Class 33 Photos

Number 2 road was being rebuilt for the PW department tampers, we never had this road for the motive power department.

If my memory is correct it was early 80s just after Burma Star was named.

This photo shows Number 3 road with the steam crane on and a better view of No2 road.

I've got some more photos somewhere and will post them.

NelsonTender036_zps23091bb9.jpg

Simon 

• Like 5

Look's impressive. Any shot's you have would be great to see, especially if you have any of the shed it's self as at some point I'm hoping to model a smaller 3 road version ( late 50's early 60's with the coal drop and turntable )

• RMweb Premium

Luvverly - funny looking TC though! :jester:Was there a story behind the Crompton towing the plastic pig?

Kind regards,

Paul

Doubt it. It was quite common for a while to see such diversions via Andover when there was engineering work between Basingstoke and Eastleigh.

Just looking through the class 33 photos and was wondering why a lot of them had a big dent above the coupling was there a particular reason for this or just through coupling use in that area?

Steve

I've always understood it to be due to the screw link coupling, hence why there's no dent on 33/1s that had a rubbing plate and buckeye coupling.

Back in the day I remember at least one with a square cut-out in the bodywork to assist with clearance & prevent the dent..............no idea which Crompton though

EDIT

Check out 33050 in post #95

Edited by Southernman46

Just looking through the class 33 photos and was wondering why a lot of them had a big dent above the coupling was there a particular reason for this or just through coupling use in that area?

Steve

It's just over  enthusiastic use of the shunting pole when using the train coupling (yes, I know you should us the loco coupling, but in the real world....)

There is not a lot of space between the top of the loco coupling hook and the bottom of the front panel.

Chris

what a wonderful selection of snaps!  I particularly liked the one of '012 on Salisbury in its 'ice cream van' livery: I remember the frothing it generated at the time amongst the local enthusiast fraternity - what I think would be known as a 'marmite' livery these days!  Funny how tame it now looks in hindsight.  Happy days!

Best wishes,

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 1