Hornby K1

davidw

I've just been looking through the Hattons booklet that was in the post bag with my copy of Model Rail, and the Hornby pre orders page lists the K1 as being 'due Apr'

Cheers

J

It says December on their website.

http://www.ehattons.com/69501/Hornby_R3242_Class_K1_2_6_0_62015_in_BR_early_crest/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

The E-mail I received from Hattons shortly after pre ordering also said  available in early December 2014, which would seem a reasonable first stab at a delivery date based on information to the retailer from Hornby.

Remember, we're only pre conditioned to expect announced dates to slip, not to be advanced.

I think four months between initial announcement and production would be a little unrealistic. :scratchhead:

Regards,

John

Edit for punctuation

Edited by Brit70053

• RMweb Gold

The 700 and D16/3 are listed for 5th September, the K1 and J15 for 5th December. The words "on or after" are included in all cases.

John

Corrected from B16 to D16, don't want the NER fans getting over excited!

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget though that the 2-BIL was out only a few months after initial announcement. Granted they had production samples shown in the announcement. Perhaps Hornby are being very discreet about this (possibly) imminent release? Not hopeful though lol

• RMweb Premium

IIRC the 2-BIL had what seemed like an over optimistic first delivery date when it was announced and Hornby managed to produce and deliver a (part?) run reasonably close to that date.

I think we'll find the April date for the K1 has been an error in Hattons booklet and that the December 2014 date is a more realistic (though not guaranteed) expectation.

Regards,

John

• 1 month later...

There is already a topic about the Hornby K1 Pint. I suggest you do a quick search before posting. You can have a moderator merge you're thread with the one opened already
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82160-Hornby-k1/

Re: Delivery dates. I am not sure where you've heard that April was the month but it's apparently due in December this year. If it were due this month there would have been atleast one EP sample shown to us prior to it's release (just like the 2-BIL).

Re: the model numbers, I think it's as easy as just looking up the Hornby website. But here are the numbers anyways
- R3242 #62015 BR Early Crest
- R3243 #62024 BR Late Crest
- R3243A #62027 BR Late Crest

PS: I request a moderator to merge this thread with the current Hornby K1 thread.

Edited by Jeffery B

I did do a quick search - RMWeb is so full now, especially of meaningless drivel or 'I hate Hornby' or 'I know how to run their business better', that it is becoming impossible to locate content.

The April date is given in the Hattons Spring 2014 Best Sellers Brochure on p15 - New Hornby 2014 range.

I did do a quick search - RMWeb is so full now, especially of meaningless drivel or 'I hate Hornby' or 'I know how to run their business better', that it is becoming impossible to locate content.

The April date is given in the Hattons Spring 2014 Best Sellers Brochure on p15 - New Hornby 2014 range.

Totally agree 100% with that first statement of your's.

I tried searching for Hornby K1 and I got the results so not sure if the results vary from individual to individual. :P

Usually I don't seem to listen to dates that Hattons gives because I've always found it to be wrong in recent times. And I do cross check with others. But since their website says December then that's more plausible :)

Cheers.

Hmmm ... but perhaps ...

My incisive and insightful comments

=

Your somewhat off-topic but thoughtful observation

=

His meaningless drivel?

As so often, where you stand may depend on where you sit!

WW

It's down to how you use the tools that are available.

Using the Advanced Search (the little gear symbol next to the Search box) with these parameters:

Hornby_K1_search.jpg

Gives focussed results.

Hornby_K1_result.jpg

Even using the quick and dirty approach of typing Hornby K1 in the search box gives this with this topic being number 2 and 3 on the list.

Hornby_K1_googlesearch.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear...does "meaningless drivel " mean "I can't get a quick fix for my problem" ?Or that you lack the tolerance necessary for a full and frank exchange of ideas.In any case it reveals a disappointing contempt for the views of others...and an exchange of views and information is what this forum is usually about.Maybe you disagree with that ?

• 1 month later...

No real interest to me, but for those who are Hornby have put a picture up of the first running example of the new K1 on Facebook, it can be viewed here:

Direct:

https://www.facebook.com/officialhornby/photos/a.10150197267445843.309835.53107985842/10152138638505843/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Hornbys Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/officialhornby?fref=nf

Edited by knapper
  • Like 3

It looks to have a decent level of separate detail so far. Hopefully there'll be some more shots of it released soon, once they've had a chance to play, erm test it!

Cheers

J

Edited to deal with some auto correct issues!

Edited by JaymzHatstand

• RMweb Premium

Looks promising, here just before Christmas perhaps?

Early December was Hattons' first information for a delivery date. Fingers firmly crossed.

Regards,

John

First impressions - very tasty, and looks like B1 and B17 quality.

Lets hope that continues below the running plate with full brass bearings etc.

Certainly on the 'want' list (railtour loco, 62005 or LNER 2005 - if not announced next year, a worthwhile investment to renumber)