Something a bit different, but still features weathering! :jester: A running video inspired by all this flooding we have been having lately, especially on the Somerset Levels. Set in the Mid 1950's, featuring the recently weathered Collett Goods out for a test run. :locomotive: To make it more period I have edited the video into Black and White, plus added some of my recording over the top to make it that much more realistic! Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

A bit of work in progress.

One of the wagons in this latest batch of stock is other Bachmann BR Grey 16 Tonner, which I made a start on today due to the awful weather down here (as featured in the video above). I started off by adding my sponged rust paint effect to the interior of the wagon, doors and part of the frame work. I then added the mixture of Matt Gloss Coat and Thinners to the body work to act as an adhesive for the powders. Here is the work so far. Next of the list is to give wagon a repaint into BR Grey, for removing patches to bring the rust through. As all way tell me what you think! :paint:  

post-20663-0-38981600-1392219007_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-23612300-1392219014_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-50411100-1392219021_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-30484500-1392219035_thumb.jpg

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 4

I still can't find the 'Gobsmacked' button! :O

Thanks again Matt! Still got a bit more work to do though one this one. Plus I have a Bachmann 45xx to complete and a Hornby 20 Ton Mineral Wagon. Once they are complete I will be a very happy man (Plus I hope the owner will be too)! :jester: I will also hope to get a video of them all in action, before they all head off home! :locomotive:

Thanks again Matt! Still got a bit more work to do though one this one. Plus I have a Bachmann 45xx to complete and a Hornby 20 Ton Mineral Wagon. Once they are complete I will be a very happy man (Plus I hope the owner will be too)! :jester: I will also hope to get a video of them all in action, before they all head off home! :locomotive:

Still got quite a lot to do then! Good luck mate!

btw, my 7F has turned up!

The latest weathering slideshow video featuring the Bachmann BR Standard 5MT. I feel she is my best work yet! :sungum:  Just hope I can keep up to this standard, as sadly the wagons I weathered today did not quite come out how I wanted it too :umbrage: . Hope you enjoy!

• RMweb Premium

Just hope I can keep up to this standard, as sadly the wagons I weathered today did not quite come out how I wanted it too :umbrage: . 

Callum

sometimes it just happens - leave them for a while then go back to them...

Callum

sometimes it just happens - leave them for a while then go back to them...

Thanks Barry. Was doing them all inside until this wagon. Since the 5MT I have had to move out to the shed, which is cold, damp and takes about half hour to set up before I get started (which includes getting an extension cord to the house, setting up the heater and taking all the materials out there). Sadly this now the only place I can do it now, and the cold and damp are not helping. Also by the time I have set up to get started I just can't be bothered, running in and out of the house. Oh well.

A bit of work in progress.

One of the wagons in this latest batch of stock is other Bachmann BR Grey 16 Tonner, which I made a start on today due to the awful weather down here (as featured in the video above). I started off by adding my sponged rust paint effect to the interior of the wagon, doors and part of the frame work. I then added the mixture of Matt Gloss Coat and Thinners to the body work to act as an adhesive for the powders. Here is the work so far. Next of the list is to give wagon a repaint into BR Grey, for removing patches to bring the rust through. As all way tell me what you think! :paint:  

i think the best attempt at weathering wagons of this type i have seen - fantastic job !

i think the best attempt at weathering wagons of this type i have seen - fantastic job !

Thanks you ever so much! Glad you think so! Still got to repaint her into grey yet and do the chassis, but hope to complete that all very soon! In the mean time here's some pictures of the three I completed in the last batch (if you have not seen them already :jester: ). index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Callum

• Like 3

Another work in progress. I recently have had to move out to the shed to do my weathering, which I feel has seemed to of effected the end results. It takes a good half hour now to get up before I can get start (which includes taking my work light, heater and chair out side, going back and forth with a power cord, to run the light and heater and then bring all the materials out). I would leave them in the shed, but it cold and damp and would effect the powders. Plus due to the cold it effects the Matt Varnish when Sprayed on the models, taking off to much of the tone I added. Anyway enough rambling, here is the first wagon weathered in the shed. Please tell me what you think of it so far. I have yet to add the grease build up to the buffers and reattach the couplers.

post-20663-0-01073100-1392627082_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-01699900-1392627089_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-21840500-1392627096_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Calum,

Lovely job on the Std 5. Just right and demonstrates a light touch.

Well done, mate.

Rob.

The second batch is now complete! :yahoo: Hope to upload some pictures of the latest two wagons and loco, which have been completed today! :sungum: I'm sure a running video will be coming, before they head of home. :locomotive:

Edited by SDJR7F88