Bachmann & Farish news from Warley

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Nim that's just about the most detailed post I think I have seen even on here - many thanks

So post 67 - which is my period - forthcoming D211 is correct below the body

The roof rib you mention - is it the one spanning the gap between the cab rainstrip and the cantrail grilles at the cooler group end on here

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=d200+class+40&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=B45E828E82FECA633762F0D9F56D42E0C0697FF3&selectedIndex=41

But missing from here?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=class+40+diesel&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=class+40+diesel&sc=4-15&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=0CE305DB0A0CD15A1C7A53600A6FA37E48595442&selectedIndex=79

Kind regards

Phil

It's uncanny how threads get started unnoticed until they are several pages long. Anyway that Class 40 looks flippin' smashin' as does the Dukedog. Well okay, they are all fine models in 2mm and 4mm showcasing the best RTR can offer in 2013. The moulded hand stranchions on the Dukedog cab look just the part while retaining daylight behind them.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the photos Andy. 

The Merchant Navy looks fantastic. Hoping a rebuilt version follows in next years releases! 

Farish also had on display painted Duchess samples, which looked fantastic. I tried to get a photo but the rotating display they were on was moving so fast the poor iPhone couldn't focus quick enough!!

Tom. 

Nim that's just about the most detailed post I think I have seen even on here - many thanks

The roof rib you mention - is it the one spanning the gap between the cab rainstrip and the cantrail grilles at the cooler group end on here

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=d200+class+40&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=B45E828E82FECA633762F0D9F56D42E0C0697FF3&selectedIndex=41

But missing from here?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=class+40+diesel&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=class+40+diesel&sc=4-15&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=0CE305DB0A0CD15A1C7A53600A6FA37E48595442&selectedIndex=79

Kind regards

Phil

Bachmann are really upping the ante in the EP stakes, that first pic shows the CCT is well advanced too. Well done Barwell!!

Hope they replace that joke representation of coal in the Duke's tender...

Every one of the all newly tooled steam tenders since the Super D has had a specimen of this, it's the ballast weight cast into a representation of something unalike a coal heap. Just pops out and real black stuff goes in. I mourn the loss of the modelled coal space, consequent on some perceived demand for space in tenders for a loud speaker. Is there really more demand for inadequate sound provision than there is for realistic appearance?

What a shame they're not doing the Merchant Navy in 00 too!

Perhaps policy has changed, but the intent mentioned some years ago was to have both N and OO versions of everything produced; they might lead off in either scale.

But missing from here?

Kind regards

Phil

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, that is the strip in question.

While I'm here, I might as well mention that it is highly likely that the model bogie side plates are too far apart. A bogie built correctly to scale, even fitted with Exactoscale's commendably slim tyres, would have the pony tyres rubbing on any over-scale paint coating, on anything less than about a 4'6" curve, while the pony axle end on one side touched the front of its horn gap, with its opposite partner touching the rear of its gap. It's that tight!

The Nim.

• RMweb Premium

I was glad to see the Covhops coming on in N, though clearly not as advanced as the 00 models, since I fancy a couple to go behind the 31.  I can live with mild trenching on the latter (and will deploy filler if I can't) but I really need a decent unrefurbed blue 31 to go in the drawer with the rest of my stock for my projected opus.  Andy's pics of the Peds are welcome as they were tucked into the corner of the cabinet when I saw them and not that easy to view.

Wot no Deltics though (parp vroom :( ).

Class 40

attachicon.gif40_1s.jpg

Yes, there's a clearance necessity for curve and incline accommodation accounting for the bogie/body gap but from normal angles as seen below it's reasonable.

On the subject of bogie clearance, does anyone else think the Farish 37 samples have been lowered a bit compared to the original batches?

Farish also had on display painted Duchess samples, which looked fantastic. I tried to get a photo but the rotating display they were on was moving so fast the poor iPhone couldn't focus quick enough!!

I didn't even try but the Coleman 8Ps are looking excellent.  Any possibility of a cabinet raid tomorrow, Andy?

• RMweb Gold

Shame about the need for a speaker spoiling the tender innards, I certainly prefer to be able to vary the coal loads.

Looking at the photos of the polybulk, I think one of those will be my first modern purchase in a long while. Hopefully the duke dog is now almost in the shops...

• RMweb Gold

Ok I'll bite- what big announcement not seen anything mentioned in the press about an announcement (for the announcement)!!!

Me too...shan't sleep tonight.Ah,me,life is so full of expectations. Never mind,not only did I see Star yesterday,I actually reached out and touched it....and now The Barwell Magicians bring us gifts ? My cup runneth over!

Seriously liking that class 40 and the N Merchant Navy. Was D211 on the WCML on was it a GE machine?

Steve

Just had a shuftie at Roger Harris's allocations book Steve, D211 was a WCML machine from new... Willesden, Camden, later Crewe North and the 'Westyern Lines' allocation pool. From May '78 though it went to Healey Mills!

Having looked at Andy's pics again that darn Dukedog is drawing me in big time, I can feel a 'Bradford Barton moment' approaching! And the re-jigged 40 has got the doors to the book cupboard creaking open once more.... somebody make it stop!

DCC is like 'multiculturalism' innit where the majority have it rammed down their throats. Personally I would prefer Bachmann to produce a proper coal space and if the small minority wants to fit speakers, then hack it up. Far preferable to the majority having to build coal spaces out of plastkard.

Regarding Class 40 horn grills, definitely brass.

Only just noticed that the 40 has wire cab door handrails, a very nice touch that and quite subtle. Only two of the three headcode variants were on display at Warley yesterday.... presumably the centre headcode box version is also in the frame...? The split box version looked nice in blue anyway.

I didn't really pay much attention to the Covhops but now I've looked at the photos I'm very impressed. Bachmann are certainly the wagoneer's friend these days.

• RMweb Gold

Just had a shuftie at Roger Harris's allocations book Steve, D211 was a WCML machine from new... Willesden, Camden, later Crewe North and the 'Westyern Lines' allocation pool. From May '78 though it went to Healey Mills!

Having looked at Andy's pics again that darn Dukedog is drawing me in big time, I can feel a 'Bradford Barton moment' approaching! And the re-jigged 40 has got the doors to the book cupboard creaking open once more.... somebody make it stop!

Just wait 'til you see it move Nidge - nothing to beat the peculiar magic and grace of an outside frame 4-4-0 on the move (although a really good inside frame single might be as good?)

Well I've seen City Of Truro on the move 'in the flesh', but that Dukedog has a very 'physical' presence in Andy's pics so I can imagine just what you're getting at Mike. Like I said earlier, I don't really need one but the draw is too much not to have one... etched numberplates, some real coal in the tender, a set of much abused fire irons and a wash of Humbrol dirty black beckons with this one methinks...

Archived