Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Prototype for everything corner.

It's not carrying the Queen's lighting either though, just the 3 above the buffer beam. Whatever that means/meant.

The centre lamp is the hi viz lamp as required for steam to operate on the mainline.

• RMweb Gold

3 above the buffer beam, with the one in the middle being the high vis headlight and the other two being the correct class 1 loco headcode lights, is a kind of correct, isn't it, Mike?  I'm probably wrong because I do not fully understand the function of a hi-viz headlight on a steam hauled train, I mean, I understand the requirement for the hi-viz light, but not the headcode implications, if any, of it, if that makes sense...

Cracking exposure on a dull day, though!

'Kind of correct' sums it up I agree.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

3 above the buffer beam, with the one in the middle being the high vis headlight and the other two being the correct class 1 loco headcode lights, is a kind of correct, isn't it, Mike?  I'm probably wrong because I do not fully understand the function of a hi-viz headlight on a steam hauled train, I mean, I understand the requirement for the hi-viz light, but not the headcode implications, if any, of it, if that makes sense...

Well I would have thought the headcode implications of a hi-vis light are absolutely nothing - they come from different eras.

There was a time that the pattern of lights on the front of a train meant something about the service it was operating but not now.

Whether you interpret the high visibility light which trains now carry as part of a headcode which is now operationally meaningless is - I would say - up to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Got an odd one today - class 318 headed south through York under it's own power. It's in the old cream and carmine livery. I believe they are being refurbished by Wabtec at Donny so I presume it was on its way there. Given that my 225 is being delayed by something slow in front of it I think I might be right.

Edit to add it is outside what is left of the works on the down side of the station.

Edited by Richard E

The sheep definitely don't tone in at all well with the train - maybe someone we know could respray them ;)

Hey they are Airfix sheep, totally unmoved! Theres even one lying down with one foot stuck out forward, and the one centre front either posing or asking what the f... are you looking at. :angel:

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hey they are Airfix sheep, totally unmoved! Theres even one lying down with one foot stuck out forward, and the one centre front eithe posing or asking what the f... are you looking at. :angel:

Paul

Mine are Bachmann, and do not have anything like the attitude of these feisty beasts!