RMweb

Prototype for everything corner.

i cant remember the place or railway name, i think it was french, NG railway running along a street which turns a corner cutting through the building on the corner on the street

Since i dont where to look for the pics ive drawin it for you

Also been done with standard gauge in the US in an indstrial area, but I can't remember where. Possibly amongst warehouses in a dock area.

• RMweb Gold

The Kenny Belle shuttle from Olympia to Clapham Junction regularly ran with 2 white bars.  On one of the last runs with 33 the driver kindly put the proper '20' headcode up for me.  I can only assume in this case it was either because the train made several round trips and the drivers were allowed to use what busmen call 'lazy blinds' or the fact that '20' was also the headcode for a Victoria-Gatwick working which would have run through CJ at the same time but on diferent roads

15197866701_cb95aafef5_z.jpg33116 by Steve Thorpe, on Flickr

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found a useful bridge for those needing a double track scenic break, whilst not wanting a sector plate or similar to be easily visible under the bridge when viewed from the side:

post-28743-0-76372600-1494783583_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-39480900-1494783604_thumb.jpg

The bridge is on the Wirral Trail near Parkgate (former Hooton to West Kirby line iirc). The centre support bricks are somewhat newer than those of the rest of the bridge so may not have been like this when the line was in use, maybe someone can confirm?

Either way, on a layout, who's to say BR wouldn't adopt a similar method?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Found a useful bridge for those needing a double track scenic break, whilst not wanting a sector plate or similar to be easily visible under the bridge when viewed from the side:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170514_172642.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170514_172719.jpg

The bridge is on the Wirral Trail near Parkgate (former Hooton to West Kirby line iirc). The centre support bricks are somewhat newer than those of the rest of the bridge so may not have been like this when the line was in use, maybe someone can confirm?

There are similar supports under some of the bridges on the Middlewood Way, formerly the Macclesfield, Bollington and Marple Railway. I assume they were put there after the line closed to avoid having to rebuild the bridge to take heavier traffic.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170514_172642.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170514_172719.jpg

This was generally done after the railway closed to strengthen the bridge, sometimes because the bridge had structural issues or due to heavier than originally designed for road vehicles.

There is a nice double arch bridge at Ponthir, a few miles out of Newport on the North & West route, as can be seen in the photo in the link below.

https://flic.kr/p/e8UJxE

Paul J.

Being moved to a depot or works, looks to only be a portion of the unit. The wagons before and after will be special barrier wagons too.

• RMweb Premium

Being moved to a depot or works, looks to only be a portion of the unit. The wagons before and after will be special barrier wagons too.

325s have normal buffers/drawgear and have been regularly hauled without the need for any special barrier wagons.

For example

In Jack's linked picture, it is coupled using buffers to the intermodal flat.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

325s have normal buffers/drawgear and have been regularly hauled without the need for any special barrier wagons.

For example

In Jack's linked picture, it is coupled using buffers to the intermodal flat.

Cheers,

Mick

When they were first introduced I did some clearance work for the signalling systems off the electrified lines in the Manchester area for these units to be loco-hauled during engineering work. IIRC there was a worry about track circuit interference due to the way the on-board electrical equipment was wired between coaches.

• RMweb Gold

There are original twin arch bridges over double track where the Belfast Central Railway is crossed by the Ormeau Road and by the Donegal Road.

Here is the Donegal Road example. Photo by Matthew Wilson.

post-158-0-12034300-1495361239_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

It also shows quite clearly the miniature buffers, presumably to provide some protection to the frame in the event of colliding with something else equipped with buffers...

I've sometimes wondered how much work was required when they did fit buffers to some power cars.

Perhaps not all that much, looking at that.