Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Prototype for everything corner.

Bit of an odd display for my train yesterday, including a call at a non-existent station (South Kirkby Jn):

post-6971-0-84075500-1517131179.jpg

Interestingly, the working timetable timings (Realtimetrains screenshot below) included a stop there, presumably to let a faster train pass on the Doncaster-Leeds axis, although I couldn't work out what it would have been.

In the event, we stopped for a minute or so on the curve at S Kirkby Jn, then shot off to Fitzwilliam where we sat for over 5 mins waiting for time:

post-6971-0-73952000-1517131178.jpg

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 2

Bit of an odd display for my train yesterday, including a call at a non-existent station (South Kirkby Jn):

New station.jpg

Interestingly, the working timetable timings (Realtimetrains screenshot below) included a stop there, presumably to let a faster train pass on the Doncaster-Leeds axis, although I couldn't work out what it would have been.

In the event, we stopped for a minute or so on the curve at S Kirkby Jn, then shot off to Fitzwilliam where we sat for over 5 mins waiting for time:

New station 2.jpg

It'll be a timing or pathing stop, shown in the working timetable and driver's and possibly guards jobcards. We have one at Bestwood Junction on one of the evening Worksop services, to allow a service in the opposite direction to clear the single line to Kirkby in Ashfield.

Shouldn't appear on the public timetable though

• RMweb Gold

There are a few chiltern ‘local’ stopping services from Moor st to Leamington spa that are booked to pull into the passenger loop at dorridge for anything up to 10-15 minutes to allow cross country trains to pass

Just sorting some photos on the hard-drive and I found this grabbed pic.

Ah! The 1S32 16:00 Kings Cross - Aberdeen 1 hour down due to an air-conditioning fault in the leading cab of the HST If I remember correctly.

Probably the most photographed train in the UK on that day.

post-508-0-70068700-1517408838.jpg

P

• Like 9

56083 (Loadhaul)

+ 86222 (ex -Virgin)

+ 86xxx (Anglia)

+ 862xx (ex-Virgin)

+ Hoyer Containers

6th August 2003

My recollection is that the Class 86s were going to Immingham (Railfreight Terminal) for scrapping.

They came across on the Carlisle to Tees Yard "Hoyer" train one evening with some Tees Yard staff getting their own photos !!!

Cheers

Alan

post-4728-0-40477600-1517414201_thumb.jpg

post-4728-0-34089400-1517414218_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Is it possible that coaches 3 to infinity are coming round the curve and out of shot?

Chris

Don't think so, I reckon you'd see the shadow. Also there doesn't seem to be a turnout there, so no merging route.

The headcode lamp is for a stopping train, so likely it is a bona fide service.

ps tried looking round the back of the screen, but couldn't see a tail lamp :mosking:

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

Also there doesn't seem to be a turnout there, so no merging route.

There is a diverging turnout on the other track, but it looks as though the converging one is a tandem under the loco.

So I agree, no more coaches on the back.

Regards

Edited by Grovenor