SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Today I had to go shopping instead of being in the loft. Pah. However I now have some headgear named Buff. Funny name for a piece of cloth but apparently it will protect my dome from over exposure. I also had a shufty at three Class 66s at Potteric Carr (well, Decoy Sidings really); 745/8/57......very colourful but soulless beasts.

JA has said she wants to see my Buff but I can't spare the time.

Ar$e.

Ducky. 

• RMweb Gold

Today I had to go shopping instead of being in the loft. Pah. However I now have some headgear named Buff. Funny name for a piece of cloth but apparently it will protect my dome from over exposure. I also had a shufty at three Class 66s at Potteric Carr (well, Decoy Sidings really); 745/8/57......very colourful but soulless beasts.

JA has said she wants to see my Buff but I can't spare the time.

Ar$e.

Ducky. 

Be thankful (regretful??) that she didn't say she wanted to see you in your Buff...

Al.

• RMweb Premium

I had forgotten that this morning a box of expanded rubber stuff arrived at Duck Towers. Ballast I said and was reprimanded by SWMBO who suggested that using strong language at breakfast may well scare the servants. Fortunately they are a tough bunch so no harm came of them.

With luck, tomorrow I shall be able to ascend into the loft and see if the rubber stuff works. If it does I shall buy some suitably shaped versions that will fit snugly around some essential parts. For now I shall investigate the number of Honiton Tunnel.

Ducky. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Close, I think it is 437 but can't quite remember. However CK, the above Valerie Singleton once stalled on Honiton Bank (1966 I believe) due to inferior stoking methods and the fact that she was knackered  despite looking quite smart on the outside.

By any chance CK were you standing next to the tracks at Decoy today? If it was you you did look cold, however your overalls were very smart and clean. Not far from your possible position, several people were scoffing sausage and mash. Not me I hasten to add.......

Ducky.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

532 'Blue Peter'.

Please send all your Green Shield stamps to Valerie Singleton.

Milk bottle tops, profits from which will build a new llama sanctuary in Peru.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

By any chance CK were you standing next to the tracks at Decoy today? If it was you you did look cold, however your overalls were very smart and clean. Not far from your possible position, several people were scoffing sausage and mash

I think this must have been one of the extensive network of CK look-a-likes dotted around the country to confuse. Just to make it clear, I would not wear overalls next to the track, there are standards to maintain here.

I had a 'full English' in the Totnes signal box cafe this morning, and was glad of the baked beans.

• RMweb Premium

I think this must have been one of the extensive network of CK look-a-likes dotted around the country to confuse. Just to make it clear, I would not wear overalls next to the track, there are standards to maintain here.

I had a 'full English' in the Totnes signal box cafe this morning, and was glad of the baked beans.

Oh, of course and it should be PPE shouldn't it.

I do hope they (the beans, not the PPE) were Heinz as they are GF. Other brands can be inferior and may well contain G.

Don't forget to try the Axminster St's cafe and the lovely one on Yatton.

Otherwise, sad news I'm afraid. My recently installed 80W, 600mm tube heater has failed and I can't get a Doc' appointment for weeks. 

Ar$e

Edited by Mallard60022

Just to make it clear, I would not wear overalls next to the track, there are standards to maintain here.

Quite right, there are more appropriate ways to attract the attention of idle plate layers and assorted footplate riff raff...

post-238-0-51633300-1452682697.jpg

You were seen in Totnes, and it did look like you enjoyed the beans....

post-238-0-06017500-1452682826.jpg

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters

• RMweb Premium

Quite right, there are more appropriate ways to attract the attention of idle plate layers and assorted footplate riff raff...

attachicon.gifJames_Drewry.jpg

You were seen in Totnes, and it did look like you enjoyed the beans....

attachicon.gifSubtle-yet-interesting-outfit-worn-with-nonchalance.jpg

Ah, those are the infamous Ballroom Trousers from Burtons in Plymuff......................

No such nonsense oop north me duck.

Ducky.

• RMweb Premium

Do you know sumfing? This thread is a lot easier to follow than the one about 00 track.

Any today is worser than yesterday so no 'king "Good morning"........................please.

Did all Burton's  have a snooker hall above them in the bad old days. :scratchhead: 

• RMweb Gold

Oh, of course and it should be PPE shouldn't it.

I do hope they (the beans, not the PPE) were Heinz as they are GF. Other brands can be inferior and may well contain G.

Don't forget to try the Axminster St's cafe and the lovely one on Yatton.

Otherwise, sad news I'm afraid. My recently installed 80W, 600mm tube heater has failed and I can't get a Doc' appointment for weeks. 

Ar$e

Don't bother with the doctors , they know nothing about heaters. Having said that, you'll be lucky to get an electrician inside two weeks

• RMweb Premium

Primed Minstels Question Time is more polite than the track thread. Even I'm more polite than the track thread.

Just a warning, I posted on there just once and almost got exterminated by some bloke. Sad really as they should be more kind to one another......................like we are.

Ducky.

• RMweb Premium

Some time back I might have been mumbling about My Maternal Grandad and his Rugby Caps. If not then hard cheese. Thanks to the fact we still have a Library here in 36E and Plumstead Library's archive (yes really) I have a copy of 'The First Hundred Years' ( 1883 - 1983 The Story of Rugby Football in Cornwall by Tom Salmon). This is amazing that such a book exists but sadly there is little evidence that Grandad played for Cornwall in the 20s (he was born in 1890). However there is a Camborne player named Harvey that represented Cornwall 8 times in 1919 but that person does not have the correct initials. I'm on the case.

Good night.

Ducky.

• RMweb Premium

On the joys of getting off a train and scoffing beans, sausages, and such, please don't overlook the cafe at Redruth station. It ain't just the dining, it's lingering in the hope that a certain divinity may pass through, sit at the corner table, and sip tea whilst in transit between London and her hacienda on the Lizard. I'VE SAT AT THAT TABLE, IN HER CHAIR!! And there was dried mud in the corner where grandad Duck put his rugby boots on the way home from the match! The simple moments in your life when you're part of history.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Do you know sumfing? This thread is a lot easier to follow than the one about 00 track.

Any today is worser than yesterday so no 'king "Good morning"........................please.

Did all Burton's  have a snooker hall above them in the bad old days. :scratchhead:

The Burtons in Plymouth had a rock orientated night club over it in the '70s where I saw such bands as Wilko Johnson and AC/DC.

• Like 1