Freemo Modules Kipling Foods & Sunnydale Industrial area

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Polyfilla with some pva glue mixed in, slows down drying and limits cracks. Spread on with a credit card size piece and then a couple of nicks cut in the side to smooth it out and leave the rails just proud of the surface.

• RMweb Gold

Ballast drying on the last board :) think I'll set up the yard tomorrow and test it again before I start details.
Last technical bit to do is to attach the plug for the yard power to the Freemo board.
Then I can spend Wednesday and Thursday faffing with buildings and details. Won't be finished but it will give a reasonable impression of finished ;)

post-6968-0-44261200-1405077313.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Moving quickly between tufts of grass I came up with this sophisticated mod to my static sieve.

Available from all good coffee shops ;) less risk than damping down large areas.

post-6968-0-05454100-1404212288.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well apart from one point switch that appears to be isolated by glue on one side IT WORKS! :)

Easy solution will be to swap out the switch later as I have spares.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Day out today plus a short shift at work later but I did pick up some figures so it doesn't look like a ghost town now. Just need to make up some plates to stack the boards in the car sort out the kadees and I'm ready :)

• RMweb Gold

Z21 does do consisting, it was in the last update ;) requires a bit of setup but it's there.

I've got several locos just none dcc fitted yet. They are waiting for sound decoders and that money is being spent on another layout at present as it's intended for shows and will spend more time set up at home. I did consider borrowing their decoders but as they have custom UK files it would have meant sending them away for a reblow to get the sounds back.

Day out today plus a short shift at work later but I did pick up some figures so it doesn't look like a ghost town now.

I'm having trouble finding all my figures. I must have put them somewhere safe so it looks like my portion will be a bit like the Marie Celeste!

• RMweb Gold

Same here as I only thought about adding some people last night.

We can all pretend its the weekend and all these industries are shut, so we can all go down the pub :good_mini:

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

Just spotted this. Very nice. One common UK to US translation issue though, you have the Sunnydale Produce Centre sign with the UK spelling of Centre. Should Be Center for the USofA.

• RMweb Gold

Just spotted this. Very nice. One common UK to US translation issue though, you have the Sunnydale Produce Centre sign with the UK spelling of Centre. Should Be Center for the USofA.

Doh, I spelt it the US way and then spell checked so must have done it then!!!! The name board now corrected thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just an update with the pictures from the Freemo meet, The layout worked! Plenty of detailing to do now and I got some security fencing on monday to go up round the Whedon siding.

14404613308_2136dc27ed_b.jpg

14568244456_fb490b81f1_b.jpg

14568247146_1fcff2a24b_b.jpg

14404686809_7f486967be_b.jpg

14589407204_86f183f115_b.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well it was nice that you said about it so I could see straight off :) Appears to have just been the chip overheating as it trundles around quite happily still after we rested it, it had been on the track for hours so it's something to watch with this little machine.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the parts of the layout and it was nice to have a play on Fort Myers after seeing it at shows in the past too.