SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Mr Mattingly Custom (excellent weathering of stuff) has to be congratulated for suggesting to Hornblower that this was worth doing.......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/gallery/album_2998/gallery_7466_2998_64178.jpg

Extremely lovely loco wot I sawed at Exeter Central in 1962.

S. Potter

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And before I do, here's another thing - there's nothing in the Hachby announcements for the 'O' gauge modeller.

What's O Gauge CK? is it wot Spams and Pinbold are doing? Is it big big trains with smoke and all that? Do they have Dining Cars?

Phingles Cave

What's O Gauge CK? is it wot Spams and Pinbold are doing? Is it big big trains with smoke and all that? Do they have Dining Cars?

Phingles Cave

OY ! Some of us is tryin' 'ard to see that small stuff these dayz  :O

Ann O. Ptition

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ok I have analysed the Hornby and Baccy announcements.

Baccy: nice to be able to have a couple more Diagrams of Bulleid Brake for two car sets, but not having the D2406 true Loose BCK is still a bit of a bum#er. Never mind. If the new Bulleid CK is good then they maybe worth a punt. 

Hornybee: the Maunsell BR Dining Cars can be a little modified to provide about 4 more D2657 coaches for SOSJ, the further Maunsell BR Green stock could be useful but I do have sufficient really.

The new Nelson could be and 34050 must be on the books. The latter in post 1961 guise is irresistable for me.

I shall also buy a Spanner. 

Good evening.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday I forgot to mention that I spent ages up The Junction. I was measuring the height of rail surface from baseboard level in the Station area. That was so exciting I had to have a lie down afterwards. Actually I lied there, that was when I sat down and studied the Maunsell items in great detail.

Completely OT. Did anyone else watch that lovely programme with the little steam loco having to wobble across Scotland? Great fun and didn't it just begin to unpeel some of the 'characters' we encounter in our great hobby? I think they should do a further series and begin in Kernow so that Stu and his other Kornweigans can take part. Julia Bradbury could do the walking bits and Jenny could do the Wellness and Relaxation sessions in partnership with Mike the Stationmaster.

I'd pay to watch that.

Ar$£

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ok I have analysed the Hornby and Baccy announcements.

Baccy: nice to be able to have a couple more Diagrams of Bulleid Brake for two car sets, but not having the D2406 true Loose BCK is still a bit of a bum#er. Never mind. If the new Bulleid CK is good then they maybe worth a punt. 

May I request that in writing, in triplicate, so that I can show it to any policeman who asks?

• RMweb Premium

May I request that in writing, in triplicate, so that I can show it to any policeman who asks?

Oh, you are awful. Have you tried that Crystal Meth method yet?

Oh yes, what does BCK tell us about you?

Blowyer Edoff 

Edited by Mallard60022

I am unable to help as my typewriter has run out of carbon paper, would you accept it on Izal then I could distribute several copies accordingly ?

Ty Pingpool

• RMweb Premium

Completely OT. Did anyone else watch that lovely programme with the little steam loco having to wobble across Scotland? Great fun and didn't it just begin to unpeel some of the 'characters' we encounter in our great hobby? I think they should do a further series and begin in Kernow so that Stu and his other Kornweigans can take part. 

I recognised Jenny of this parish (from her occasional drunken after pub YouTube vidyo's involving train sets) but I don't know any of the other (to put it mildly) utter nutcases on the programme. 

I love the idea but I'm not too sure about the programme (50/50 at the mo), although everything I've seen comrade Strawbridge in has been most entertaining. 

S. T. Alin

I recognised Jenny of this parish (from her occasional drunken after pub YouTube vidyo's involving train sets) but I don't know any of the other (to put it mildly) utter nutcases on the programme. 

I love the idea but I'm not too sure about the programme (50/50 at the mo), although everything I've seen comrade Strawbridge in has been most entertaining. 

S. T. Alin

I haven't seen the program in question, but I watch a bit of Jenny Kirk's Youtube stuff.

Not only does she do model train reviews but the occasional "know your beer" video ( not seen one of those for a while), her top 1000 Vinyl albums of all time series and then there was the video about her Lee Enfield .303 rifle.

She doesn't claim to be an expert in any particular field but is a real fan of Pre grouping stuff, however she seems to have an interest in all era's and regions, so usually gets around to something might be of interest to most people.

Here's one of her recent vid's about the Birdcage coaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7j3JGMVUlg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday I forgot to mention that I spent ages up The Junction. I was measuring the height of rail surface from baseboard level in the Station area. That was so exciting I had to have a lie down afterwards. Actually I lied there, that was when I sat down and studied the Maunsell items in great detail.

Completely OT. Did anyone else watch that lovely programme with the little steam loco having to wobble across Scotland? Great fun and didn't it just begin to unpeel some of the 'characters' we encounter in our great hobby? I think they should do a further series and begin in Kernow so that Stu and his other Kornweigans can take part. Julia Bradbury could do the walking bits and Jenny could do the Wellness and Relaxation sessions in partnership with Mike the Stationmaster.

I'd pay to watch that.

Ar$£

I'd pay to watch Julia and Jenny but not Stu or Mike.