RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

4 hours ago, 21C1 said:

Dont you mean toilet (WC) he sure aint going to take a bath in the sand!!

It's a CAT they Sh!t anywhere they like.

Not in my garden since I got the 88mm anti aircraft gun !:D

Edited by andytrains
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Baby Deltic said:

image.jpeg.eb5f9905ecab25c7cbb3f26b8155a859.jpeg

Pedantic hat on - cave men couldn't hear a Pterodactyl use the bathroom because the Pterodactyls had been extinct for 60 million years before cave men came along.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Yet another US cartoon where the joke needs re-writing to work in British English. There so squeamish these Americans; they just can bring themselves to call a water closet a water closet...

What’s wrong with sh!thouse?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

In 1999 I did a bit of a tour of the USA and was on a coach for part of it. At one stop a passenger called 'Mike' from Derby asked the guide where the Lavatory was. 

She went into a great explanation about why the word was incorrect as it came from the French word 'Lavage' which is 'to wash' 

Mike looked at her and said "so if its not a lav what do you call it" she replied "a restroom"  he looked straight at her and said "well luv, I'm going for a p1ss not a rest but I was being polite"

Edited by chris p bacon
Incorrect wording used
  • Like 7
  • Funny 11

1 hour ago, 21C1 said:

Why must people use the euphemism Bathroom for toilet, WC, lavatory etc. Are they ashamed they have to pee or sh1t .

Possibly because at one time the toilet (after it moved indoors) was in the bathroom?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It's not a euphemism (any more than any of the terms are) but simply the American term for the room containing the water closet, I think perhaps more in a private house, where restroom is used for a public lavatory, such as in a restaurant. If I'm in someone elses' house, I'd say "can I use the loo?" or being a bit old-fashioned, "is it in the usual place" (i.e. top of the stairs). If I'm in a restaurant, pub, etc., I'd say "scuse me, where's the gents?"

• Agree 2