Troutons

enginelane

Last day at Warley and ideas on how to improve the depot and the stream under the bridge. Also looking to increase number of trains in the fiddle yard by looking at train lengths. What has worked well is the increased capacity on the industrial branch - onwards to NEC breakfast

Layout back in Clubrooms after 3 long days at Warley but an enjoyable experience. Thank you Warley for the invitation. Layout ran well throughout the weekend and lots of positive comments received as well as a number of invitations so can confirm that Troutons will be on the road in 2017 and 2018 as well as its 2016 commitments. Managed to get a better sequence of container trains out onto the mainline as the branch, increased number of trains in the fiddle yards and bought more steel strip carriers. The motorway gantry worked well, it seems to frame the entrance to the motorway bridge with the flashing road traffic car adding just the right touch of animation.

What to work on - coupling heights, lots of different owner stock means we need to do better at heights especially with kadee fitted stock, weights in stock to stop long vehicle wobble and of course not forgetting the temp track that extends the branch fiddle yard!

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Hi there, 

Saw Troutons at Warley, really enjoyed. Great set up , and plenty going on to look. Really enjoyed the variety of stock on show too , it was great to see some modern image amongst all the kettles ! Hope to catch the layout again at future shows ! 

Cheers

Marcus

P.S 

What shows are you booked for next year ?

Hi - confirmed Sheffield Wigan Wakefield

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morning to all RM Webbers and to all have a great Christmas and new year, its been a while again I know with regards to re sprays but have five Colas 60's on the go which some will feature on Troutons and on my own layout which is to start in the new year Burnroyd Works.

Please find the progress so far    

post-21149-0-63596900-1450686152.jpg

post-21149-0-35927300-1450686171.jpg

post-21149-0-09289800-1450686191.jpg

post-21149-0-72504000-1450686211.jpg

post-21149-0-12844800-1450686226.jpg

post-21149-0-20865400-1450686241.jpg

• Like 12

Morning to all RM Webbers and to all have a great Christmas and new year, its been a while again I know with regards to re sprays but have five Colas 60's on the go which some will feature on Troutons and on my own layout which is to start in the new year Burnroyd Works.

Please find the progress so far

Good to see the flyers came in handy for something - is it too early to plug Troutons returns to Wakefield Nov 2016

Windy old day as Frank storms into the UK. Hope it does not bring too much rain for those already affected. Spurred on by finding some kadee packets ( yes of course looking for something else at the time!) will be looking to fit to these steel carriers as although built sometime ago never made it running yet on the layout

post-9435-0-99341700-1451467950_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Windy old day as Frank storms into the UK. Hope it does not bring too much rain for those already affected. Spurred on by finding some kadee packets ( yes of course looking for something else at the time!) will be looking to fit to these steel carriers as although built sometime ago never made it running yet on the layout

Needs under set and all I have are over set - will have to have a think as if mount on the wagon may cause problems on the curves into the fiddleyard

there will be more 60's on show at Sheffield and not to keen on the new hat logo's but have to keep up with the times

just ready fro gloss varnish and then onto the decals once these are done will be then concentrating on my new private layout project" Burnroyd Works"

post-21149-0-51236000-1451729881.jpg

• Like 9