Inspection Saloon

Chameleon

• RMweb Gold

I managed to purchase a blue and grey inspection saloon yesterday from Ian Allan in Birmingham and the detail and finish is superb ok it was at full RRP £59.99 but to be honest I think it's worth it for a one off type of carriage and also the fact it's a whole train I won't need a rake of them and it'll fit in within my next layout idea perfectly.

• Like 1

I agree, John. 'Tis strange, but not unheard of of late. I'm sure recently (I can't remember specifically which) items have been released and in the shops, only for Bachmann's own website to show that they were 'due in the next 30 days'.

Hi Dan,

be careful with the intended respray as I think by the time the Inter-City livery was applied, the heater vents had been installed, which I do not think are included on the Bachmann model.

cheers

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I've just been emailed by Hattons stating my preordered blue-grey version has been charged for - so they're in stock in Liverpool. Preorder price was £42.50. Looking forward to getting this model on my layout, will get a trip out first behind one of my Bath Road class 25/1s.

Neil

I've just been emailed by Hattons stating my preordered blue-grey version has been charged for - so they're in stock in Liverpool. Preorder price was £42.50. Looking forward to getting this model on my layout, will get a trip out first behind one of my Bath Road class 25/1s.

Neil

Me too, at £42.50, just as I'm thinking of changing to a large scale garden railway.  It won't happen though. :senile:

Just received an email from Hattons...

"When this item, viewable at http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=60819
and you have an order for 1 of, on order id XXXXXXXX

was added to our system the RRP had not been announced by Bachmann, and so the price which pre-orders were accepted at was estimated. This item is due into stock soon and the RRP has been announced as £59.95. As a result, and due to Bachmann's pricing policy, if you have a pre-order for this item we have had to increase the price from £42.50 to £50.96 as was stated in our advertisements."

...and asking if I want to cancel my order.

Edited by Free At Last

Just received an email from Hattons...

"When this item, viewable at http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=60819

and you have an order for 1 of, on order id XXXXXXXX

was added to our system the RRP had not been announced by Bachmann, and so the price which pre-orders were accepted at was estimated. This item is due into stock soon and the RRP has been announced as £59.95. As a result, and due to Bachmann's pricing policy, if you have a pre-order for this item we have had to increase the price from £42.50 to £50.96 as was stated in our advertisements."

...and asking if I want to cancel my order.

I've just been informed by Hatton's that my order for one (B/G) has been dispatched at the original price of £42.50.

Hi, yes, my order for a blue and grey one has been charged to my card at £42.50, I got free postage too, and is shipped, I have the tracking number.  I go on holiday first thing, so it will be another 10 days before I get a look at it and no doubt find out about all the deficiencies by being subscribed to this thread!  Be good to each other.  :wink_mini:

Alun

I think Hattons changed their stance when Bachmann withdrew their expected price so preorders before that are honoured but those after were subject to the well let you know clause.

That sounds sensible, but I ordered mine a good while after the price hike.

Alun