Freemo Modules Kipling Foods & Sunnydale Industrial area

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

It's some offcuts from the 9mm ply cut for the frame, I decided it would mean I won't have to worry if the board gets dropped on the warehouse! ;)

I've clad it in Wills corrugated siding with cardboard strip for the concrete rendered lower base. It's all glued on with some 'evil' auto epoxy I had spare so shouldn't go anywhere.

Needs the roofs gluing in once the insides are painted and then plastic cladding on the wall tops adding. It will be painted in situ with spray paint. I doubt it will be detailed and weathered for Armitage but it should be fairly imposing and it will definitely be an actual functioning warehouse! :)

• RMweb Gold

With actual, functioning cake? :)

Is there another type? I don't want this fake news hysteria spreading to fake cake . . .

Not for very long

You're right I need a bigger layout ;) Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

A bit of basic weathering on the track and warehouse pad. I'll get it ballasted too but won't have time to do too much more as I'm off to Germany for a few days first ;)

Sunnydale mk2 HO build

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Apart from the airbrushing isolating one point blade at the pivot it performed well and the contents of the warehouse were popular ;)

The Bourbon truck made an appearance but unlike the cakes that shifted fast it was still there at the end of the day, win to Mr Kipling there.

Freemo USA 2018 Armitage

Freemo USA 2018 Armitage

Mr Kipling, the Trackmobile moves into action, with the Duke brothers watching.

Freemo USA 2018 Armitage

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

How did you get those rails into the road in the last picture? Modeling clay?

In fact the whole road surface, really. (I need to tackle that soon and there's as many different answers as there are times to look it up).

It's just plaster mixed with a good dollop of pva glue to stop it cracking, and a bit of black paint to take the whiteness out of it.

I spread it on with a bit of scrap plastic and then smooth it by dabbing it gently with a 1 inch brush that is nicely wetted, (have a pot of water to hand to keep it wet and prevent the plaster sticking top the brush). If I want pristine tarmac I tend to make sides with cork strips that I can then run a flat edge along to skim the surface completely flat. the cork can be chamfered off to form the grassy side or buried in a slope.

I did the flangeways with another plastic offcut with notches for the rails so the rails stand slightly proud and cleaning the track doesn't scuff the surface. It's then painted and weathered with emulsion tester pots.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

With the 2022 FreemoSouth approaching I decided to (a) find all the bits after two years and (b) weather up a few cars I’d not got around to. 

Freemo USA 2018 Armitage

Workbench

Workbench

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2