The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

1 hour ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

“Less than five drinks” could be four pints of Buckfast, which may explain a lot...

In which case, it would probably appear on a death certificate!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

21 minutes ago, pH said:

In which case, it would probably appear on a death certificate!

In truth four pints of buckfast is about the same alcohol intake as twelve pints of lager, which although well beyond the capacity of the average drinker would probably not kill you, then again the amount of caffeine that you would have consumed (one bottle contains 281 mg) would render the need for a plane superfluous!

Jim

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

In truth four pints of buckfast is about the same alcohol intake as twelve pints of lager, which although well beyond the capacity of the average drinker would probably not kill you …

Perhaps, but based on my (admittedly limited) experience with fortified wines in my youth, I wouldn’t volunteer to prove it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You lot really need to read more...

It's a (slight mis-) quote from 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency', which Adams himself borrowed from his previously aborted script for the Doctor Who story 'Shada'.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

You lot really need to read more...

It's a (slight mis-) quote from 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency', which Adams himself borrowed from his previously aborted script for the Doctor Who story 'Shada'.

DA had a thing about tea, but if you do mention it, peoples minds naturally gravitate to thoughts of the Nutrimatic drinks dispenser, created by the infamous Sirius Cybernetics Corporation...

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Agreed, that's the more well known tea commentary. But I have a soft spot for the DG character.

Talking of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, I also have a soft spot for Colin, but that's nothing to do with tea, whether almost entirely like or almost entirely unlike it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hroth said:

The East India Company. Discuss.

Sports studies exam question:

Which sport should be removed from the Olympics?: Discus.

Regards

Nick

Edited by NIK
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 10

22 hours ago, Hroth said:

DA had a thing about tea, but if you do mention it, peoples minds naturally gravitate to thoughts of the Nutrimatic drinks dispenser, created by the infamous Sirius Cybernetics Corporation...

Almost, but not quite...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1