:  which personally I rate as one of, if not the, best Carry On films.

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

I thought more Chewbacca. :laugh:

Unfortunately he was another proper actor who got typecast. Turned down Frankenstein as he didn't want to play horror roles and ended up playing a pastiche of Lurch in Carry On Screaming with another proper actor who was typecast in Harry H Corbett.

The Frankenstein role went to a prolific but then unknown actor known as Christopher Lee who was in Star Wars eventually.

Funnily enough the Carry On movies are one of the few films that I'll watch when they are on. At times like Christmas and Easter they are my staple TV watching as there is nothing else on!

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Funnily enough the Carry On movies are one of the few films that I'll watch when they are on. At times like Christmas and Easter they are my staple TV watching as there is nothing else on!

There are "Carry On" films I'll happily watch, and some you'd have to tie me down and force my eyes open for!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2