Farnley Burton - No Progress, but I am building a house

freebs

• RMweb Gold

Quotes from Wikipedia:

"As a popular foliage houseplant (particularly in British boarding houses), Aspidistra elatior became popular in late Victorian Britain, and was so commonplace that it became a symbol of middle class values."

"Aspidistras were immune to the effects of gas used for lighting in the Victorian era (other plants and flowers withered or yellowed), which might account for their popularity."

No trying to think whether seats on rollers would have been in in the notional earliest point for my railway.  Having looked at Wiki it suggests Thomas Jefferson invented a version so suspect so.

I know the Anglepoise lamp was. I have a cunning plan for my office!

No trying to think whether seats on rollers would have been in in the notional earliest point for my railway.  Having looked at Wiki it suggests Thomas Jefferson invented a version so suspect so.

I know the Anglepoise lamp was. I have a cunning plan for my office!

Arrrgh! Lamps and chairs???

Looking forward to seeing your plan :)

Lee

Oh... :O This filing cabinet looks really impressive... Though... Can't wait to see it painted and with a file resting on the open drawer... :whistle:

As for the locker, I really think I'll make one for my next OO building... and I'll be sure to let the office door open so it can be perfectly visible...

Oh, I was thinking, for the Teapot, should be easy to make one. Find a small plastic pearl (from a kid toy jewelry kit), sand the base a bit, then with "Sprue", create the handle and the "hose". Will try that later this WE, I think... If it works, I'll post some pictures !

And I definitely agree with you, Freebs, I may be quite a swine sometimes... :biggrin_mini2: But I love so much being challenging, even more with myself ! :imsohappy:

Being serious, though, your work is really impressive !

Eric.

• Like 1

:O :o :O Yikes, he did it !!!!!  :good:  The result is really impressive. That makes me think that the motto of the RAF can easily be applied to railway modelling when I see your work : Per Ardua ad Astra !

I'll make my open-door-ed interior-clothed shelf-helmeted locker interior (pfew, that was a long name for it... :laugh: ) this Week-end and will send pics asap.

Keep up the good work,

Eric.

• RMweb Gold

That's what I call interactive modelling. People ask for something and hours later you've done it! Very impressive, especially as it looks brilliant.

I'm looking forward to the roof trusses (odd sentence!), so we had better give you a break Lee and not ask for a whisky flask stuck down the back of a drawer.

Edited by Mikkel

That's what I call interactive modelling. People ask for something and hours later you've done it! Very impressive, especially as it looks brilliant.

I'm looking forward to the roof trusses (odd sentence!), so we had better give you a break Lee and not ask for a whisky flask stuck down the back of a drawer.

Thanks Mikkel - I've just made one  (using my simple jig) - just waiting for the glue to dry and I'll try and post a picture.

I've reckoned I need 6, so with that one and the test half a truss I made last night - that's four to go!

• Like 1

Here we go - freshly delivered and propped up against the Office wall...

post-15693-0-85356400-1386346353.jpg

Made from coffee stirrers and glued together with wood glue

Now the stirrers are only about 1.5mm thick, and 7mm wide, so what I've done is trim down the stirrers to 4mm wide (for the cross beams) and 3mm for the bracing beams, then laminate two strips together to make a thicker beam. Once glued, these are then sanded down to hide the join where possible, then using a template I've plotted out, the angles are cut and the framework glued together .

Edited by freebs