Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

Chris, what is the use of T-cut for? If I search on RM-web it seems to be used for removing decals.

Your weathering is very good, I like the realistic 'shine'.

What is T-Cut anyway? I hope to find something simular in the Netherlands.

Guillaume

Guillaume,

Simon has answered for me. Toothpaste also works well as a polish, but leaves the loco smelling like a sweet shop.

Chris

Cwm Bach was visited by the decorated sample of the Minerva GWR 8750 0-6-0PT. You can read the full story at post #170 here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115316-minerva-gwr-pannier-tank-open-for-advanced-orders/page-7&do=findComment&comment=2744533

Hi Chris,

Looks very nice, are you pleased with it? Im looking forward to mine...when you guys are ready.

Kind regards,

CME

• 1 month later...

A modest ambition was achieved with the publication of my maiden article in edition 256 of the Model Railway Journal about my customised Minerva Kerr Stuart Victory 0-6-0T on Cwm Bach. I have had many articles published in other titles, but this is  a first. Watch out for longer articles about Cwm Bach in some of the other titles.

Regards,

Chris

Victory Parade MRJ No256 July 2017.pdf

• Like 7

Ixion Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0ST No5 "GEORGETTE" stands at Cwm Bach awaiting delivery to our fifth grandchild and second grand-daughter tomorrow. Our daughter-in-law asked for a purple engine so a respray was necessary. The paint is Citadel acrylic "Genestealer Purple". The nameplate is from Narrow Planet.

post-13142-0-24366100-1501767001_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Dave,

Will you be calling Porterbrook or leaving it to me?

Chris

Chris

I'd seen the Porterbrook thing before but as I am firmly in the 'green diesel' camp any other colour would not find favour with me, but a steam loco in lilac is horrid!

Dave

Ixion Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0ST No5 "GEORGETTE" stands at Cwm Bach awaiting delivery to our fifth grandchild and second grand-daughter tomorrow. Our daughter-in-law asked for a purple engine so a respray was necessary. The paint is Citadel acrylic "Genestealer Purple". The nameplate is from Narrow Planet.

Just like to point out that I 'liked' your post on the grounds that I 'like' that you have gone to all this trouble for your grandchild.  Would not want anyone to think that I necessarily like the colour you have painted the loco (LOL).

Now where did I put those travel sickness pills?

Our grand-daughters visited us today and their Hudswell Clarke locomotives ran a double-headed special train up the valley to Cwm Bach. Later on they visited Tonfanau Camp, but were disappointed not to see Peppa Pig and family, who are known to be holidaying in the vicinity. 

post-13142-0-22215800-1501861309_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I suppose it is too late to order my pannier tanks in that fetching shade of puce?

Richard,

It's too late for the 8750s, but if you send the RGB and Pantone colour codes of the precise shade you want we might be able to run a 57XX,  for an appropriate extra consideration of course.

Regards,

Chris

Our grand-daughters visited us today and their Hudswell Clarke locomotives ran a double-headed special train up the valley to Cwm Bach. Later on they visited Tonfanau Camp, but were disappointed not to see Peppa Pig and family, who are known to be holidaying in the vicinity.

At some stage you're going to have to tell them what happened to George........