Washout at Dawlish

Hey Ho

its off to work we go!!!

post-22449-0-08783800-1398844613_thumb.jpg

and its all got to be carried

EDIT;-

these guys will have walked from the compound in the Station

( which is opposite the old Lifeboat house, other side of the tracks) 

the full length of the station,

under the viaduct,

back along the seawall as far as said lifeboat house

past the barrier where last nights "viewers" went past the warning signs

along past the live web cam to the work site

3/4 mile?

& if you forget something its a long trog back!

Edited by Granitechops
  • Like 2

I don't remember the Forum agreeing to that? Monstrous!

He can probably be seen exercising his sheep on The Lawn at Dawlish and trying to find where to put his key to the town. Or maybe walking morosely along the sea wall looking for the ghostly remnants of his orange army and wondering why the appearance of a wheelbarrow brings forth thread comments. Also probably searching in vain for a free pasty!

• RMweb Premium

Perfect windsurfing conditions at Dawlish at the moment; shallow water and about 15 knots of wind with sun. However, wave sailors would not give a toot about this.

Doesn't it look beautiful? Just needs some steam action.....

P

• RMweb Gold

Perfect windsurfing conditions at Dawlish at the moment; shallow water and about 15 knots of wind with sun. However, wave sailors would not give a toot about this.

P

10th May, matey - 'watch this space'... :D

He can probably be seen exercising his sheep on The Lawn at Dawlish and trying to find where to put his key to the town. Or maybe walking morosely along the sea wall looking for the ghostly remnants of his orange army and wondering why the appearance of a wheelbarrow brings forth thread comments. Also probably searching in vain for a free pasty!

Ha!

Trying to purchase the right size of neon tube for his shed, more like, so that he might be able to do a bit of airbrushing there, if conditions allow!

• Like 2

Trying to purchase the right size of neon tube for his shed, more like, so that he might be able to do a bit of airbrushing there, if conditions allow!

Get out in the sun you dont need to airbrush a tan on or use tubes!

P

I should suppose that surfing in this country needs the right day. Any one care to guess where this brave soul is, besides in water?

post-276-0-72570600-1398869256.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Its' raining now so i won't be taking my kit to the beach .....and the tide's in and it's cold and I'm a whimp and ...oh shut up!

I am really sad as I am really looking forward to watching the steam activity on this cam (I said steam activity). In fact I quite like just leaving the lap top on and watching the expresses passing every so often. However, it is a bit boring with X Country and FGW sets all the ****y time. Then again, at least trains are running and at full speed more or less.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I In fact I quite like just leaving the lap top on and watching the expresses . , it is a bit boring with X Country and FGW sets all the ****y time. Then again, at least trains are running and at full speed more or less.

That's exactly what I'll be in Phil travelling to Paignton in a few weeks time.Looking forward to it immensely.

• RMweb Premium

Could some one explain about the train tracker diagram?

On the diagram we presumably have:

Dxxx = Dawlish controlled block

Exxx = Exeter controlled block

So what are Uxxx blocks?

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Could some one explain about the train tracker diagram?

On the diagram we presumably have:

Dxxx = Dawlish controlled block

Exxx = Exeter controlled block

So what are Uxxx blocks?

Cheers

Keith

All the signalling sections along the Sea Wall, in fact between the Bristol-side of Cogload Jct and the Plymouth-side of Totnes are controlled from Exeter Panel.

Get out in the sun you dont need to airbrush a tan on or use tubes!

WHAT SUN??!!