Freemo Modules Kipling Foods & Sunnydale Industrial area

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Well I liked that big warehouse on Ray's latest layout and then after finding the damage I was perusing the latest MR planning and rather liked the industrial spur and big warehouse so I thought that would make a nice standalone that could be expanded to include some more spurs at either end. So this would be the bottom of the U shape with foot wide boards going off on the opposite side to the big warehouse. I've drawn it full size and added a road on the front edge so Spikes Scrap may become a sort of team track for general unloading like I've seen on a few spurs online.

Well I liked that big warehouse on Ray's latest layout and then after finding the damage I was perusing the latest MR planning and rather liked the industrial spur and big warehouse so I thought that would make a nice standalone that could be expanded to include some more spurs at either end. So this would be the bottom of the U shape with foot wide boards going off on the opposite side to the big warehouse. I've drawn it full size and added a road on the front edge so Spikes Scrap may become a sort of team track for general unloading like I've seen on a few spurs online.

Looking forward to seeing one of your drawn-out plans.

Edited by shortliner

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sunnydale 2 is now set up and track going down so will be running in plenty of time for the Armitage meet. I've just ordered the cladding for the big warehouse too.

Apart form the new ply sheet cut up for the boards all the legs and other bits have been recycled from Sunnydale mk1. What surprised me most was I managed to get all 5 points up with no damage!

Hopefully something worth showing later in the week ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm still playing with the ideas for extending this as I liked the push jobs of Sunnydale 1. I'm thinking of board that go on at 90° with a point to take long sidings to several units, sort of the equivalent of the Gellar and Whedon spurs on mk1 but with this bigger central section. That also leaves the option to put them side by side on either end to give more variations. The initial spurs will be small enough so I can set it up at home but then could be cheaply extended for meets. I kept all the Sunnydale buildings so they could be reused on those. Only real issue is the 'full fat' bigger version probably won't fit in the car plus the 45° boards I usually take so I might have to think more on the existing boards I built to give more run. ;) it's sooooo complicated ;)

• RMweb Gold

I've got a slight tight spot on the nearer curve with the 57ft reefers so I must have mucked up a bit. They go round so I thought I better try some six axle traction just in case!

It goes beautifully :) I think I got away with it by removing the nails and evening it out, I should have redrawn the 2ft radius on top of the card!

post-6968-0-95882400-1535228858_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just drilling the holes for the point switches and then final wiring up :)

Hoping to get the ground cover on and clad the warehouse this week.

attachicon.gifIMG_7066.JPG

Nice idea to "stagger" the rear baseboard. It may prove to be a solution to an idea I have.......

Cheers,

Mick

I've got a slight tight spot on the nearer curve with the 57ft reefers so I must have mucked up a bit. They go round so I thought I better try some six axle traction just in case!

It goes beautifully :) I think I got away with it by removing the nails and evening it out, I should have redrawn the 2ft radius on top of the card!

IMG_7069.JPG

I'll be sure to use my 2-10-0 on it when the opportunity presents itself, then ;)
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

These are the concepts for the additional boards which as the lighter sections show can be extended as required.

post-6968-0-88111800-1535355720.jpg

And they can be attached either way round, either side or side by side.

post-6968-0-66172500-1535355725.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

It gets done while I'm waiting for paint to dry. I volunteered to paint up a Lima HST for a friends lad who was desperate for a GW one in green. Needless to say his Mum n Dad baulked at the Hornby prices ;) Had some early NG locos painted by Dads friend so now passing on the favour 30 odd years later!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Right, time to add the scenic now I have the static grass machine back from a mate! There was another project to help out a friend whose lad asked for a GW HST for his birthday. Third the cost of a Hornby one and I get paid in cake for my time to repaint it, his wife makes cakes professionally and is really rather good at it :)

post-6968-0-83932800-1536314079_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-57286900-1536314078_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-38804200-1536314077_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-01398300-1536314081_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3