• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eurostar, sounds by the legendary Legomanbiffo.

I have two standard round, enclosed speakers installed, one in each power car and was wondering if I may benefit from installing a couple of subwoofers also, or just replacing for subwoofers? The current speakers are very loud but a touch tinny. I've also drilled lots of holes in the chassis as per one of the excellent tutorials on here.

http://youtu.be/uT-aNqy_f7w

Edited by slipstream

Many thanks, Paul.

I have spoken to Bif and the improvements since are very minimal, not enough for the postage costs for a reblow. I'm hoping that he still has the raw footage and will, as you say, produce a set for V4. It's quite obvious the sounds, although on a V4 were made for V3.5.

I'm having major will slip because of the amount of coaches unfortunately, despite having both bogies powered. I've ordered some traction tyres as there are none fitted.

I don't know this model well.

Do the wheels have the groove to accept tyres? If not, the circumference will be increased, changing the road speed of the affected wheels and unbalance the bogie.

Kind regards,

Paul

From that, it would seem so, but all the Hornby models I have with traction tyres (not Eurostar) have a groove in which the tyre sits, maintining the normal circumference.

I can't advise more on this specific model, perhaps a question for Eurostar owners?

Kind regards,

Paul

Nice vids, Slipstream. Bif's sounds are very good, aren't they?

On a different note, I couldn't help noticing that the 3-car 4 CEP unit on one of the lines behind the locomotives has the composite coach marshalled the wrong way round. I say this not to nit-pick, but just in case you have difficulties with the lighting, as the connections are 'handed'. The coaches should be marshalled with the SO's toilet nearest the driving motor and the CK's first class section towards the SK (i.e. the centre of the unit).

• 1 month later...

ive had this a few months but having started a new layout my locos got put away until there next exhibition. . . so i thought is give it a good warming up before the show

its a biff 37 WH

Don't think Bif will be impressed with that video title !     -   "trash"  ;-))   seriously though it's a great sounding 37  - mine also get a good "thrashing"  !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

47642 Strathisla (with an excellent set of nameplates and crests from Shawplan) has a spin on my West Highland test layout.

It has a Zimo decoder with the latest sound files from Paul Chetter. Driving is realistic, as if you shut the power right off the loco will coast like the prototype. The F2 key enables the loco to brake. Takes a bit of getting used to, but is a lot of fun. A bit of a distraction from modelling which I should be cracking on with really!

https://youtu.be/mrOBcILDF98

Edited by MR PJ
  • Like 1