Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition

ELTEL

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to the show as ever, I will be assisting Mike Wild of Hornby Magazine with his layout St Stephen's Road (which I note is not included in the layout list above but is part of the Hornby Magazine stand) I look forward to saying hello to other Rmweb members.  

• RMweb Premium

Does the response imply the answer is less than zero?

Bill

No it means I have not checked this site and I will need to get verification from the Exhibition Manager

Regards

Terry

I am looking forward to the show as ever, I will be assisting Mike Wild of Hornby Magazine with his layout St Stephen's Road (which I note is not included in the layout list above but is part of the Hornby Magazine stand) I look forward to saying hello to other Rmweb members.  

Graham, St Stephen's Road is very much part of the exhibition and is included on the official website http://www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibition.php as are all the other layouts and traders. As I am responsible for the exhibition electrical cabling to enable you all to play trains I trust that those bringing layouts will be checking their own cables/power supplies/lighting rigs so we don't get any circuits tripping as I would like to be able to have a relaxing weekend (some hope!).

Regards,

Ian (Sparks'rUs)

• RMweb Premium

Does the response imply the answer is less than zero?

Bill

In answer to you're question is that anyone under 18, as long as they are accompanied will be admitted for £1.00

As a club we are committed to try encourage younger people to Model Railways in the hope that they will take a interest model railways and perhaps join there local model railway club and promote the hobby for future generations.

Trust this answers your question and you take the opportunity to bring a under 18 to the exhibition.

Kind regards

Terry

In answer to you're question is that anyone under 18, as long as they are accompanied will be admitted for £1.00

As a club we are committed to try encourage younger people to Model Railways in the hope that they will take a interest model railways and perhaps join there local model railway club and promote the hobby for future generations.

Trust this answers your question and you take the opportunity to bring a under 18 to the exhibition.

Kind regards

Terry

I wonder if I could pass for 18 if I arrive wearing short trousers ;-)

• RMweb Premium

Bump only 5 Days to go to visit the 2014 Stafford Railway Circles Exhibition

www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk for full details including free travel from Stafford railway station.

FIRST BCB appearance in the West Midlands

Eltel

Since when has Stafford been in the West Midlands. :jester:

Whenever there's a regional lumping together on websites etc we always get lumped in with you lot. ;) We have neither the financial clout, pull on government or distinctive identity to campaign for devolution (the truth is we probably couldn't be *rsed); you're welcome to the money pit that is the old Black Country in terms of the public purse whilst we'll quietly get on with enjoying one of the most varied and overlooked counties in the kingdom. ;)

I wonder if I could pass for 18 if I arrive wearing short trousers ;-)

Some of us would pay your entry fee if you did !

Since when has Stafford been in the West Midlands. :jester: See you Sunday. :imsohappy:

BBC Midlands News seems to think so! Has reports as far north as Port Vale FC, when It suits them. They have covered the NHS problems at Stafford assiduously. 

I'm expecting to go on Saturday.

• RMweb Gold

Glossop is classed as East Midlands by the government because it is in Derbyshire although we are to the west of much of the West Midlands and north of some of the North west.

We get our television from Lancashire, most of our public transport goes to Manchester, our other roads go to Yorkshire, and our local council services are shared with Staffordshire Moorlands.  

The house in Birmingham where I was born historically lay in Staffordshire about 100 yards from the Worcestershire border but was transferred to Warwickshire in 1891.

• RMweb Gold

i've seen crewe classed as the west mids too, its a bit of a weird one though as to me its neither the midlands nor the north west in my eyes!

as for the show, i'm off at the weekend so will get over at some point, best part is its payday friday and as i get paid 13 times a year (4 weekly pay) this coming month is my free mortgage month so i will have extra spends, yay!!

i've seen crewe classed as the west mids too, its a bit of a weird one though as to me its neither the midlands nor the north west in my eyes!

as for the show, i'm off at the weekend so will get over at some point, best part is its payday friday and as i get paid 13 times a year (4 weekly pay) this coming month is my free mortgage month so i will have extra spends, yay!!

Its a very simple location that Crewe, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Uttoxeter find themselves in..........all are North Midlands.

Any other towns and cities wishing to join, please send me your application. :jester:

I'm off to the show on the Sunday this year....never been to many shows on the Sunday...looking forward to it.

• RMweb Gold

Bump only 5 Days to go to visit the 2014 Stafford Railway Circles Exhibition

www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk for full details including free travel from Stafford railway station.

FIRST BCB appearance in the West Midlands

Eltel

That isn't strictly correct because it previously appeared at Member's Day in Stafford - so actually this is it's first appearance in 'that part of the world' in public and in a completed and operational state.  (well if folk want to get all pedantic about geography I can get all pedantic about about something else - and I always thought Stafford as in the north because as far as the train I intend to be on is concerned it's on an equal latitude with the old Northern Division of the GWR).  

See you on Saturday all being well

Hello

Wherever you are holding the show we shall try and find it. This is the first appearance of John Norton and I's new layout 'Towcester' as a finished item.

Cheers

George 

• RMweb Premium

Just as well, don't want a repeat of the other year .....

See you Friday afternoon for setting up of Orchard Road !!!!

We do not talk of the other year

Move on

• RMweb Premium

STAFFORD RAILWAY CIRCLE EXHIBITION UPDATE TUESDAY 28th FEBRUARY

A additional trader has been added to the list

POWERBOND ADHESIVES

Full details of all Layouts, Demonstrators and Traders can be found on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

Don't forget if you are coming by train to Stafford a complimentary preserved bus service operates between the railway station and the exhibition on both days.

Bus times are on our website and a copy of the timetable will be in the station foyer together SRC stewards

Archived