The DebSquare Order page

Chubber

Yes please - preferably in a material that I won't 'skim' with a Stanley knife blade when using it not exactly as intended.  (interesting point - would a pair be more useful than just one?)

I can't understand the need for two Debsquares....to cut a 'top left to lower right' cut use it one way, then turn over to cut a 'top-right-to lower-left' cut, or, as in Q.I. have blundered into an obvious trick question?

Poop-poop!

Doug,

[Designer and originator of the 'Debsquare' who cleverly and selfishly sidestepped the thorny problem of producing the dratted thing!]

Sincere thankyou and full-credit to Doug (Chubber) for conceiving and designing his excellent little-square and to all kindly folk whom have since indicated a wish to have one.

I`ll be working at coming up with a production tooling/process for delivering an accurate and repeatable tool and will be back in touch with this thread in due course, when that prototyping/pre-production phase is complete and the finished product is available.

Thanks again for your early expressions of interest, patience and continued support. :friends:

Yes please - preferably in a material that I won't 'skim' with a Stanley knife blade when using it not exactly as intended.  (interesting point - would a pair be more useful than just one?)

My home made one with an mdf blade has lasted well so far.

If I use my small snap off knife with about 1 inch of blade out it curves nicely against the guiding edge.

Doug

• RMweb Gold

I can't understand the need for two Debsquares....to cut a 'top left to lower right' cut use it one way, then turn over to cut a 'top-right-to lower-left' cut, or, as in Q.I. have blundered into an obvious trick question?

Poop-poop!

Doug,

[Designer and originator of the 'Debsquare' who cleverly and selfishly sidestepped the thorny problem of producing the dratted thing!]

One thing I find small squares very useful for is when placing and fixing foamboard scenic contour forms as they are ideal - with a bit of weight - for keeping them upright while the glue goes off.  A square each side ahs the advantage of stopping the form falling either way if it is not very easy to secure it with fillets etc in a tight spot.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update for those kind respondents whom have supported the project thus far:

Production of the DebSquare is now underway and I hope to be able to have the first batch ready for sale in a couple of weeks.

Further updates and information, will follow in due course.

Deb.

Archived