RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

The Pecoboo bullhead thread has imploded on itself and has been shutdown even before anyone has got their hands on one!

A R Gew Ment.

That's a shame, I was about to break in and install Guinness, then just sit back and relax.

Oh well

Edited by Tim Dubya

Blimey, there goes some special entertaimnent. never mind, they can all come and comment on my finkscaley efforts. I shall enjoy the jolly banter.

B. Bollocked

Your fkin scaley farts are a credit to you.

Alas, I must sadly take some credit/blame for the locking of the bullshite thread.

I shall point out to Andy Y that as "I don't contribute anything to this site", maybe it should be opened up again...

Edited by Pete 75C

• RMweb Gold

Your fkin scaley farts are a credit to you.

Alas, I must sadly take some credit/blame for the locking of the bullshite thread.

I shall point out to Andy Y that as "I don't contribute anything to this site", maybe it should be opened up again...

Actually after all the carp that has been posted on that thread in the past decade or however long it's been running I think major congratulations (and a cake?) are due to those whose intervention in the 'debate' finally managed to get the nonsense shut down, well done Pete (and Larry).

Now - where do we go for a good laugh at someone else's expense?

• RMweb Gold

Firstly, I'd just like to say I managed to not post at all in the Peco Bullsh*t thread. Due to the fact that I can't tell the difference from 3 feet away anyway, I can't see the point of it (the track, or the thread).

Then there was the Templot angle - just why, when it's r-t-p track ?

The last few posts were quite entertaining - even Andy Y's final missive.

As for somewhere else to poke fun..., I'm keeping my head down again. I get enough 'joy' from the sanitary-ware references...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 3

I have a confession to make. In all the years I have been in the railways I have had absolutely nil interest in trackwork, apart from watching ahead for heat buckles,washaways, broken rail, the points are set correctly and to make sure I'm being sent up the right gauge (as We run Standard Gauge and 3'6"). The perway guys will put a speed restriction on it if it's dodgy.

Otherwise I couldn't care less about it. If the rail stays put and everything remains upright that's good enough for Me :)

I did stop to have a look at the writing cast into the side of some rail on one of our ancient branch lines once , found it to be marked from 1912 or thereabouts and then wished that I hadn't. :O

I never had the heart to mention it over on the peecaboo topic.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The new  Hornby class 87 'debate' is heating up well, they've been arguing ranting discussing a white box and whether they should have metal or plastic pantygraphs for weeks now.

S. Parks

I think they're jealous about the quality/accuracy of metal pantographs on some of the European HO models, but don't want the price to go up even more to pay for it.

• RMweb Premium

I think they're jealous about the quality/accuracy of metal pantographs on some of the European HO models, but don't want the price to go up even more to pay for it.

They'd be the wrong gauge pantographs anyway.

#HOTalk

I think you're all getting yourselves into a right Tiswas over these now elderly ladies.

attachicon.gifbd175f6f022f7bed7d68cb37a709bff2--childhood-memories-sally-james-tiswas.jpg

I couldn't quite believe the web address in the bottom corner of this image, but sure enough it exists, blimey, that really could be called the peekaboob thread, small wonder everybody only has time for rtr track and no modelling according the professional grumblers elsewhere

• RMweb Gold

I haven't even been to the Pee Co. thread for ages and ages, so I haven't seen what the fuss has been all about.

However, if further entertainment is required, one can always start an argument with oneself.

Or just listen to some super old TV theme tunes -

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Actually after all the carp that has been posted on that thread in the past decade or however long it's been running I think major congratulations (and a cake?) are due to those whose intervention in the 'debate' finally managed to get the nonsense shut down, well done Pete (and Larry).

Now - where do we go for a good laugh at someone else's expense?

Don't tempt me to suggest a thread .......................................

A. Yorky

• RMweb Premium

Bliddy eck, someone lost their dummy in that last bit (not 75C).

Warning P4 talk.........now then, who wants to discuss the new Peco Bullhead Points? I think they are bloody brilliant. If I build another layout I shall use them exclusively.

Today my DCC Concepts Catalogue arrived. If you ain't got one then get one. It is like looking at the future. There is stuff in there I didn't know existed and they have wires and some green things with solder on. They even have some lovely levers.......

Yo.

• RMweb Premium

I haven't even been to the Pee Co. thread for ages and ages, so I haven't seen what the fuss has been all about.

However, if further entertainment is required, one can always start an argument with oneself.

Or just listen to some super old TV theme tunes -

Didn't that only change last year?

Ardof Earing

• RMweb Premium

Warning P4 talk.........now then, who wants to discuss the new Peco Bullhead Points? I think they are bloody brilliant. 

No there not!

I know that because I haven't even seen them, if I had a layout I wouldn't use them, especially the medium radius ones, there's no point (?) when I can build my own to the exact same radius...

oh hang on

Edited by Tim Dubya