Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition

ELTEL

Just finishing the final checks on Empingham before loading for the journey there tomorrow. The team are looking forward to what looks like a great show. 

CAT

Given the state of the motorways today, I'd opt for an early start tomorrow.

Bill

considering we probably have the shortest journey of all the visiting layouts, we're setting off quite early!

"Gresley Beat" are likely to be the first arrivals tomorrow morning.

Everything is all set at the hotels and the pub for the week-end - the pub manager has issued his challenge for our guests to empty the extra SIX barrels now in his cellar waiting for customers. The weather looks as though it's not going to be too cold - some rain later tomorrow; drier on Saturday and even Sunny Intervals on Sunday. Be careful when parking on the grassy areas as some spots are clearly likely to be a problem. The road works on the A518 near the Showground have had the traffic lights taken away this week and traffic was moving much easier out of town towards the venue this afternoon.

• RMweb Premium

BCB being loaded tonight ready for arrival at the county showground at 9am tomorrow. Hope it doesn't rain/snow/other....

BCB is indeed loaded and in the club hire van, and will arrive on site at the Showground at 09:00 in the morning ready for the BCB and SRC lads to unload

A thank you to the all the local BCB team tonight for all turning out helping to load the van, and a thank you in advance for the help you all giving tomorrow morning in setting up the venue for the exhibition.

Thanks

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Last few pieces of the BCB jigsaw will be arriving shortly - I bet the Staffs Finescale advance party are already in the pub!

Weather

Currently: grey and wet

Tomorrow: light rain and a little warmer

Sunday: drier and warmer (dare I say it the forecast actually says "sunny")

Last few pieces of the BCB jigsaw will be arriving shortly - I bet the Staffs Finescale advance party are already in the pub!

Weather

Currently: grey and wet

Tomorrow: light rain and a little warmer

Sunday: drier and warmer (dare I say it the forecast actually says "sunny")

Is the weather in Stafford better than Stoke, freezing cold and buckets of rain

See you shortly

• RMweb Premium

15:30 Friday 31/1

All going to plan, although little wet.

Please take care when parking over the weekend a heed the advice of stewards on parking.

It is likely that we will have to use the car park over the road again this year as you can imagine the ground is saturated.

Only a five minute walk

Hope the above update helps

Terry

I bet the Staffs Finescale advance party are already in the pub!

And so they were; at least it meant we got some work done before the carpentry display team started performing. ;)

I must say the quality of the layouts set up by tonight is very high; hopefully everyone will enjoy the weekend.

My locos are prepped and ready (A1 and A4). Will be leaving the house at 5.30am to hopefully be there around 8.30am to help on Gresley Beat. Will be appropriately wearing LNER attire. :)

Living only 10 miles away...I shall be going later this morning........but believe me, ELTEL is not kidding about the weather.

Its beautiful blue sky....hardly a cloud to be seen.....glorious.!!!

Looking forward to a really good day out.

Bob.

I always used to look forward to this exhibition when I was a youngster and I still do now.

When I returned to the hobby a few years ago, l was delighted to see that my home town's exhibition had not only survived when many others had disappeared, but was positively thriving.

Looks like a good line up again. See you all tomorrow.

Andy

....very enjoyable chaps...great way to spend 2-3 hours on a Saturday morning.

Good cross-section of layouts in the 3 halls with a nice range of trade support...I topped up with Carrs red label and a couple of sets of pliers with useful shaped jaws.

Enjoyed catching up with a few other modellers and seeing the progress on various favourite layouts.

Worth the £9 entrance fee.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Excellent show as always and able to obtain everything I wanted on my shopping list too!

Well done to everyone for all your efforts arranging the exhibition - oh and BCB is simply stunning!

A really enjoyable day from a personal perspective where I've had chance to stay in civvies and play trains co-operating at one end of BCB for a good period today. We did have a few issues caused by temperature changes from storage to show conditions affecting the sector plates but 'out front' it performed pretty well; a testament to Geoff's trackwork and electrics as any stalls were due to operator error or mucky wheels.

I know it was busy, apparently the entrance queue took 45 mins to get in the doors and I didn't hear any grumbles from any visitors; a job well done by the club. Roll on tomorrow. :)

So is it better to arrive nice and early and beat the rush, or leave it a bit later and wait for the queue to die down?

Sunday's quieter so my strategy would be to arrive about 10.20 and get straight in without waiting in the cold and just crack on.

Archived