RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, NIK said:

Essex Council deny that they are filling in pot holes near Rod Stewart's house because he threatened to sing to them.

'You are failing, you are failing, road too bumpy, for my sports car ....  and for me'.

Followed by 'The first rut is the deepest'

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 6

On 13/03/2022 at 23:11, RJS1977 said:

A friend of mine used to take a layout to shows in Germany, along with an operating crew.

On one occasion, they'd gone out for a meal after the show and after they'd eaten, one of the group went to the toilet, which was in the basement. In front of him were three doors, one with 'DAMEN' on it, one with 'HERREN' on it, and one with nothing written on it at all. As he didn't know any German, and didn't want to embarrass himself, he tried the door with no writing on it. Only after the door had closed behind him, did he discover that it was the broom cupboard, and there was no handle on the inside....

(This was the start of a very much longer story, which I don't fancy typing out right now).

And now - the conclusion:

There was however, another door on the other side of the cupboard, which he was able to open. This took him into a long corridor with rooms either side, eventually ending in a staircase, which he climbed, and brought him out in a supermarket - which was shut! The only people present were two Polish cleaning ladies. Naturally, he didn't speak Polish either, and they didn't speak English, but somehow he was able to explain to them that he'd come from a restaurant. They let him out and pointed him in the direction of a restaurant, but it was the wrong one! Fortunately the manager of that restaurant spoke English and was able to point him the right way.

Of course, by the time he'd rejoined the group, they'd sent someone looking for him, who popped back up shortly after he got back and said the first man was nowhere to be seen. The first man then recounted his story. When he'd finished someone said,"Now we're all together, can we go back to the hotel?"

The first man replied. "No. I haven't been yet!"

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

7 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I went to see a Spanish magician last night. He said he was going to do a disappearing act. 

"Uno...Dos..." and Bang!

He vanished without a Tres

Jim

What do you call a Spanish driver whose who has had his motor stolen?:

Carlos

Edited by NIK
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

A young couple dies on their way to their wedding

On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple were involved in a fatal car accident. The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting they began to wonder; Could they possibly get married in Heaven? When St. Peter arrived they asked him if they could get married in Heaven. St. Peter said, 'I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out,' and he left. The couple sat and waited for an answer.... for a couple of months.

While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were allowed to get married in Heaven, should they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all? What if it doesn't work? Are we stuck in Heaven together forever?' Another month passed. St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled. Yes,' he informed the couple, 'You can get married in Heaven.' 'Great!' said the couple.

'But we were just wondering; what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?' St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the ground. 'What's wrong?' asked the frightened couple. 'OH, COME ON!!!' St. Peter shouted. 'It took me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take to find a lawyer?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

6 hours ago, peanuts said:

BREAKING NEWS

Today on St Patricks day a book has been discovered in a Dublin cellar that will change Irish Dancing forever

It's called Irish Dancing. Volume 2. What to do with your arms.

Volume 3 deals with the music...

• Funny 6

14 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Covid Lateral tests are aiming to enter the comedy world, with many a smile, for their great one-liners.....     :yahoo:

I'm just about to see if I've got a faint positive or a one-liner.

Tested positive for the first time in two years last Saturday and I've had a miserable week of it. :(

Update: Faint positive, to be expected...  Not out of the woods yet, but the trees are thinning out!

Another update.. The positive matured into a substantial line, so the thinning trees are just a clearing...:(

Edited by Hroth
Updates, updates...
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Tested positive for the first time in two years last Saturday and I've had a miserable week of it. :(

Me too, positive on Tuesday. 

Hope you’re negative quickly. 

Andi

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

42 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

You are not isolated examples from what I've seen - several of my acquaintance are testing positive having avoided covid for the last two years.

Just goes to show that government policy wrt the pandemic is at home in this thread.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Update: Faint positive, to be expected...  Not out of the woods yet, but the trees are thinning out!

59 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Hope you’re negative quickly. 

Andi

Much sympathy from here, too.  My good lady caught a dose of the C-word, last week travelling home on the train from work on London.  She has had a number of cold like symptoms and lack of taste / smell, so the rest of the family have been testing since.  Being limited to space in the house, because of one very vulnerable member, I suspect that avoiding it may be unlikely and depends on how well the vaccinations work.

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

• Friendly/supportive 7

35 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

depends on how well the vaccinations work.

The vaccinations reduce the chance of hospitalisation or worse. I've had all three and I still got it. The problem is that folk are not testing, or are ignoring test results and are going out. Because they won't wear a mask because they're not mandated any more...

Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

i went for a job interview last week - they described it as a demanding role.

then they asked me how well i could perform under pressure ...

... i thought for a moment, and said i wasn't sure ...

.. but i could do a really good version of bohemian rhapsody.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

2 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Of all the toilets in all the world, you had to walk into mine. :o

Of all the toilets in the world, you had to chalk onto mine.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Not with mine you don't; she is more than capable of berating me for ignoring and agreeing with her, which gets us back to square one for round 2...

You need to learn to mulitask. That way you can listen to her and ignore her at the same time.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1