SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

'Ordinary' Haggis is off menu for us GF persons, as are so many other products where, for some reason, they have to stuff Barley Malt Extract or other crap in the stuff. Mars Bars have Barley Malt Extract in...……..pah!

As for Fritters being fried, I thought they were battered things like years ago at School they used to do Spam Fritters. Never liked that much and it was probably that the batter was a bit greasy and I was probably reacting to stuff like that years before I were diagnosed.

Other stuff like Black Pudding and even Tinned Tomatoes need to be checked for 'banned substances). PITA really. 

Lack of effort here at Duck Towers at the moment; I need to get a grip.

P

Spam fritters, yum yum.

Don't tell Mrs M but a chippy in Louth does them and when I am allowed out on me own I have one for lunch.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Made a weeny effort and ascended to The Junction and collected:

two X L.M.S. SR Buffer Stop Kits (and a small length of spare C75 track);

four and a half Parkside Kits (no idea what the half is left over from);

two 'Free' things from RM.. a plastic Yard Office and a Metcalfe Coal Merchant's Office.

I shall now do a Fritters and most probably open up the Buffer Kits and just look at them before becoming distracted or needing to lie down.

P

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

two 'Free' things from RM.. a plastic Yard Office and a Metcalfe Coal Merchant's Office.

I shall now do a Fritters and most probably open up the Buffer Kits and just look at them before becoming distracted or needing to lie down.

P

Well done Phil, that's the first small step taken.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

Oh to have someone to distract me and to lie down with........redhead preferred.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Ashley Bridge said:

Ducky 

have you sorted out a set of top-hats and wheels for that MN tender yet?
I’m still faffing with the resin brake van kit, the painting’s taken ages.

Rich.

I have a set of Hornybee tender wheels that I plan to use and fettle some sort of inside frame apparatus to accommodate them. That may or may not be the solution but I am not paying £6.50 per axle and waiting a year for those lovely pin point scale ones.  

Take care. 

Phil

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

'Ordinary' Haggis is off menu for us GF persons, as are so many other products where, for some reason, they have to stuff Barley Malt Extract or other crap in the stuff. Mars Bars have Barley Malt Extract in...……..pah!

As for Fritters being fried, I thought they were battered things like years ago at School they used to do Spam Fritters. Never liked that much and it was probably that the batter was a bit greasy and I was probably reacting to stuff like that years before I were diagnosed.

Other stuff like Black Pudding and even Tinned Tomatoes need to be checked for 'banned substances). PITA really. 

Lack of effort here at Duck Towers at the moment; I need to get a grip.

P

We are (in the main) a GF establishment too since my wife was diagnosed last year!

However, we do our separate things on breakfasts (have done for years cos we like different things!), and I keep my own bread.

We are currently doing separate things in other meals to use up what is pre GF in the  chest freezer, which also means a bit less to shop for in the next 2/3 weeks.

Hope everyone is well and managing to keep fit?

I walked 25 mins each way to our eldest sons, put a bag with our grand daughter's birthday present and a couple of things he asked me to get in our local Coop, on the doorstep, rang the bell and walked away 2metres down the path. When my son opened the door we had a 2 metre conversation! 

Still IMHO too many cars on the roads, and theres no big supermarkets etc. near us.

Thankfully, we and all our family are ok.

Keep modelling

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I'm afraid in my case everything is too much effort!

It turns out that my mystery illness was actually viral pneumonia, which wreaked havoc with my system, and has left me sleeping 16-18 hours a day!

I feel as if someone has shorted out my battery and movement feels like someone hung a 16-bogie load off the back of a type 1 diesel!

I'm told by those who observe me (SWMBO) That I'm actually getting better slowly and in a 2 forward one back sort of manner. I've also lost 16 lbs!

As I said to the vicar, I really ought to find a less drastic diet!

• Friendly/supportive 14

Crikkey, take it easy old chap!  Anyway, thinking of Vicars.

I have a chum whose wife is a bit religious.  So to keep her sweet, and to do a bit of handy social climbing, he chats to the local Vic every Sunday.  One week the conversation is books, and my chum spots a chance to shine; 'I'm reading Barchester Towers' he says (he isn't)  'Splendid, Trollope had some views on the Church' says Vic.

Next week, wife poorly, chum goes along on his own.  After the sermon, up comes Vic.  'How's the Trollope?' he asks; 'I left her at home this week, she wasn't feeling well' says chum.

• Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just lost a game of human chess in Budgens.

Trying to keep 2 metres from all the other shoppers until i got cornered with no possible route to go anywhere without passing too close to somebody. I did the decent thing and just stood on the spot and imploded. Check mate....

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

16 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

Just lost a game of human chess in Budgens.

Trying to keep 2 metres from all the other shoppers until i got cornered with no possible route to go anywhere without passing too close to somebody. I did the decent thing and just stood on the spot and imploded. Check mate....

Fake a large, noisy  sneeze. Works a treat.

Rich 

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Ashley Bridge said:

Fake a large, noisy  sneeze. Works a treat. 

I can concur with this.

Many years ago, when CTMK and I were a lot younger, we found that you could effectively keep other folk out of your railway compartment or some distance from your pub table by staging a violent series of coughs or sneezes.

Similarly, sitting in a railway compartment, engaging in loud and raucous laughter as others were passing in the corridor almost always put them off from entering the compartment.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Captain Kernow said:

I can concur with this.

Many years ago, when CTMK and I were a lot younger, we found that you could effectively keep other folk out of your railway compartment or some distance from your pub table by staging a violent series of coughs or sneezes.

Similarly, sitting in a railway compartment, engaging in loud and raucous laughter as others were passing in the corridor almost always put them off from entering the compartment.

I thought you always travelled in the toilets ?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

Just to help keep this remotely On Topic.

Brains Faggots & Pies were produced in Station Road, New Cheltenham, Bristol,

This location was actually at the foot of Rodway Common, hard against the MR

Gloucester - Bristol line, just West of Mangotsfield Station. The Road did not lead to the station,

except as part ofa very circuitous route. However when the goods yard / CE Depot fell out of

use (probably 1966 - 68) Brains took over the site for a car park, and had to engineer an

access road up the embankment to track level. The first time the yard had any road

access! Unfortunately I cannot confirm that any pies were ever despatched by train.

Neither the factory, car park, or goods yard now exists - but there is an excellent model

of Mangotsfield Station, which can be be found on Flikr under the builders title of

model geek.

ATB

TONY

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I am trying to avoid humans whilst walking around the park... there are loads of them out here getting in my way. Especially the panting heavy breathing types, what are they called? 

Fat?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5